Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
frd_crzer
:D:D

Default Why Cant Non_paying Members Acsess Ozcruizers Events!!!!

G'day pplz
why cant us non-paying members cant access official cruise page and why do we have to be a PAYING member to access it i think its crap and all people should have the right to access it

Old 04-02-2008, 01:55 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd_crzer
G'day pplz
why cant us non-paying members cant access official cruise page and why do we have to be a PAYING member to access it i think its crap and all people should have the right to access it
Donate $20 and you can get there for free. How can you expect a "right" when you don't contribute to the site?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 04-02-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
webby_191189
low wagooon

We never had to pay for it before. Some people might not be able to throw in a spare $20. Hard enough living off first year apprentice wages so i dont exactly get to throw my money around on things like this

Old 04-02-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
Josh L
Laser Driver?

Stop whining. Just put away $5 a week for four weeks and then get a membership.

... and before you say anything... I can't see it either, I haven't gone for my membership yet.

It is the price of a club becoming official. Most official club's membership's start at minimum $65.

Josh.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is an action that was always going to happen. It was one of the points that the focus group raised and one that as a club was wanted. It is the OzECruisers meets section and therefore for the benefit of OzECruiser members.

Should $20 be too much you can join as an associate for as little as $10.

I do realise that most of us tight on the cash front but I also believe this is a very minimal amount to be able to be a member of a club that gives its members just that little bit more.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #6
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby_191189
We never had to pay for it before. Some people might not be able to throw in a spare $20. Hard enough living off first year apprentice wages so i dont exactly get to throw my money around on things like this
seriously? im a 2nd year with a loan, board, food, smoker and drinker and i survive and am a member?

thats all
Old 04-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Donate $20 and you can get there for free. How can you expect a "right" when you don't contribute to the site?
I have spent many years contributing, still no access..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
This is an action that was always going to happen. It was one of the points that the focus group raised and one that as a club was wanted.
Was it?

To be honest out all the changes, I didn't expect this!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 04-02-2008, 09:36 AM   #8
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe everyone is forgetting that we are a club and this is our club area on this particular site.

There has been a relatively long transition phase and in that time we have used a focus group, a diverse group of all ages, sexes and locations, to gain ideas of the needs and wants as a club. This was one of the requested things.

There will be more changes as we go & I personally believe it will be to the benefit of both the members and newbies alike.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

Just an observation and the same question was asked to the QLD FPV and XR Owners Club.

How do you expect new members to join when they can't see and feel welcome ot come along to your club runs. Wouldn't you want to promote your "club" in its best manner and encourage partcipation rather then "requiring" a $20 donation.

What does the $20 donation pay for anyway, the club doesn't appear to have any overheads and if it is a donation, then surely it is optional otherwiser it is a subscription and therefore should receive something in return more then access to a free website provided by this site anyway?
Old 04-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #10
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for your input EviLkarL.

Part of our constitution is to encourage people to join the club and the new format of the forums will in fact encourage this. There is an entire overhaul of this section in the process and I remind everyone we are at present only in infancy as far as the club is concerned and with that babysteps are being taken.

As far as the matter of what is received for the costs of memberships I invite all to read This Thread, where it is explained that there will be a membership pack that is to be decided upon once the committee is elected.

The voting for our club committee is almost over and should be revealed in the next few days.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

Cheers for the prompt reply MotherNature. There is no hard feelings in what I am saying, only trying to make the point that membership comes from welcomed prospective people looking at joining a club and encouraged to partcipate.

Just have to look at the success of the recent All Ford Club of QLD's Mt Mee cruise as they openingly welcomed anyone to attend in addition to inviting clubs. From this run I am sure they will get members wanting to join.

But it is only my honest opinion and mentioned because I care about seeing clubs like yours succeed and prosper.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #12
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No hard feelings taken EvilkarL

There will be open events that will be publicly viewable and invitations would be given to other clubs. Days like the one you have mentioned will be an event that we will encourage as often as practical in all states. A member drive if you will.

We are all for making the membership as large as possible and believe that the membership having paid for the privilege are due a few things that are their own and with that there should be some private affairs, some even subsidised due to the membership dues. Mixed events are a huge part of our basic structure as well and we will be encouraging a healthy competitive nature in some of the proposed events.

Please stay tuned everyone
Old 04-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #13
LOW_XR
460hp + manual = fun

i agree with evilkarl in that there wont be new members joining and going on cruises.the wholes meets section of this club will get worse and worse as you will get about 6 or 7 cars turning up to a meet.then the whole section will just die out.and people wont pay $20 to be a member when they can go to a club such as boosted or vic fords for free membership.
BA XR6 turbo, blood orange, 6 speed , mal wood option 3+ clutch, fg gt style 19's , xr8 bonnet, no spoiler , de-badged , sunroof , leather , premo, fpv wheel, plazmaman 1100hp cooler, plazmaman hot + cold side piping and intake, x force exhaust, 460 rwhp and more....
Old 04-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #14
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They could do that indeed LOW_XR, in fact a few financial members are members of more than just this club including the ones you mention.

