Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
KooK
Starter Motor

Default Where to pick up a Barra 270T?

Wondering if anybody can help me locate where I can pick up and have shipped overseas a Barra 270T engine/trans (6spd manual) out of a Falcon XR6, any websites or local spots that anybody might have would really help a ton.

Thanks!

KooK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Try Ferntree Gully (site sponsor), dont know what they want for it, but I'd say they'd have it.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
KooK
Starter Motor

I assume you're speaking of the ad of the salvage yard at the top of the page. I'll give them a shout, thanks! If anybody else knows of any more just in case they're out, please feel free to speak up.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
KooK
Starter Motor

I'm not 100% anymore what this engine came out of, I'm getting different people saying different things, what did the 4.0 I6 Turbo come out of exactly?
Old 05-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
bob^
LPS

There are 2 versions. There is a Barra 240 which is out of an XR6 turbo, and there is the 270 which is out of the Typhoon. The later being done by FPV (Ford's performance devision)
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

240kw was XR6 Turbo, 270kw was F6 typhoon/F6 Tornado or Force6
oops too slow

FTG auto salvage would be the ticket, they have shipped engines o/s before, yes they're the mob in the banner above
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
Steffo
LPG > You

Barra240T and Barra245T = XR6 Turbo engines.
F6 270 = F6 Typhoon engine.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
blue lightening

This other mob might be able to help. Aussie car recyclers in Brisbane coz thats were i got my turbo engine from. http://www.aussiecarrecyclers.com see if that helps...
blue lightening is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #9
KooK
Starter Motor

Ohhhhh typhoon, gotcha. There's not a whole lot of info on this engine where I am but from what I can find it's one of the meanest I6s out there. Anybody have a link to any write-ups about the potential of this engine so I can actually see what it's made of. If it's everything I'm hearing, I'd love to use one for a project. Thanks for all the help thus far guys!

Glad I registered, I've got a client with an LS1 GTO who wants an HSV conversion done and some of these links are probably going to save my ***.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
bob^
LPS

Head over to www.fordxr6turbo.com to see what people have managed to do with these motors.
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

try process west
http://www.processwest.com.au/pw_product_fordxr6.htm
also aps - they do heaps of stuff for turbo falcons
http://www.airpowersystems.com/falcon/xr6turbo.htm

Last edited by Ghiadude; 06-01-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
shanegh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KooK
Ohhhhh typhoon, gotcha. There's not a whole lot of info on this engine where I am but from what I can find it's one of the meanest I6s out there. Anybody have a link to any write-ups about the potential of this engine so I can actually see what it's made of. If it's everything I'm hearing, I'd love to use one for a project. Thanks for all the help thus far guys!

Glad I registered, I've got a client with an LS1 GTO who wants an HSV conversion done and some of these links are probably going to save my ***.
have a look at these posts will give you some idea of the potential of the bara

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11200840

also have a look at http://www.kpmauto.com/
shanegh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post