Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #1
Valknutr

Default Maybe be leaving E-series group

Argh im so fed up with my car :jab:
just took it to get a diagnostic run on it, its been playing up and chewing through fuel like no tomorrow stalls everytime you apply brakes and just being a right royal *****, and the guy cant find whats wrong so gave me another guy to call, so as a i was driving it out of the place it starts to spluter really bad and black smoke pours out of it, that stops so we take off home but everytime we apply brakes it would go from 3000rpm straight down to 0 no matter what i tried. Then when i pull up out the front of my house it stalls, so i start it up then it starts to smoke (grey this time) so i get out kick the stupid thing and walk off.
So i think i may be looking for a more reliable car or motorbike unless its cheaper to get it fixed.
Thanks for letting me rant :

: MAP sensor is the problem, mechanic said so, but his scanner thing couldnt pick up anything cause the cars been worked so much _2: hopefully this next guy can tell me what it is. I know it depends on whats rooted and whats not but whats a rough cost for this type of stuff?

Last edited by Valknutr; 08-08-2005 at 02:38 PM. Reason: more info
Valknutr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #2
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a MAP sensor problem to me.

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

I sold the perfectly good MAP sensor in my EA for $10 when I decided to throw in an EL one for no reason. With Falcons, the expensive part is usually diagnosing faults rather than fixing them.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
TuMor
its not a!

Your too right trouty....
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #5
CruizinEB
Banned

Oh dont leve!
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #6
Valknutr

i have to weigh up my options when i get a quote back. Will it be cheaper and easier to get a new loan pay out the old one and buy a new car, or keep this one and fix it
Old 08-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #7
CruizinEB
Banned

Sell the one you have now and get a new one
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #8
TuMor
its not a!

New car = New problems
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
Valknutr

depending what the olds say and when my dad gets his new work car (mmmm free EVERYTHING) i might sell the old girl and buy a E-Series XR#
always wanted a ef-el XR8
Old 08-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #10
Stav
Smile

I reckon you may have a rooted fuel pressure regulator.Or your return lines to your fuel tank from the regualtor are blocked.Is it hard to change the regulator on tha car? I cant imagine it being too expensive or hard.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #11
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
depending what the olds say and when my dad gets his new work car (mmmm free EVERYTHING) i might sell the old girl and buy a E-Series XR#
I know exactly how you feel... we were at the exact stage a few weeks ago that you are at now. We've now done so much more to the EA and now the trans is stuffing up as well as the power steering box leaking. You get to the stage where you wonder if it's worth it.

But we made the decision to keep her and fix her. If you buy another car you'd better go brand new with a damn good warranty cos otherwise you'll just end up with things to fix. An EL XR8 might be all good, but I would hazard a guess that an 8 is usually a bit more expensive to fix and it's not all that young anyway...

So you'll buy another car with issues too. That's where we decided we've done so much already, might as well keep going cos whatever other car we buy, we will inherit the problems the other person didn't want to fix.

Think long and hard mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #12
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I reckon you may have a rooted fuel pressure regulator.Or your return lines to your fuel tank from the regualtor are blocked.Is it hard to change the regulator on tha car? I cant imagine it being too expensive or hard.
How would that make the car stall? The car would run fairly normally, just rich as hell and lean out towards normal as the revs picked up.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 08:55 PM   #13
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
can i just make a small suggestion.
please dont get uptight at this but if you cannot afford the upkeep of an EA then you will not be able to afford to fix an EF/L XR when something goes wrong.....
not only that, but the insurance is going to kill you if small-ish problems on an EA are hard to fix $$ wise
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #14
tommo74
zx TT

