Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Default Koenigsegg One:1 Will Be A Ludicrous 1,400 Horsepower Man Eater

Quote:

Koenigseggs are not for children. They're for hairy chested adults (men or women, doesn't matter, just need hair on the old chest) who don't get terrified easily. The new One:1 will make a lumberjack out of anyone.

Set to debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month, the One:1 is named for its power to weight ratio. It'll have 1,400 horsepower and weigh 1,400 kilograms. One to one.

Get it?

The teaser that Koenigsegg released today show a car that looks much like the Agera, but with a wing that you could eat Thanksgiving dinner off of. It's gigantic. There are also rumors that Koenigsegg will remove the 258 MPH speed limiter that was on the old car in favor of trying to beat the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport's top speed. With a top speed that could go past 280 MPH in theory, this might be the ultra terrifying way to do it.1

Godspeed Koenigsegg. Godspeed.
Good god....how....awesome

Old 08-02-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Koenigsegg One:1 Will Be A Ludicrous 1,400 Horsepower Man Eater

Its predecessor nearly killed the STIG. ( no rear wing for downforce )
I luv this brand of car.
The swiss are nuts.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
I luv this brand of car.
+1. koenigsegg are awesome. the in gear acceleration of the agera is mind blowing. can only imagine what this one:1 would be like.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
I luv this brand of car.
The swiss are nuts.
Swedish.

Insane car is insane. I want one.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
MercuryT
Banned

Yeah, agree it an awesome car and buy any day over the Ferrari/Lambo etc varieties if I had the coin.....

Still, unless bought just for track work (yet a track special will beat it for far less $$) or to show off at the lights and drive to 110ks, it becomes all a bit useless really! Fantastic no doubt regardless!
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I luv this brand of car.
The swiss are nuts.
+1 this is all
Old 08-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

I reckon there would be a pretty awesome electronic aid setup in that beast.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah baby.....

Last edited by mik; 31-08-2014 at 12:26 AM.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 08-02-2014, 09:04 PM   #9
Jaxon

Best engineering no compromise car maker out there! Their innovation is amazing, watch their videos on YouTube. This car needs to be driven with traction control on, I'll see if I can find a video of a test driver giving it a hard time @ + 300kmh.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 AM   #10
dragons90

Incredible what goes into them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=504I_...L8D1ae0Cv-sfFQ
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Ahh yes mmmmmmmm... Thats just awsome. Not sure if i COULD take it home, wouldnt get up the curb to my driveway! LOL!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #12
EF ECTIV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Koenigsegg are pretty much the ultimate... would be insane in the One; love the concept and the name/meaning... One powerball as they say... would own one in a flash

1998 EL XR8 S2, Oxford, Manual, tickford kit
Project

2013 G6ET

Stock daily

2022 Patrol TiL
Stock daily
EF ECTIV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #13
GT2

I had a loan of a black CCR for a weekend back in 2006. Took it out nightclubbing in Kings Cross in the evening. Quick drive down to Wollongong on Sunday morning then drove a friend to his wedding.
Cool car & a great weekend.
GT2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM   #14
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
The Hennessey Venom GT just hit 270 MPH on a runway. The Koenigsegg One:1 thinks that's cute. And that's because it should be able to hit 280 MPH. Oh, and it can go around corners like mad. Welcome to the new king. This is our behind the scenes look at the world's new mega car.

(Full Disclosure: Part of the invitation to visit Koenigsegg's factory included witnessing the final part of the build process of the One:1, their newest challenger to be the fastest car in the world. Christian gave us full access to the car and his staff to learn all about the creation of this beast. And none of this would be possible without GF Williams, who stayed an extra two days at the factory to get more photos of the car as the Koenigsegg team hustled to get it out the door to the Geneva show. The man is a photo genius.)4

Koenigsegg's current offerings, the Agera R and Agera S, are not what you'd call tame, boring, cars. They make upwards of 1,000 horsepower and are light weight. In other words, they are a handful. But a few years ago, Christian heard rumors of what was coming from Porsche, Ferrari, and McLaren. He wanted to be prepared with something that could take them on.

