Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Gearbox Transplant - Starts Wednesday

Hi people. Its been a while since I last posted here, I was kinda worried my account wouldnt work. It seems it does.

Anyway, the plan is to remove the windsor from the capri, and then the capri from the shed. Leaving a bay for me to do my gearbox conversion.

I have:
1 EFII Futura, 6Cyl Auto
T-5, with shifter
Flywheel
Clutch
Pressure Plate
Flywheel Bolts
Clutch Pedal, with switch and bolt-in mount.

I need:
Clutch Cable
Pressure Plate to Flywheel bolts
Shifter Boot
Random Electricals

As far as I am aware, the gearbox uses the auto crossmember and tailshaft, and the gearstick protrudes through the same hole. The computer needs to be told that it is in gear on the selector wire, in neutral by the starter lockout, and the trans temp is low (to kill thermos). I am hoping that the bellhousing bolts and starter motor are the same...

Have I forgotten anything?

thanks
Ben

BLSTIC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Dezza
Parts bin special

You'll need a spigot bearing, as well as the clevis and bushes for where the cable connects to the pedal box

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #3
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I forgot to list the spigot bearing. Its sitting next to the flywheel bolts. Whats this clevis and bushes stuff?

I have a complete EBI pedal box (matches gearbox) here, I take it that the parts would be on that?

thanks
Ben
Old 14-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

They should be. The clevis is where the clutch cable clips to the clutch pedal. There is also a bush on it.

Also bellhousing bolts and starter motor are the same, so they'll be fine.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I should have the clevis and bush, at one stage I did mock everything up on the floor (before my $94 clutch cable grew legs), and had the cable hooked up on both ends.

It sounds like its all go. Except the guy didnt come to look at the Capri's engine, so it hasnt been sold or removed. I dont have a shed space like I was promised...

cya
Ben
Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #6
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Evidently 'starts wednesday' means two weeks on saturday. The cars's about to go up now, I'll be doing a writeup, with pics. Almost a tech document. I have an EA clutch cable, so I hope I now have enough to get traction.

Today will be auto out, and boxes on the ground, ready for me to make up a loom. Clutch pedal and cable goes in, clutch and flywheel get inspected (new bolts too), maybe installed. I might make up a clutch switch bracket as well so that my cruise cuts out when I change gears.

Cya
Ben
Old 03-03-2007, 09:49 PM   #7
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm writing up a step by step guide now, if you need to know. Part 1 will be up in 20 minutes or so (i hope)
Old 04-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #8
efgiar
rofl copter

the starter is identical, bellhousing bolts onto the block are the same, from box to bellhousing are different, the wiring is a piece of ****, just bridge the nuetral and plug ur reverse lights in and speedo gear.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #9
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats this box-bellhousing bolts you are on about? I have a T5 with bellhousing from an EB, My bellhousing is already on the gearbox.