Go on the ...leave!...when the tuff gets going...just leave...seems to be the thing to do these days,although i have a tranny problem i cant fix(cos No experts know whats wrong lol)
Geez i ran into trouble!...christ ill sell the car!buy a new one....You make me sick!
ok i am drinking right now(when arent i?) but u can surley see my pov?
when the going gets tuff u back out?not me HELL no!
Thats the whole point of this e-series chat...the trials ,the tributes,come ON!
Saying youre gonna give up on an "e" in my books is just lame...sorry but plain jane "lame"
And if noone agrees to this one ,then all of u go out and buy a "vn" k?
tommo74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 AM   #15
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo74
Go on the ...leave!...when the tuff gets going...just leave...seems to be the thing to do these days,although i have a tranny problem i cant fix(cos No experts know whats wrong lol)
Geez i ran into trouble!...christ ill sell the car!buy a new one....You make me sick!
ok i am drinking right now(when arent i?) but u can surley see my pov?
when the going gets tuff u back out?not me HELL no!
Thats the whole point of this e-series chat...the trials ,the tributes,come ON!
Saying youre gonna give up on an "e" in my books is just lame...sorry but plain jane "lame"
And if noone agrees to this one ,then all of u go out and buy a "vn" k?
You were drinking? REALLY? I wouldn't have guessed mate, you just sounded so... well... COHERENT... : :evil3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:16 AM   #16
Stav
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
How would that make the car stall? The car would run fairly normally, just rich as hell and lean out towards normal as the revs picked up.
No it wont run properly at all!! I had installed a regulator from a wrecker which was stuffed and my car would blow black puffs of smoke ,backfire ,fart and splutter until higher speeds were reached.When I slowed down the car would splutter more and then turn off!! This regulator made fuel pressure skyrocket!!

Consequently,I installed a fuel regualtor which had little pressure and the car ran like crap and no high speed was attainable due to fuel starvation.Not guessing here..it actually happened.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:01 PM   #17
Valknutr

I talked to my dad, he (and i cant be bothered going through the process of buying a new car) has convinced me to keep the EB (not EA) and go to town on it.
I was never really gonna leave im just so fed up with it. I drove it 1000kms from melbourne to The gong and nothing screwed up and then 3 months later Boom its raining s#@t
And today my fiancee was driving it DOWN A HILL doing 80kms and it dropped out in FOURTH (4th) gear so im lost for causes but its becoming to dangerous to drive
But this means im gonna get a full custom interior, paintwork but sadly imnot allowed to touch the engine (fiancees rule : )
Old 09-08-2005, 04:57 PM   #18
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
I talked to my dad, he (and i cant be bothered going through the process of buying a new car) has convinced me to keep the EB (not EA) and go to town on it.
I was never really gonna leave im just so fed up with it. I drove it 1000kms from melbourne to The gong and nothing screwed up and then 3 months later Boom its raining s#@t
And today my fiancee was driving it DOWN A HILL doing 80kms and it dropped out in FOURTH (4th) gear so im lost for causes but its becoming to dangerous to drive
But this means im gonna get a full custom interior, paintwork but sadly imnot allowed to touch the engine (fiancees rule : )
: :?! You lose 4th gear and it needs work so you do a paintjob on it?! How is that going to make it drive/run better?!

Honestly........:
Old 09-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #19
Valknutr

no no no,
1st Get all the mechanicals up to spec
2nd get it all straightened out and rust free
3rd get it painted
4th do the interior
5th :thebirds:
Old 09-08-2005, 05:27 PM   #20
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Sounds good matey, keep us posted!
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #21
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
no no no,
1st Get all the mechanicals up to spec
2nd get it all straightened out and rust free
3rd get it painted
4th do the interior
5th :thebirds:
That sounds better.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #22
Key

Quote:
////
////
i had this problem early this year on my EA 4s auto (dropping out of 4th into 3rd at odd rimes when cruising with no load on engine)

someone suggested cleaning all the earth connections around the engine and transmission;
all the leads and brackets on the battery, the battery earth lead ar the engine block end, both ends of the earth strap from the body to transmission under the passenger side, remove clean and spray the multi connectors on the transmission. there's a large round multi pin one and two other smaller ones i seem to remember. and maybe one or two others- i can't remember

I didn't do anything about it until i had a problem with the alternator. it would read low on the volt meter then drop to a reading that suggested it wasn't charging at all, then come back up
when the alternator started playing up the trans problem seemed to happen more often
i got a secondhand alternator from pickapart and removed and cleaned all the earth connections i could find.
the new (secondhand) alternator runs a bit higher on the volt meter.

a mechanic suggested it may have been dropping in and out of limp mode because either the alternator or one of the connections was not allowing the transmission to give correct voltage readings back to the computer?
i don't know which one was the problem but it fixed it. i haven't had the dropping into 3rd problem in over 6 months now and the headlights are brigher as well

i guess you guys know this but it's easier to change the alternator if you unbolt the power steering pump and move it aside
I found that out after doing it the hard way :

key
Key is offline   Reply With Quote