Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #1
sly
Sly like a G6

Default Part no. for computer

I'm looking for a part number or catch code for the PCM (ECU) for a series 1, SmartShield update, XR6 HP automatic. Searching the parts database brings up 2 likely part numbers, WR2T-12A650-CF and WR2T-12A650-MD. I'd assume one of these is for the Smartlock variant and the other for Smartshield? The descriptions in the database are identical.

Anyone with a s1 XR6HP auto know their part # or catch code (and security system)? Thanks for any help.

The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the catch code is on the bottom of the PCM near the expansion port the part number is on the plug but you need to remove it to read it
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
sly
Sly like a G6

Yeah... but I can't read the number off a part I haven't got. I need the right number to order an XR6HP PCM from a wrecker to go with the cam I bought today (BTW Ford now have 19 left, new, $180). I know I could get my existing PCM edited, but I suspect it's a bit flaky so I want to change it over anyway. I think you did something similar?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 21-09-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly
Yeah... but I can't read the number off a part I haven't got. I need the right number to order an XR6HP PCM from a wrecker to go with the cam I bought today (BTW Ford now have 19 left, new, $180). I know I could get my existing PCM edited, but I suspect it's a bit flaky so I want to change it over anyway. I think you did something similar?
yes i changed mine but mine is a series 3 so it is different. when you change it your econ switch will no longer work as you will have adaptive shift
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
yes i changed mine but mine is a series 3 so it is different. when you change it your econ switch will no longer work as you will have adaptive shift
Klosters eventually came good, after enough poking and prodding. The -MD code applies to build dates from 5/99 to some time in 2000, which is the one I need, the other code is 7/98 to 5/99. A big thanks to the guys who put the parts database together.

Having the right code will make chasing one down a lot easier. Amazing how many wreckers say that all AU XR6's had VCT, or that the non-VCT XR6 motor was the same as the Forte, or who have never heard of an XR6 HP. A lot easier and quicker just to say "I need part #XYZ for an AU". I'll repost on the parts locator websites and hope to get a result better than $1008 (ouch!) from Ford.

Sleeper, anyone?
Old 24-09-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
when you change it your econ switch will no longer work as you will have adaptive shift
My econ switch has always seemed a bit odd. Always needed to be pushed twice, slowly and deliberately, to change out of the mode it was in when the car was started. Always forgot to query it when the car was in warranty.

Did the AU1 have adaptive shift BTW?

Sleeper, anyone?