Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #1
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Default Stupid, does anyone think about petrol prices before going full throttle lol.

Just wondering who cares about fuel prices these days? I have an xr8 ute and open up to wide open throttle probably 5 times on my way to work (7km) and more on way home (7km), the funny thing is that on the way home there is always some hoon in a 4cyl trying to race me for a lane not that they get anywhere :, just wanted to know who holds them self back because of fuel prices, i know when i fill up fuel 98ron i always seem to say they same thing (ill take it easy now) and usually open full throttle by the time i get home lol.

NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #2
loxxr6
XB in parts...

As much as I hate the fuel prices I still give my car a caning every now and then. It must be done.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #3
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
As much as I hate the fuel prices I still give my car a caning every now and then. It must be done.
Lol , you took the words right out of my mouth !

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Meh. The way is see it is that I am paying money to do something I love, so if I have to put 70 odd dollars worth of fuel in the sucker a week, then I really don't mind.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #5
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

I drive mine like its stolen............every day.

Even on straight LPG........ she sucks @30 litres per 100Klm so it still hurts the hip pocket.........But I just can't help myself..........she sings so beautifully at 5500 RPM in every gear.

High petrol prices are here to stay for ever, so its a suzuki mighty boy or just skimp from somewhere else to pay for your performance car's bad drinking habits.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #6
Falcon Freak
Banned

I get free petrol so I don't have to worry about giving my V8 stick. :

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #7
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
I get free petrol so I don't have to worry about giving my V8 stick. :

FF
I hate you........ :

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neishaxr8
Just wondering who cares about fuel prices these days? I have an xr8 ute and open up to wide open throttle probably 5 times on my way to work (7km) and more on way home (7km), the funny thing is that on the way home there is always some hoon in a 4cyl trying to race me for a lane not that they get anywhere :, just wanted to know who holds them self back because of fuel prices, i know when i fill up fuel 98ron i always seem to say they same thing (ill take it easy now) and usually open full throttle by the time i get home lol.
lol. Yes - very much. I changed my driving habits from being a lead foot, to being light foot, and now even more sore since I'll soon have the little one in the back...

But still, you shouldn't have to give full throttle just to beat a 4cyl... you can still conserve fuel while giving him a thrashing.... just holding it in second from 1500rpm to 5000rpm is my favourite.... but that still uses a bit....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #9
f4ir-mont
Smokin ya all the way....

as some of you have mentioned, the high prices are here to stay, and if you spending money, its at least on something you love doing, or at least thats the way i look at it..hehe

AU Fairmont

D3V1L I6
f4ir-mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #10
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
agreed!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would agree with most here, it depends on how you look at it. Do you look up and see the stars or down into the mud ?

My hairdresser tonight was on about how he dreaded filling the car up ra ra, and he commented you must feel the same way.

my reply was slow but went like, no i see it different, when the chimes go of to refuel, i think how lucky i was to enjoy the ride and the pure pleasure of an 8 in full song, and re fuelling was simply like buying another ticket to ride it all again.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
my reply was slow but went like, no i see it different, when the chimes go of to refuel, i think how lucky i was to enjoy the ride and the pure pleasure of an 8 in full song, and re fuelling was simply like buying another ticket to ride it all again.
haha awesome....
thats signature material....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #13
I6corp
Was V6corp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP
I drive mine like its stolen............every day.

Even on straight LPG........ she sucks @30 litres per 100Klm so it still hurts the hip pocket.........But I just can't help myself..........she sings so beautifully at 5500 RPM in every gear.

High petrol prices are here to stay for ever, so its a suzuki mighty boy or just skimp from somewhere else to pay for your performance car's bad drinking habits.

GEEZUS CHRIST! :gren: 30L per 100km on LPG.???
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:11 PM   #14
Scott

Take it easy?? No way. My fuel economy might change by 1L/100km over the life of a tank if I flog it, that equates to about 3.5 litres more per tank. For the $5, I'll enjoy the b i t c h !
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:36 PM   #15
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Driven Stolen = 19L/100
Conservative = 15.5L/100

Ie, difference is bugger all and its fun, so ill keep doin it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:43 PM   #16
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Seeing I blew the crap out of the auto and the price of fuel I now imagine hot coals on the accelerator.Fuel economy is expected to be astronomical.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #17
eXi7w0unD

if im first at a red light. i will always, ALWAYS put my petal to the metal untill im say 10k over the speed limit.

but to counter this i always have my car in nutral when ever i can, for some reason my car loves to roll, doesnt stop not even on a straight road.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #18
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Seeing I blew the crap out of the auto and the price of fuel I now imagine hot coals on the accelerator.Fuel economy is expected to be astronomical.

