Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 17-01-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default In For a Roady After Majorly Canaried

Aiii guys, 2 weeks ago i was driving along derrimut road in hoppers crossing, after picking up girl friend from work, as i was cruising up to 70kms/h gently(speed limit) a cop siren was heard from the distance, and this Citric Acid BFXR6T flew up from around 200metres away and pulled me over, not bashing cops, but he could of been a bit more polite to me as he was swearing his nuts off thinking i must be a typical a current affair hoon you see on tv, either that or he is a holden supporter n didnt like the pee on h@sv sticker on it...also could be showing off at the lady trainee constable with him, but what attracted him he said, was by the bouncy rear end wen i was driving....yes im actually glad i got done coz i literally had no back shockers, they were roo-hooted bad so i must thank him some what.

Anyway...

She got a major canary on the side of the road for ride height, front seats loose ( ? ) suspension to soft (fair enuff) seat belts not retracting (had a ford socks on em) and hand brake needs adjusting (he didnt even touch let alone check it) , and front left tyre was bald from camber ..fair enuff, i got done, but anyways just letting you's no we've fixed everything and its in now for a roady and will be there overnight as he will get on it tommorow moarning, i pray nothing major comes of it, but if so, ah well, ill feel more confident onces everythings fine!. i also copped a 177 dollar fine for failing to have a road standard car...LOL

Another thing i didnt approve of, is the way he kept repeating how if i crashed at 200km/h the seat wouldnt hold my girlfriend down and shed go straight through the window.................ummm well ******* DERRRRR, regarldess of any crash, (whos doin 200 anyway?) of course your gonne go flying through the window at 200km/h. show me one incident were someone is held down in there seat when crashing at 200kms...anyway he made her cry, i didnt approve of that, it was dirty he had no right to scare her like that...

anyway thats my rant / story, hope everything goes fine none the less tommorow !

- Grechie

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I've seen that car.. he hunts along Morris Road a lot too.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
snortingboost
XF Ghia. All snorted out

Some cops have bad attitudes and others are just normal people doing their job, sounds like you had the first mentioned. It would be good to receive respect but then again they do deal with plenty of idiots.
snortingboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I've seen that car.. he hunts along Morris Road a lot too.
oh yea, the scary thing is, he said hes from sunshine down here for 4 years, and hes out to get all of "your kind" he reffered me as.

hes got my mates VR with same defects as me on NYE, and a friends skyline for , yes wait for it...a shiney steering wheel. couldnt get him for nothing else and didnt want to look stupid going over whole car n saying yep all good on your way.

i hope he never picks on me again after this road worthy
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 17-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Have you ever been done in the AU Casper?

Are 5000rpm torque converters considered unroadworthy?

Bad luck Grechie, But yeah, most of those things are safety problems anyway. Bad luck you got caught, but glad you got it fixed.

Well done.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortingboost
Some cops have bad attitudes and others are just normal people doing their job, sounds like you had the first mentioned. It would be good to receive respect but then again they do deal with plenty of idiots.

your right, i have had some really nice ones before and ive loved it, so easy to communicate to, some , like this time .. they are so bent on pinning you, that they are in there own world and regardless of me making eye contact and being polite, was still rude ...

live and learn.
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 17-01-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58

Bad luck Grechie, But yeah, most of those things are safety problems anyway. Bad luck you got caught, but glad you got it fixed.

Well done.

thanks man, as i said, i dont hate police, infact if it wasnt for them , id be driving a unsafe car, now i sleep easy at night knowing im going to fix it
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 17-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grechie
oh yea, the scary thing is, he said hes from sunshine down here for 4 years, and hes out to get all of "your kind" he reffered me as.

hes got my mates VR with same defects as me on NYE, and a friends skyline for , yes wait for it...a shiney steering wheel. couldnt get him for nothing else and didnt want to look stupid going over whole car n saying yep all good on your way.

i hope he never picks on me again after this road worthy
Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid him.

Quote:
Nope

Quote:
That would be almost amusing.. if it wasn't completely lame.

Old 17-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #9
Christiaan

Quote:
That would be almost amusing.. if it wasn't completely lame.
Nah I'm serious and interested.. Would it need to be engineered? Or is it all ok changing it to a higher spec?

