Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

Default handbrake mod

hey everyone i was wondering if anyone has relocated their handbrake to the center console on their EA-ED? i would like to see pics or some info on how they did it.. theres no way im going to attempt this mod anytime soon just curious to see if it is possible.. i think it would be really good mod

Old 24-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

Personally, i wouldnt bother for the sake of a hand brake. Too much work involved trying to convert it. Ford have been using the Umbrella style hand brake since the 1960 XK Falcon so it has a bit of history. This is why i wouldnt even attempt to change it.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #3
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

Hey mate,

THIS IS A TASK NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED!!!

It is possible and not as hard as you may think.. i believe the EF/EL went to the console type handbrake.. all you would need to do is get the whole handbrake setup (possibly including the diff) from a later model falcon and retro fit it to your earlier model..

Probably be easier to get a wrecked EF/EL and take wat you need..

I believe there is a member on here that did this..

Oh did i mention it would need to be properly engineer
certified..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Dezza
Parts bin special

Rmyers has fitted a whole EF/EL interior to his EA including the handbrake. I'm pretty sure it took a lot of work to do.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

oh ok .. i didn't realise it would involve a diff change (not that its too hard or anything) thought it would just be a relocation of the cables...
Old 24-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

im pretty sure you dont have to change diffs, but there is some sort of custom bracket you need to make to hold the cable, and you need to drill a hole in your floor for the new cable position
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 02:12 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

entirely different rear brakes.....
diff change isnt 100% necessary, but certainly helps(the housing has little brackets to hold the cables)

you have to add a section of EF floor (where the handbrake handle mounts) as well as drill a hole in the floor (for the cable to pass through)

then you need to come up with something to cover where the old handbrake was in the dash - no real biggy.

not impossible, but not "easy" either
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
jaikai

Get an AU handbrake ratchet, they are bolted down, all the EF/L ones I`ve seen were spot welded in. I spent a few hours at Pinch-a-part working it all out for an XF, removing seats and measuring/making templates and trying to work out if the whole thing`ll fit. I have an entire diff assembly from EF for my wagon with the brake cable, etc, will use an AU console, easier to fit than the EF/L.

JAIKAI
Old 24-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
ebfalcon13.5
grey bumperz

hmmm interesting.... i might think about doing it in about 6 months to a year.. sounds like fun