Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 25-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
dragon

Default Temp gauge fluctuating

I have an EbII fairmont that i have just put in a tickford 4.0 in it it's done low ks about 50 the rocker cover is green not red why is that it came out of an nc sports i think. The motor has been runing fine but this past week the temp moves to half like it always dose then back to cold once it gose back to cold it then climbs back up i put in a new thermostat and temp sensor and still is doing it anyone know why cheers dragon

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Green Ticky cover should mean its NC2 Sportsman motor ;)

my old EA did this, it drove me nuts. I drilled a very small close to 1mm hole in the side of the thermostat and it disappeared.

Welcome to the forums

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 12:01 AM   #3
LUXO_8
windsor user

yes as said the NC Sportman had a green rocker cover instead of the usual red one. as for why ford decided to do that..........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 12:18 AM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
yes as said the NC Sportman had a green rocker cover instead of the usual red one. as for why ford decided to do that..........
Green was LPG apparently. All the LPG motors got the green ticky cover. Maybe ford had a few too many of them and used them on Fairlanes?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 26-07-2005, 12:22 AM   #5
John_LS1

yeah green was NC sportsman only, not LPG :P they put green rocker covers on dedicated gas AU engines....
Old 26-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_xr6
yeah green was NC sportsman only, not LPG :P they put green rocker covers on dedicated gas AU engines....
oooh sorry "mr la de da! : " lol

Old 26-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #7
dragon

Default Thanks and...

Thanks for welcoming me. This problem is really starting to me to the point of selling the car mind you it gose hard but no one can help me i tried to bleed the system but still is doing it. so when u say drill a hole in the side do you mean the flange part or where the spring part is.
Old 26-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #8
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

The idea of drilling the hole is to allow some coolant flow even with the thermostat closed. You'd drill somewhere on the flange, most say 3mm is the best size. Also if the thermostat is non-genuine, I can say from experience they don't last long. The Ford one is about $25 and worth every dollar.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2005, 06:56 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

i must say that the thermostats are the only part thats actually reasonably priced at ford
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post