Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 15-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
UltraLowEd
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Painting my interior

Hey all
Just wandering if theres any such thing as velour dye?
cause i want to colour my ed fairmont seats black but have no idea what to use

Thankx

UltraLowEd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Talk to EFFalcon I think he dyed something cant remember what he did though?

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #3
malta123

bradens done his whole interor id pm him bradensxr i think
malta123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't do that mate, it'll probably turn out patchy and bogan looking. If you really want them black get them re-trimmed, it's not as expensive as you think.

You've already got a nice interior having an ED Fairmont, why would you want to change it to black!!??
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 03:27 AM   #5
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

I think i saw some black seat covers at K-mart. :P

There is a set of (re-trimmed) black ED ghia seats on the forums and they actually look wrong.
Pretty sure the vinyl paint states it can be used on cloth. If you do end up painting them. use many thin coats and follow proper flash off/touch dry times before re-coating.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by malta123
bradens done his whole interor id pm him bradensxr i think
Correction: BradensEBxr6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphell
Don't do that mate, it'll probably turn out patchy and bogan looking. If you really want them black get them re-trimmed, it's not as expensive as you think.

You've already got a nice interior having an ED Fairmont, why would you want to change it to black!!??
It dosent turn out bogan looking at all, I thought mine came out all right. You can feel the fibres and it feels stiff when you first do it, but give it a few weeks of being sat in and they soften up.. Re-trimming not expensive!!! Bwahahaha what do you call not expensive? I was quoted $1800 for just black cloth, to me thats expensive. My seats cost me about $70 - $80 to dye using VHT Colour Dye.

Old 16-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
get_an_ea_today
Festoon This!!!

Braden your foot pedals are dirty Nice interior how long did it take you to dye your seats?
get_an_ea_today is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #8
-jjM-
Banned

black carpet and parcell shelf next BradensEBxr6, will make a world of difference when they are changed.
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #9
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by get_an_ea_today
Braden your foot pedals are dirty Nice interior how long did it take you to dye your seats?
Yeah so are the kick pannels! The seats were a day job as I had to mask up everything for the two tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jjM-
black carpet and parcell shelf next BradensEBxr6, will make a world of difference when they are changed.
Black carpet is on the list, parcel shelf has already been done.