We are envisaging that there will be more than just mini meets run by this club & this will include events that will be open to all members of AFF. These will be openly viewable in the public forums in the form of an open invite.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:34 PM   #15
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviLkarL
Just have to look at the success of the recent All Ford Club of QLD's Mt Mee cruise as they openingly welcomed anyone to attend in addition to inviting clubs. From this run I am sure they will get members wanting to join.
Actually I think you'll find it was originally an XFalcon.com cruise and they invited everyone else to join.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #16
MADED-6
MADED.6

i was wondering y i couldnt see it.
i mean fair enough its gone official but we didnt get asked if we wanted to make it official so y should we have to pay.
i think its crap to be honest ive been on this site for about 3 years now and all of a sudden bang i cant go on a cruise.
and yeah i find it hard as well 3rd year wages living away from home big loan and bills and crap i cant just throw $20 in to pay for a membership.
and is it a lifetime membership or just a year?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:52 PM   #17
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Cheers for the prompt reply MotherNature. There is no hard feelings in what I am saying, only trying to make the point that membership comes from welcomed prospective people looking at joining a club and encouraged to partcipate.

But it is only my honest opinion and mentioned because I care about seeing clubs like yours succeed and prosper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_Axe
Actually I think you'll find it was originally an XFalcon.com cruise and they invited everyone else to join.
It was in fact the XFALCON.COM (Kenny beat me to posting this correction lol) that invited all other clubs/groups. We opened the doors with them and SCFC to have joint events and also with a few other QLD clubs (GT club invited us).
This helps to promote each group and if someone wishes to join then they can. We did happen to pick up a few interested parties within that event but we always offer to anyone interested to come along first before paying.

Clubs (well most) usually charge a fee to be a member...
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM   #18
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

man this club has really turned to s h i t hasnt it, no wonder all the main guys are jumping over to & boosted falcon, its much more welcoming over there, why pay all that money to be in a club just to go on a cruise, people arnt going to pay for something which they have no idea about and how good the cruises are, thats when it finally has one, not counting GOR cruise, that idea obviously developed from the previous club
Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #19
Kenster

To mean to be harass but the whole "this is a club thing" has gone abit overboard, and Yes i agree with people who prefer the event selection to open to the public, a cruise make no difference whether is public or private. Im happy been a member who dont have to pay a membership its a enough I have to deal with raise of petrol price on a weekly basic. Only way i would understand on my point of view is that this club is for a rare type of cars or exclusive value involved not charging for basic stuff and possible still a coin for the map.

sorry to be rude but that what i feel in toward this club ever since this started
Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 PM   #20
EviLkarL
Ausfactor.com

Sorry guys, didn't mean to open a can of worms here, but people have the right to voice an opinion. To let you know where i'm coming from, I organised and help organise a few All Ford Days back when they were both free and at the Aussie Wool shed here in Brissy. I also organise the All ford Super Cruise back in the 90's and both myself and Bernie would have gone on with the organising if there wasn't the push to charge people for the privledge.

Myself and Bernie argued for the side of keeping them completely free before they changes over to Kedron. Why because these things shouldn't cost money in my opinion.

Same with clubs, I beleive you have the ability to fundraise for whatever means you need the money but to think you need to charge an entry to be in the club is just old hat, especially when no money appears required at this stage.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #21
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Clubs (well most) usually charge a fee to be a member...
CAMS-Affiliated car clubs do charge a fee yes. Is oEc CAMS-affiliated?

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 05-02-2008, 12:01 AM   #22
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
CAMS-Affiliated car clubs do charge a fee yes. Is oEc CAMS-affiliated?
We are in infancy at this stage but this is something I am looking into.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:16 AM   #23
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Just my 2c...

I dont see the point of paying money for being able to say "oh, im a member of OzEcruisers" when, if i can attend a cruise (being from shepp) once a year.
But if people are, for example, cruising here for an AFF skidpan day or springnats i cannot meet up with them, because i didnt pay for the right to.
If i did pay, then there is the added cost to show my membership in the form of a sticker.

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 05-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #24
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADED-6
i was wondering y i couldnt see it.
i mean fair enough its gone official but we didnt get asked if we wanted to make it official so y should we have to pay.
i think its crap to be honest ive been on this site for about 3 years now and all of a sudden bang i cant go on a cruise.
and yeah i find it hard as well 3rd year wages living away from home big loan and bills and crap i cant just throw $20 in to pay for a membership.
and is it a lifetime membership or just a year?

The $20 is an annual fee that will cover many things not just cruises. There was and still is a sticky thread asking for opinions on what everyone wanted as a club. We are now implementing some of these requests.