He went overboard. The One:1 is one of the most obscene and amazing supercars that will ever exist. This is our exclusive look at everything you need to know.
The Engine

The Koenigsegg One:1 Is Sweden's 280 MPH Carbon Fiber Hypercar56ExpandThe One:1 has 1,360 horsepower at 7,500 RPM (8,250 redline) and 1,000 NM (737 lb ft) of torque from 3,000 until 7,500 RPM from a revised version of Koenigsegg's 5.0 liter turbocharged V8. That's nuts. Christian says they like to call the One:1 the world's first "mega car." Not because it doesn't fit a class, but because 1,360 horsepower equals one megawatt. It could make more power with more boost, but they wanted to achieve a balance that equaled more drivability and response. Christians goal was an engine that came on full song around 2,500 RPM, a higher boost turbo would have delayed that until 4,000 RPM. The torque curve on the One:1 is simply amazing. It isn't totally flat, but it's as close as makes no difference.

That was unacceptable. It also uses a new variable geometry turbocharger with something you don't hear everyday: The internals are 3D printed. That helped them achieve the shape they wanted as well as kept the weight down.

In addition to the internals of the turbocharger, 3D printing is used on the exhaust tip. In fact, this exhaust tip is the largest piece of 3D printed titanium every built. And it takes three whole days to produce. That would be amazingly inefficient for a mass produced car, but it actually works in favor of a bespoke maker like Koenigsegg. Instead of dealing with costly suppliers that are too complex to get just six pieces from, 3D printing lets them control their workflow.

The Monocoque

While it looks exactly like the monocoque that is in the Agera, the One:1 uses an entirely new weave of carbon fiber that could be up to 40 percent lighter than the weave used in the Agera. In fact, this new generation of carbon fiber is the same that you see on new F1 cars. It's amazing how little everything weighs.

The Aerodynamics

Here's where Koenigsegg is entering uncharted waters. For the first time, the small company out of Angelholm is using active aerodynamics. And, like Koenigsegg is wont to do, it's nothing like the active aero you've seen elsewhere.

On the underside of the front end, cut outs are added to the carbon fiber to weaken it. Then there are hydraulic actuators which are actually used to bend the carbon fiber and direct the air through the body and out through the hood. It is one trick set up. When the car is in top speed mode, the flaps are closed to reduce downforce and make it as slippery as possible.

You might also notice the obscene front splitter and flicks to help produce downforce. The One:1 maintains a lift system to help get over speed bumps, and Christian is adamant that since it has such short overhangs, the clearance isn't impacted.13

Along the side, all the panels have been sculpted to help direct airflow. In the doors, the flow to the engine has been improved 40 percent, and they were already gulping down massive doses of oxygen.

Out back is the world's first top mounted movable wing on a road car. The inspiration is taken from Le Mans racers and the goal is to increase the efficiency of the underside of the wing.

Under braking, instead of stalling the wing and removing downforce, the wing folds to increase downforce to the rear which then also increases the ability of the rear brakes. It's a win/win/win.

This is also Koenigsegg's first ever car with a fixed roof. Well, what I mean is that it's bolted in and has a scoop over it, but it can be removed with a little work.

The Weight Savings

Here's where Koenigsegg went batshit nuts. Everything is carbon fiber. I mean everything. The seats, the wheels, the body, the monocoque safety cell, even the sun visors are carbon fiber, which Christian says saved them about 100 grams each. The point is, that might not sound like much, but every little bit counts here.

That's how the One:1 weighs 1,360 kilograms. And that's not dry weight. It's with a half tank of gas and all other fluids full. An amazing achievement.

Here's a great example: When I saw the car, it was running conventional springs in the suspension. But then Christian showed us something: A mold for carbon fiber springs that they had just gotten. The plan is to use those to lose another 3 kg off the weight. We're talking a fanatical, Colin Chapman level of dedication to weight loss.19
The Tech

Koenigsegg has equipped the One:1 with an active suspension with variable ride height. There is a paddle shift seven speed transmission that is ludicrously fast. But the part that amazed me the most was the way this car is being developed for tracks.

See, the One:1 was designed based on customer requests for an insane track car that could also be run on the road. Koenigsegg is doing this by having the suspension, GPS, and a cell phone app all work together. This is a connected car, but in a very different way from a Google car.

See, Koenigsegg will be traveling with the development car to a number of race tracks and setting it up to conquer them. But how they'll be doing it precisely is with GPS. In order to have an optimal setup for each corner, engineers will adjust the car for sections of a track which they will then log into the GPS. When the car reaches those coordinates again, it'll automatically adjust. One:1 also uses the cell phone as kind of a data logger. So instead of staring at a G-meter on track and crashing, it logs the data and sends it to the One:1 app on your phone. That way you have everything after your run.2122

Clever.