Hee hee ... it's not just the fuel you have to think of really ... other things that break can be much more costly ... and not many people think about it.

I used the ute accordingly for the work I need ... or the fun I want ... but I don't want to kill the transmission ... or the diff .... and I go through brakes quite a bit due to work ... and it all adds up.

Driving a little more conservatively allows me to save money ... and keep my car on the road for much longer with less down time.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 AM   #19
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I see myself driving conservitively now, before I used to have a little fun but now I don't really care if that ricer next to me get's to the next corner before me, as long as I get there, I don't really care, after beeing in 3 rear end colllision's off late, I'd rather him in front off me than behind me, ****ed off because I bet him at a set off light's. I enjoy driving my XR so I don't care what other's think.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #20
MRJUCY
Fordless

The trip computer in my TE is frustrating as you have it written right there in front of you how much extra fuel I'm using flogging it but hey it's worth the money I can live of generic brand baked beans.
MRJUCY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #21
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

welp, today BP across the road is selling unleaded at 156.9.....thats 2 cents cheaper than diesel

i feel sorry for the Premium unleaded people paying 161.9

so i do my best to make the fuel last 2 weeks, a lot easier now i have a work ute, but by jesus,by jinkum by crikey driving a Bitsrmissin triton is no fun at all.....
Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 PM   #22
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thought about it once I still give both mine a flogging, now I drive the Mrs ute to work, when I jump in mine it asks for it, so I have to oblige

But now I got a little one & when she is in the car, I go easy on it...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #23
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I give mine WOT only maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #24
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im addicted to the pull, so i guess i dont worry how much it costs me.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #25
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I figure if we spent this much money on the car, and we have a car that has a bit of a go, why not use it.

I give mine about 4 or 5 times on the way to and from work, (25kms) each way, but then again its a 6 and I only get maybe 420kms to 450kms per tank.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:25 PM   #26
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkus
I figure if we spent this much money on the car, and we have a car that has a bit of a go, why not use it.
Hell yeah. My sentiments exactly.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #27
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

Default lucky one

Taking my inspiration from many other posts...

I dont drink but i dont have a problem if my ute decides it wants to be a petrol-aholic :

Im fairly luck though, Qld gov subsidises my lead foot a little more than the other states, i pay about 1.30/L for premium as long as my timing is right and i get a 'cheap day'. Gold Coast has it fairly good, not close enough to Brisbane centre and not too far away to get too expensive. Also no need for heating or aircon at this time of year, i just open the window until i get to the main streets then put it up and put the fans on to circulate..ta-da perfect! :

I mean if we wanna complain about petrol price hikes, lets also remember Coles brand small tins of flavoured tuna have gone from 89c to $1.29 in the matter of just over a year.... thats an outrage!!!! where is the government inquiry into that??!?! Or am i the only one who has noticed...
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #28
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
Im fairly luck though, Qld gov subsidises my lead foot a little more than the other states, i pay about 1.30/L for premium as long as my timing is right and i get a 'cheap day'. Gold Coast has it fairly good, not close enough to Brisbane centre and not too far away to get too expensive.
Damn u, im sure i paid $1.48 Per Litle for 98 here in Sydney.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:50 PM   #29
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6corp
GEEZUS CHRIST! :gren: 30L per 100km on LPG.???
No need to insult Christ over petrol consumption!

BTW, He said he guns it to 5500rpm through the gears and it's an 8 probably 351 I expect.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #30
I6corp
Was V6corp

lol sorry. ;)
Planned Engine Mods: ; Extractors; Tickford CAI; Twin Mufflers; Shift Kit; Hi-Stall; Cam; ECU Flash
Bling Mods: Tinted Windows; JVC CD/DVD HU
Planned Bling Mods: TS50 Front; High Series bonnet; Rebel Skirts and Rear Bar; SL Springs; Clear Side Indicators; Rear Spolier; Mags
I6corp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post