Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
au adam

Default Ute spring Q

Hi all i have an AU2 tray back and when it gets a bit of weight on it falls on its .What is an easy fix for this?Can i fit some BA one tonne springs to fix the problem?Any advice would be great.Adam.

au adam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it a factory trayback as they are 1 tonne rated or have you done a swap to the ar$e end?

How much weight do you put in it?

My XR8 will take almost half tonne and still not drag its ar$e even though it has been lowered 3 inches...

BA 1 tonne springs will fit no probs, they would be virtually the same as AU 1 tonne springs.

Check the springs, something must be wrong there, or you are overloading it.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
au adam

I dont think im overloading it,im gardener so its only grass and branches.Id say that yes it a factory tray back but not sure.How can i check if it has one tonne springs?My dad has a RTV and he has no problems.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:56 PM   #4
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The leaf spring pack would have atleast 6 leafs.
If it was a tray it would be a 1 tonne vehicle, have a looksee at the data plate in the engine bay.

Maybe they have been changed, it shouldnt sag like that with bugger all weight.

Time for new springs maybe, the BA 1 tonne springs are the same.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:10 PM   #5
au adam

Thanks for that,its ded gas ute too and it looks like there would be a bit of mod to sort out the gas fill position.My mate has the exact same model but duel fuel si i will check the plates with him.I know his is a genuine tray back.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Tray back came standard with 3/4 tonne springs. 1-tonne was an option.

The 1-tonne springs have 4 standard looking leafs in it ... and 3 packer leafs under it ... they are the short little ones (OzJavelin posted pics ages ago). So should be 7 leaves overall.

Also dedicated LPG utes were 40-50mm higher than petrol models from factory for tank clearance as well.

Oh ... I have had a close look at BA 1-tonne springs ... and they don't use packer springs ... but they do have 7 leaves in them ... but they progress in length all the way through though. There was also an factory option for an extra leaf to be installed as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #7
au adam

Thankyou,mine has the & leavesm4 long and 3 packer,my dads RTV is the same but only has 1 packer spring.Very confusing
Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
yift
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Countless sensible, accurate mechanical advice on all things Falcon and Territory. 

go to repco and by spring helpers they are cheap and they work!
yift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:54 PM   #9
au adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
Thankyou for that,i will look into it tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:09 AM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yift
I have heard bag things about these ... over time they eventually snap ... not good when loaded up.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post