I'm not being amusing here..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 17-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #10
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
thanks man, as i said, i dont hate police, infact if it wasnt for them , id be driving a unsafe car, now i sleep easy at night knowing im going to fix it

i know it a pain in the buttt

i think that now you have got the canary you can get all the things fixed that most of us normally overlook

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Nah I'm serious and interested.. Would it need to be engineered? Or is it all ok changing it to a higher spec?

I'm not being amusing here..
Its legal. No different to changing diff gears. The transmission is still a BTR box so no engineers certificate is needed.
Of course, if it were actually a 5000rpm stall it wouldn't really matter, it would almost be undrivable anyhow.

Old 17-01-2007, 06:28 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

When i was on my P Plates I met all the BAD COPS then when I got off them I have been meeting all the GOOD COPS..........

They didn't get you for noise as well?

But yeah its kind of a Lucky Dip..............lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #13
Christiaan

Quote:
Its legal. No different to changing diff gears. The transmission is still a BTR box so no engineers certificate is needed.
Of course, if it were actually a 5000rpm stall it wouldn't really matter, it would almost be undrivable anyhow.
Ah, ok, I was thinking that maybe all that extra power off the line, like a turbo conversion, would need to be made legal..

Grechie, What did ya do to the ride height? Chucked stock springs in?
Old 17-01-2007, 06:45 PM   #14
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
When i was on my P Plates I met all the BAD COPS then when I got off them I have been meeting all the GOOD COPS..........

They didn't get you for noise as well?

But yeah its kind of a Lucky Dip..............lol

DR Hemi , nah didnt get me for noise coz i wasnt booting it, otherwise defently
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 17-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #15
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ah, ok, I was thinking that maybe all that extra power off the line, like a turbo conversion, would need to be made legal..

nah we put EBII fairmont ghia wheels on and it raised it, i was on XG stockie 14's all round b4 lol

Shockworks Coilovers
Old 17-01-2007, 07:38 PM   #16
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

isnt your car cammed?

Lucky he didnt notice if so.

The cop sounds like a ****er. He'll get some bad attitude too one day, good to hear u got everything sorted.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #17
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror
isnt your car cammed?

Lucky he didnt notice if so.

The cop sounds like a ****er. He'll get some bad attitude too one day, good to hear u got everything sorted.
yep cars cammed, if i had booted it he would of epa'd me , ah well, he was havin a bad day, being a friday arvo (4pm)
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 17-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #18
efgiar
rofl copter

Quote:

ea-el didnt come from ford with turbo's, however they did come from ford with convertors

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 09:36 PM   #19
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

Ahh a situation I know only too well... Only getting mine back on the road isn't so simple lol

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #20
fmc351
let it burn

If my job entailed flooring an XR turbo Id probably find any excuse to do it too. However that doesnt explain actually wasting time going over your car, thats time I could spend chasing another.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #21
galapogos01
eec tweaker

Why do you all think the cops a ******?

the two things the cop did wrong:
- speed
- made your girlfriend cry

the things you did wrong:
- too low
- bald tyre
- no rear shocks
- seatbelt socks
- attention seeking burnout rims

You were driving an illegally low car on bald tyres... with a body kit and stockies no less. Yes, that sort of thing will get you labelled. Yes, that sort of thing attracts attention. Why are you suprised? If your seat was loose and he was making a valid point, so he should. making someone cry is over the top, but hes trying to stress a roadworthy car is important.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 10:14 PM   #22
gngtho
Banned

reminds me of a time when they tryed to do me for ride hight, but as i quickly pointed out to one of them to tell his fellow officer to stop pushing my car down from the boot.

Yes thats right one of them had his body weight on the boot to make it look lower.

hate it when they try to pin crap on you, and the funny thing was i had just put the munrowes on it.

Any way good luck with yours, hope its ok.
gngtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 10:44 PM   #23
efgiar
rofl copter

his attitude was the problem i think. there was no need for it as most of us dont have a rw car anyway, something is wrong with it and most of us dont have the time or money to do it, fair enough he is doing his job but geez you think he could be not so harsh about it.

