Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-02-2005, 05:31 PM   #1
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Default Manual conversion complete

Just thought Id let you all know, that after a very long day yesterday, not ot mention 33 degrees and 90 something percent humidity, I converted the EL to manual. Everything went pretty much as planned, with no major probs. Ended up having to remove the cat to get to a couple of the bolts on the auto, but that wasnt too difficult. Worst thing that happened, was the auto came out before I was ready, and ended up knocking over the drain pan, coating the garage floor with around 8 litres of ATF, but that was nothing a bit of degreeser didnt take car of. Had a few issues getting the manual box in, only because I was working on my own, and the box kept wanting to fall off the jack. Ive taken it for a good run thismorning, and all seems to be good, with the exception of the ecu. Having fitted a wade cam the other day, the ecu now has to relearn the cam (fitted a manual xr6 ecu by the way), and keeps wanting to stall at the lights. However, for some reason, when the aircon is running, I dont get the prob!!??!! Still have to adjust the clutch again to get it right, but apart from that, its all good. Thanks to all who answered my questions in the other thread. Nothing like the satisfaction of doing work on your car yourself, and saving a heap of dosh on labour costs

Now all I need is to get a new gear knob and matching wheel. Was thinking about one of the SVO ones mentioned in another thread(got a birthday comming up, might have to sweet talk the wife ). With any luck, my body kit should arrive within the next few days, so ill be keen to get that painted and fitted. By the way, any idea of roughly what it would cost me to get it painted? Front and rear skirts, side skirts and door pods, along with the door side moulds (fairmont type)? Ive also got a wrecker comming to see what he will give me for what is left of the fairlane next week, as well as the 4 speed. Hoping that ill be able to do a part trade with him for the xr lsd diff he has..... I will also be getting pics up soon (as promised) however, I cant seem to find the cable to download them from the camera, so it seems ill have to get a new one. :
Low Na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 05:43 PM   #2
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear it all went smoothly

BTW: An alternative the svo lightening shifter costs a few hundred bucks is a short shifter from BPT, which will set you back about $75. It isnt quite as good, but it still gives a much better feel to the box.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
Low Na
Cruisin in my EL

Cheers for that. When talking about SVO, I was actually refering to there wheels, not shifters. But, having said that, id like to fit some sort of quick shifter to the box, just to tighten things up a little. Does BPT have a web address? Cause for the money, its sounds pretty good
Low Na is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, click on their logo on the top of the page
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
SileNceR
02/90 EA II Fairmont

aircon on and not stalling would be because the aircon has a switch that makes the car rev a little higher so aircon doesnt cause the car to stall...

good to hear it all went in ok tho... have fun
Old 03-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #6
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Good work mate. Hope the body kit goes ok. Hey, hows the heat up there atm, im flying up to Brisbane on sunday?
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post