Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default T3 TE50 and T3 TS50 ...pure beauty...ford why oh why...

I still get moist every time I see one of these drive past. Unfortunately we don't see enough of them...I know there were only a few hundred made of each, but why oh why didn't ford release more of these and earlier on!

Talk to most people on the street and they don't have a clue about these cars...and you'd be pressed to see one true T3 once a month (unless you live near one)...how many HSV's of the same period do you see? At least one or two a day?

With the awesome T3 kit, they are seriously one of the best looking Aussie muscle cars out there...Ford could have converted a lot of people if only they had more foresight, relased a heap of them and earlier on...even the most die-hard AU hater must swallow hard when one of these babies flies past...

vfast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

The T-Series was not a normal production model. Thay were built to order, which means you had to order one, put down a deposit and then Tickford built it. The problem was that it was not marketed well and as you said not many people know what thay are and there wasn't that many ordered.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Considering most people still now in 2006 don't know what a T3 TE50/TS50 is, how did they expect to sell any when they were building them?

But as you have said a very, very nice Ride.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Owning one would give you the satisfaction of knowing all this though, and that only those whose opinion really matters, will be the ones who can truly appreciate these rare beauties!

It's a rare piece of history to have one. I don't expect many to be able to appreciate that!

*GK goes to the large picture of the TE50 behind him in his office and sighs, wondering what could be!*

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the fact that nobody knows of them still is

1. As said - VERY poor marketing from such a large company

2. Not enough built, therefore inaccessible to the majority of the public

3. Too slow to get the 5.6l under the bonnet

4. The awesome kit was used for the later models, not too long before the AU model was obsolete, therefore short exposure

5. Very poor after market support in following years for fans that could not afford (or find) a T3 - very few places stocked the kits, and they were very expensive

I really think Ford blew HUGE market potential...
Old 23-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #6
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Owning one would give you the satisfaction of knowing all this though, and that only those whose opinion really matters, will be the ones who can truly appreciate these rare beauties!

It's a rare piece of history to have one. I don't expect many to be able to appreciate that!

lol its great for the 400 people that own one ;)

but sucks for the rest...

Last edited by Juzman; 23-04-2006 at 09:59 PM. Reason: added quote...
Old 23-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #7
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

incase you don't know what we're talking about...

Old 23-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman
lol its great for the 400 people that own one ;)

but sucks for the rest...
Well Juzman, you now have your opportunity to own one. One (99 model TE50 with damage) is in the "cars for sale" thread. The guy wants 12.5 K but will take reasonable offers. He has the front and rear bar needed, and he says it's about another 3-4K to get the rest (mainly wheel well and rear) fixed up.

Give it a look, make an offer, history is yours for the taking!!!!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 23-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GK sorry...but I can't find that thread anywhere... can you please post the link?
Old 23-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #10
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman
incase you don't know what we're talking about...

That car in the photo may as well be a fake- apart from the body kit there's no original T3 left lol

I'm not bothered they were such a low numbers or poorly marketed car- I've still got one and it doesn't bother me for a second when I have to tell someone I've got a Falcon when they ask me what I drive-

seeing them standing in a puddle of their own drool when they see it makes it all worthwhile hahaha lol
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #11
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Actually they are not a Ford Falcon, they are a Tickford T-Series.
Old 23-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #12
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
That car in the photo may as well be a fake- apart from the body kit there's no original T3 left lol

I'm not bothered they were such a low numbers or poorly marketed car- I've still got one and it doesn't bother me for a second when I have to tell someone I've got a Falcon when they ask me what I drive-

seeing them standing in a puddle of their own drool when they see it makes it all worthwhile hahaha lol
you bastard! ;)
Old 23-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado
Actually they are not a Ford Falcon, they are a Tickford T-Series.
Yeah mate I know- it's just easier to say that then try and explain it and sound like a pompus *****....

Give it time and everyone will know what they are- as it is more and more are becoming aware of it.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 23-04-2006, 10:46 PM   #14
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Well I'm glad I'm part of the low numbered T-Series brother hood !
Its just horn to drive everytime and ppl just turn and stare !
Love it love it.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 11:01 PM   #15
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Yeah mate I know- it's just easier to say that then try and explain it and sound like a pompus *****....

Give it time and everyone will know what they are- as it is more and more are becoming aware of it.
agreed....

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 11:15 PM   #16
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

GK can you please post a link!!!
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Quote:

This is the reason I created the T-Series website. I was getting tired of explaining what a T-Series was. Now I just tell them to look at the website :o)
Old 23-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Yeah - I know what you mean. When I get asked "What sort of car is that?", I usually answer with "Ford TS50". I then get the usual ".. A what??" answer. I then just follow on with "A hotted up Ford Falcon.. _ ". It usually get's the reply of "Ohh yeah.. :yeees: (insert 5 seconds gap) .. A what ??". :

The T3 kit is a very aggresive looking kit indeed. Just screams "look at me". Some like it, some don't, some are so so. I'm in the latter catagory. The big spoiler is a little too much for me. Unfortunately someone had to go make crappy fibreglass copies of it, and now you have almost every guy/girl with an AU wanting to put the T3 kit on his stock I6 Forte. While they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I fear the T3 kitted stocky Falcons are giving a bad name for the real T3's out there. Geting done by POS Commodores and the like, then the owners go on braggin' about how their Commodore just beat one of those hot 5.6 Tickford TE50's and so on. Heard it too many times. And I know that the T3's they are talking about are kitted I6's, not genuine T3's.. 'cause if they were, it'd be a different story.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #19
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
GK can you please post a link!!!
I think this is it mate

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...700#post672700
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #20
vfast
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not a bad price or car at all...if only it was in Brisbane lol
Old 24-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #21
GK
Walking with God

Sorry Guys,

Got to the computer late this morning, had a sleep in as I'm still on leave!