I must say that most who have a problem with this are thinking that this club is only about cruises. There is nothing further from the truth.

In the constitution it states our objectives are thus

Quote:
2. OBJECT
2.1 The object of the club is to actively promote and encourage the modification, maintenance and legal use of all vehicles.
2.1 (i) The club wishes to foster an environment where ALL members feel at home,regardless as to whether they own a stock or modified vehicle, irrespective of how long they have owned the vehicle, and where one can discuss the constituent vehicles without fear of denunciation or hostility.
At OzECruisers our mission is simple—to provide a club of like minded people that can enjoy social gatherings and motor sport in a safe and family friendly environment.
Everyone from the novice to the seasoned veteran will find the atmosphere friendly and the events to be exciting and invigorating.
2.2 The club is a non-profit organisation.
The intention of the club is to encourage all motorsports and development of our vehicles including but not limited to cruises.

Quote:
Sorry guys, didn't mean to open a can of worms here, but people have the right to voice an opinion. To let you know where i'm coming from, I organised and help organise a few All Ford Days back when they were both free and at the Aussie Wool shed here in Brissy. I also organise the All ford Super Cruise back in the 90's and both myself and Bernie would have gone on with the organising if there wasn't the push to charge people for the privledge.

Myself and Bernie argued for the side of keeping them completely free before they changes over to Kedron. Why because these things shouldn't cost money in my opinion.

Same with clubs, I beleive you have the ability to fundraise for whatever means you need the money but to think you need to charge an entry to be in the club is just old hat, especially when no money appears required at this stage
EviLkarL, No need to be sorry, everyone is entitled to an opinion and we do encourage it within the site T&C.

When the focus group was running in the formative part of this club the matter of fees were raised and I will publicly admit I was at first one not to want the fees. Once explained to me that the running costs of the club eg: website (not these forums but our own website), insurances for events, incorporation fees and also initial merchandising needed to be covered. We also plan to subsidise our members in motor sport activities including things like skid pan days & drags.

So whilst a lot think that this is just a cruise club, it is not. To those who think there are no costs involved in running a proper incorporated club, there are.

If you want just a cruise club I know of many out there. It is envisaged that we will be so much more than that.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

How can people claim they have been involved here for years, this club isn't even 6 months old yet. The old club here was deleted and this is a whole new section so to speak.
And people who say they can't afford $20 on 2nd and 3rd year apprentice wages is crap, I've only been working part time and lately not at all and I can still give up $20 for membership, and trust me I'm not made of money.

From what I have gathered there will be an open events/meets section available in the near future, then there is the events/meets section for paid members. People just need to be patient and wait for the club to get everything organized. Like MN said this whole area will be undertaking a complete overhaul. People can't expect a new club to be all up and running in a day, just sit back and let it happen.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #26
Phoneboy

dudes, its $20 get over it............

Old 05-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #27
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherNature
The $20 is an annual fee that will cover many things not just cruises.
What else is included with the $20. I would like to know where my money was going if i was to pay it. And if the club isnt part of CAMS Affiliated yet why are you asking for money now?? Why not when it actually happens??

How do you expect to get new members, or people that have been on AFF for a while, to pay $20 to attend cruises when they dont know what OzECruisers cruises will be like??

Also clubs such as OTHERS have FREE membership and FREE cruises. Along with having ALL of the knowledge from the old E-Series club that was here on AFF.

The E-Series section of AFF isnt growing anywhere near the rate of OTHER CLUBS and it will stay that way if people here dont wise up.

Now i know you'll probably delete some or all of this for talking up OTHER CLUBS but i'm just giving my opinion. Their technical knowledge, cruises, mini-meets and the web site in general are just superior to OEC.

Last edited by EA2BA; 05-02-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #28
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
Also clubs such as OTHERS have FREE membership and FREE cruises. Along with having ALL of the knowledge from the old E-Series club that was here on AFF.
Hahahahahaha knowledge........ yeah right!

$20 is nothing. Cheaper than removing a yellow sticker.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......

Last edited by EA2BA; 05-02-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #29
sven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Hahahahahaha knowledge........ yeah right!

$20 is nothing. Cheaper than removing a yellow sticker.
knowledge yes, when it comes to e-series technical info OTHERS is the place to be.

didnt think people on AFF liked people talking about getting little yellow stickers on your car...

Last edited by EA2BA; 05-02-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #30
JJR8
Banned

thats what happens when old people run the show.
things change.

everyone claims this is all new blah blah blah, if it was a fresh start then all the 'E-Series Owners Club' posts would have been moved elsewhere.

The simple fact is, things change, like it or not the focus group has ideas that are going forward.
you don't have to be a member here, and if you want to, hand over the $20 and enjoy.
I'm sure there are plenty of other places you can go to get your e-series fix.
Closed Thread