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #24
holmsy
Banned

you guys saying you met the bad cops on ya P's and good cops after.
so far since i have been on my P's driving a bright green BA xr6 and never taking off slow. i have never been stopped i have never even had a breatho even when i drove past a booze bus.
in a way it is good the only time iv talked to a cop since my P's was at schoolies when i asked for a breatho to check if i could drive.
holmsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #25
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

I'm surprised no holden supporter has ripped your sticker off :P
oh well at least you'll have a roadworthy car...
I've been pulled up 3 times in the last 4 months, last 2 times had(have?) good attitudes :P
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:22 AM   #26
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by galapogos01
Why do you all think the cops a ******?

the two things the cop did wrong:
- speed
- made your girlfriend cry

the things you did wrong:
- too low
- bald tyre
- no rear shocks
- seatbelt socks
- attention seeking burnout rims

You were driving an illegally low car on bald tyres... with a body kit and stockies no less. Yes, that sort of thing will get you labelled. Yes, that sort of thing attracts attention. Why are you suprised? If your seat was loose and he was making a valid point, so he should. making someone cry is over the top, but hes trying to stress a roadworthy car is important.

fair argument, but ur speaking as if to say i get pulled over regulary..i dont at all, till this blitz. bald tyres ???? illegally low car ? its not THAT low compared to the real low cars...if you read correctly i said it was bald due to camber which wasnt even that bad anyway and it was ONE TYRE (front left) wot can i expect, nowadays low is nothing smaller then a 2 L bottle of coke fitting underneither ya car aye.

The seats? well he got my mates standard vr (imac car) for the same as mine did. they move the same as all seats, but are a tiny bit worn, theres nothin you can do, they cant be fixed, you have to by new ones ... he just grabbbed em and wrenched at them ? why ? they cant be tightened either,...,

Seatbelt socks are illegal ? even though if anything they are pading on your chest.

Rear end being soft is fine though., but i HAD shocks none the less, lets get that straight.

Attention seeking burnout rims ? so my cars all wheel drive is it ? i thought the stocks on the back and rims on the front was attention seeking burnout rims ? as far as hes concerned , i cant afford rims or my rims got stolen, i didnt know it was hoonish to have standard wheels (XG's must be hoon cars?)...also i should be able to drive with a body kit all i want, i wasnt breaking the law, clubbys n gts can, why cant i ? but anyway this was a thread to say i wasnt really angry, coz im glad ill be able to sleep proply after its all fixed.

i could find other cars in my area that are 10 times worse then my car.

The officer said for himself hes out to target and stop all you your kind, straight away biased towards p platers...from his own words, thats why hes in werribee, they got him from sunshine to clean up modified cars.

all i can say is dont judge a book by its cover, unless i was doin somethin illegal, then i shouldnt be hassled.

- Grechie
Shockworks Coilovers

Last edited by Grechie; 18-01-2007 at 01:47 AM.
Old 18-01-2007, 01:35 AM   #27
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Are you saying that you did not know your car was unsafe before you were pulled over ?
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:49 AM   #28
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Are you saying that you did not know your car was unsafe before you were pulled over ?

i didnt know that, having ford socks, a mildly low tred on front left tyre ( i mean whos taking corners @ 50+km/h?), and soft suspension in the back was a UNSAFE car, ive driven like that for over 12 months now. but its classified as unsafe, so im labelling it as that. as for the seats, thats a joke, i bet i could go to any e series seat and use all my force n wiggle it a tiny bit and say yep its unsafe so u can say, yes i didnt know it was "unsafe" to his standards b4 that day
Shockworks Coilovers
Old 18-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #29
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i didnt know that, having ford socks, a mildly low tred on front left tyre ( i mean whos taking corners @ 50+km/h?), and soft suspension in the back was a UNSAFE car, ive driven like that for over 12 months now. but its classified as unsafe, so im labelling it as that. as for the seats, thats a joke, i bet i could go to any e series seat and use all my force n wiggle it a tiny bit and say yep its unsafe so u can say, yes i didnt know it was "unsafe" to his standards b4 that day
Well it's good now champ and getting sorted, which is a good thing, so hope your back on the road soon.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #30
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC
Well it's good now champ and getting sorted, which is a good thing, so hope your back on the road soon.

thanx man, upsetting yes, but im over it now, i just cant wait till its "safe" and on the road...
Shockworks Coilovers