Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Part Time Work

Hi Guys,

I am 15 well 16 tomorrow and am looking for some part time work.

I would have just put in at Maccas or Wollies but i am only able to work limited times.

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who had some after school work on a Monday or work on Saturday morning and Sunday all day. I live on the Gold Coast near Robina.

I used to work in my Dad's supermarket for about 5 years (yes i started working young) so i have retail experience.

I am happy to do whatever type of work want to save up for my car.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jonno

Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
ieatsports_cars
proud member of the MFCC

see if you can apply for a job working for the queensland government
ieatsports_cars is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just apply at Coles and Woolies at Robina Town Centre and put down you can only work those hours as a casual.
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
dan.76
always reading posts

try the aldi in robina as well, better pay and conditions than woolies so ive heard.
also go around door to door to small workshops and such in industrial areas and say what you can work, may get a job to clean up ect on sat
dan.76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
azaxr8

hmmm. already said what i was thinking. goodluck dude. ahhh if i was 16 again:P
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

like dan said go around to the small businesses grocery, fruit market, mechs etc .
a mate once got a job back in the day by going into a video store and saying loudly to the bloke at the counter "give me a job", that bloke was the owner and liked my mates initiative offered him a job and he was doing his first shift the next morning.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wouldnt reccomend working in a coles/woolies, unless you can get a job out the back in stocking.

Definately try maccas. yeah it sounds like bull but i had some awesome times working there, very laid back, very very friendly people and everyone's young and wants to have fun! of course it would be different at every store but maccas people do have quite a lot of fun. pay aint that bad anymore either. You would probably get paid about $10.50-$12 an hour or something like that and the hours are very flexible.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnomc
Hi Guys,

I am 15 well 16 tomorrow and am looking for some part time work.

I would have just put in at Maccas or Wollies but i am only able to work limited times.

I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who had some after school work on a Monday or work on Saturday morning and Sunday all day. I live on the Gold Coast near Robina.

I used to work in my Dad's supermarket for about 5 years (yes i started working young) so i have retail experience.

I am happy to do whatever type of work want to save up for my car.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jonno
Walk into K-Mart at Robina and go up the back to the Lay-by section , ask to speak to Jeff or Paul mate ...........I just resigned my night shifts , there are a couple of after school guys doing this ...
Good luck , drag me away from work for 1/2 an hour and i will introduce you ... :

You will have that ute in no time ..........
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
Melchior3

You could try Bunnings if you have a local one. Over here they'll take just about anyone for weekend work and they open to 9pm weeknights so you can get hours there too.
Melchior3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #10
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior3
You could try Bunnings if you have a local one. Over here they'll take just about anyone for weekend work and they open to 9pm weeknights so you can get hours there too.
closest ones burleigh and last time i checked they weren't looking :(

i found it very hard to get a job on the coast, got rejected from coles, woolies and maccas, ended up at brumbies in robina only cause of my mate, moral of the story is, its much easier if you know somebody..btw mate most places are really flexible with hours
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post