That was the link I was talking about! Honestly, if I had the money floating around and the inclination I would love that car. I would need to be a single bloke with no family as well!

GK

Now gone!
On LPG

Old 24-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #22
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Yeah - I know what you mean. When I get asked "What sort of car is that?", I usually answer with "Ford TS50". I then get the usual ".. A what??" answer. I then just follow on with "A hotted up Ford Falcon.. _ ". It usually get's the reply of "Ohh yeah.. :yeees: (insert 5 seconds gap) .. A what ??". :

The T3 kit is a very aggresive looking kit indeed. Just screams "look at me". Some like it, some don't, some are so so. I'm in the latter catagory. The big spoiler is a little too much for me. Unfortunately someone had to go make crappy fibreglass copies of it, and now you have almost every guy/girl with an AU wanting to put the T3 kit on his stock I6 Forte. While they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I fear the T3 kitted stocky Falcons are giving a bad name for the real T3's out there. Geting done by POS Commodores and the like, then the owners go on braggin' about how their Commodore just beat one of those hot 5.6 Tickford TE50's and so on. Heard it too many times. And I know that the T3's they are talking about are kitted I6's, not genuine T3's.. 'cause if they were, it'd be a different story.
Thats all true, but I do have a T3 kit on my falcon... But seriously I only got the T3 kit because everything else available at the time (2yrs ago) was too ricey. But hopefully by this time in May I'll have the 5.6 transferred into the engine bay.. Just gotta save a bit more, costs soo much to do the changeover!!
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #23
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's rather ironic that a car that is now sought after and well on the way to becoming a classic in it's own right was so hard to move when new.
I remember well into 2003 that New Oaks had quite a few T3s out the front with the price of them dropping rapidly the longer they were there. Unfortunately I didn't have to cash to snap one up and could only drool on the way past. Some lucky people got their T3s for a bargain price. Luckily for me there were no Blueprint ones left... I may have had to sell my soul for one
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #24
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
It's rather ironic that a car that is now sought after and well on the way to becoming a classic in it's own right was so hard to move when new.
I remember well into 2003 that New Oaks had quite a few T3s out the front with the price of them dropping rapidly the longer they were there. Unfortunately I didn't have to cash to snap one up and could only drool on the way past. Some lucky people got their T3s for a bargain price. Luckily for me there were no Blueprint ones left... I may have had to sell my soul for one
Its just one of those things Jeff. At the time they were an overpriced AU and the BA was about to storm onto the scene with the GT and the new V8. As time now goes on the T3 has started to do what 90% of people said would never happen but I knew from day 1. It is becoming a "numbered" collector car. Basically any Falcon with a "made to order" or limited edition numbering sequence becomes a classic. Its just shades of Cobra all over again. They couldnt give them away at the time as the XD was about to change Ford forever, now a bathurst edition is highly sort after.
The exact same will happen to the T3's and, to a lesser extent, all T series.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #25
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
The T3 kit is a very aggresive looking kit indeed. Just screams "look at me". Some like it, some don't, some are so so. I'm in the latter catagory. The big spoiler is a little too much for me.
There's a genuine T3 that "lives" near me. It's silver and has the lip spolier like your car. 2 years ago, I thought it looked awful (cos it wasn't the big spoiler), but now, I reckon it's great, as it's something a little different. How do I know it's a real one? You can't get that burble from a 6, and he pulled past me from a set of lights like I was standing still!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 02:39 PM   #26
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Got in one. Thats exactly what happend. The T3 was a barnstormer & sales were going very well. When I got mine I wanted a Blueprint one, but was put off by the three month wait!! So I took there demo, that was the new car sales manager. He was a bit pi55ed of about, as he only had the car for a few days.
After many phone calls to Tickford I was assured there was not going to be a GT in the future so I decided to go for the T3. As it turned out it was probally the best thing..
Then bugger me FPV came along & all the talk was about the soon ariving GT.
That spelt the death of the sales of the T3. I was one of the buyers that were being enticed by free Brembo's if I traded the T3 in on a GT. I was told that I would get the GT at a discounted price & even leather seats!
I was pretty dirty on Ford for going ahead with the huge discounts on the remaining T3s as it devaued all the others that were bought before the discount.
The dealer told my they were not to have any T3 in the showroom, or in stock when the GTs arrived. Ford wanted nothing to get in the way of the new product sales.. : Strange but true..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #27
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing's changed Steve. Wait for the lead up to Orion .. all the people that have just purchased their new FPV will see the same thing. Ford and FPV should hand out jars of vaselene with each car... to reduce the pain of what comes later.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 03:52 PM   #28
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

I remember quiote a big TV ad campain that was on tele for ages with John Bowe (sp? - V8 Supercar driver) doing a speach about them. Maybe it was just for John McGrath Ford in Canberra....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #29
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

id love a T3 TS50 they are an awesome car much more appealling then a GT
Blue driver can you point my towards some pics of ur new car?
Old 24-04-2006, 04:10 PM   #30
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00VenomXR
id love a T3 TS50 they are an awesome car much more appealling then a GT
Blue driver can you point my towards some pics of ur new car?
Your first sentence explains why I'm in one _2: :

2 rushed pics in the Tickford section in the Roll Call thread started by 012.
Once she is sorted over the next few days will post more.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post