The One:1 will debut in the flesh on March 3rd at the Geneva Motor Show. Just six cars (plus the development prototype) will be built, and all are sold. The price difference to the Agera is about a 30 percent delta, which makes this one of the most expensive cars in the world.23

Before I went to see Koenigsegg myself, I was a skeptic. I thought of them as a kit car company that wouldn't really be able to build something that competes with the big guys. I was more wrong than I've ever been. This is a real automaker, and if the One:1 is as powerful and fast as they say, then it'll also be one of the most disruptive the hyper competitive super car market has ever seen.

Bravo Koenigsegg, I can't wait to see what else is up your Swedish sleeves.

http://jalopnik.com/the-koenigsegg-o...r-h-1532088783

http://thesupercarkids.com/all-offic...oenigsegg-one1
Old 01-03-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2 View Post
I had a loan of a black CCR for a weekend back in 2006. Took it out nightclubbing in Kings Cross in the evening. Quick drive down to Wollongong on Sunday morning then drove a friend to his wedding.
Cool car & a great weekend.
We all hate you.

That would have been awesome. There's just "something" about the brand. As Hammond has said on Top Gear...they've got that "poster on a teenagers wall aura" about them, like people used to do with the original Countach and Ferrari Testarossas.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #16
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome for sure.........now lets see the proof
Let's see the damn video already
'Bout time they cracked 300mph and stop farting around
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

How can you print Titanium?

I thought 3d printers only did plastics.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #18
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
How can you print Titanium?

I thought 3d printers only did plastics.
nope, a range of materials including metals.
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...-manufacturing

http://www.shapeways.com/materials/steel
Old 01-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #19
Jaxon

http://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0
Old 02-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #20
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Any idea where I can take one for a test drive? See what happens when you twin turbocharge a 5.0 V8? Ford? Are you paying attention? I'd love to see how this thing compares to the Huayra on the Top Gear track. We can predict Jeremy is going to call it the "One Colon One."

Last edited by chevypower; 02-03-2014 at 07:41 AM.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #21
Jaxon

Just arrived at the Geneva Auto show.
http://youtu.be/WP2qU2rubX0
Look forward to the full reveal.
Old 18-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #22
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Kilowatts are for the boys. This baby has a megawatt of power!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 18-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #23
Jaxon

Here you go
http://youtu.be/Dw6cs7opvzA
http://youtu.be/OMLnmvLYTVw
http://youtu.be/jOoS6FBoQZM
http://youtu.be/Dw6cs7opvzA
Old 18-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #24
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to say i do not like the rear exahust outlets they're not shaped enough to the rear bumper. Oh well who cares its a Koniggsegg!!!!!!!!
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #25
Jaxon

It's not the best looking car, for me that title goes to Lamborghini. This Is The Best Car! Big statement I know, but it's what this car represents. You know they are going to top this again with there pneumatic valve cylinder head.
Old 18-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #26
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
It's not the best looking car, for me that title goes to Lamborghini. This Is The Best Car! Big statement I know, but it's what this car represents. You know they are going to top this again with there pneumatic valve cylinder head.
Yes if you watch the you tube mega factories clips Konigsegg actaully show you the new pneumatic valve setup.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #27
XBGTFGGTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower View Post
Any idea where I can take one for a test drive? See what happens when you twin turbocharge a 5.0 V8? Ford? Are you paying attention? I'd love to see how this thing compares to the Huayra on the Top Gear track. We can predict Jeremy is going to call it the "One Colon One."
The engines are Ford based anyway.

XA GT Manual
XBGT Manual
XC GXL
1982 XE S-Pac V8
2011 F6 Velvet
2011 GT Manual Black/Gold
2020 GT500KR
FG-X Sprint
F150 Shelby
XBGTFGGTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #28
austyphoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBGTFGGTP View Post
The engines are Ford based anyway.
Don't think they are. They used to be based off a Ford V8 but I believe since the Agera the engines are now completely built in-house.
austyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #29
dragons90

I wonder if there's any similarity still.
dragons90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #30
GTP 170

Too bad there's only going to be 6 of them...
GTP 170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post