Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-09-2007, 03:46 PM   #1
Dezaman

Default OMG HELP!, my falcon died

hey guys, sorry to be posting to many threads my next thread was planned to be a build one but things havnt gone so well, ive had the car for 3 days and ive... ahem tested it to see what it can take and what it cant and out of all the things that could go wrong with it it wont start, i mean a crash, expected, brakes dying on me, expected, but the car just wont start at all, i red the forum about the fuel issue and after learning what the dte is i realised that 300 km's is no good for a full tank, i unplugged the battery and pluged it back in, turned the engine on and walla, all working fine, the tde actually said less now so i figure injectors or something like that in the future, i reprogramed the tape player and turned it off a little dissapointed that its gunna cost me a lot to fix the fuel issue, i left for an hour and came back to drive to work, turned the key and absolutely nothing... the starter motor wont crank at all, just silence, its in park i unpluged the battery again and pluged it back in, the inside light still works and the little bloody blinking hand is still flashing at me, i figure that might just be the immobiliser and the fault is with the immobiliser, what do i do????

Dezaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
schuldiner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are you sure the battery is still good? thats usually where you start to look... i wouldn't think the immobilizer would "unprogram" itself but i could be wrong

see my ute here

AU parts for sale
schuldiner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Dezaman

could be the battery, buts its a new battery about 6 months old, and it worked after i plugged it back in, but i accidently let my driver hit both the minus and plus at the same time which caused a spark (when i say accidently i meant delibertely) but my biggest concern is i kicked it a lot, the bushyard way to push panels back into place, and i also reset up the air filter, the hose coming from where the filter is to the engine (about 1/4 of a metre long curved) i saw was torn on one side and i think thats the cause of my petrol problems, but i fiddled with that and surely that wouldnt stop the starter motor from cranking...
Old 15-09-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Dezaman

i just went to do some more testing and almost nothing works, the light inside the car works and the front lights work but the wipers, power windows, tape player and air con dont work, absoulutely nothing, and i know the power windows work when the cars not turned on, as long as the keys are in the ignition, i keep turning the key but im getting no were, im so stuck
Old 15-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezaman
could be the battery, buts its a new battery about 6 months old, and it worked after i plugged it back in, but i accidently let my driver hit both the minus and plus at the same time which caused a spark (when i say accidently i meant delibertely) but my biggest concern is i kicked it a lot, the bushyard way to push panels back into place, and i also reset up the air filter, the hose coming from where the filter is to the engine (about 1/4 of a metre long curved) i saw was torn on one side and i think thats the cause of my petrol problems, but i fiddled with that and surely that wouldnt stop the starter motor from cranking...
you didn't arc the terminals while the battery was connected did you????this would cause major probs.
Old 15-09-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Dezaman

by arc do u mean touched the plus and minus terminals togethor, yeh but im not sure if i did it before or after it stoped working
Old 15-09-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
falzoony
Rockin '67

with the dte the more you drive it the more accurate it gets. For example, when I fill up it say around 500k's till emptythen I get home and it may say between 380-400. sometimes it works the other way around, just depends on how you've been driving.

'67 XR Wagon
falzoony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Quote:
i accidently let my driver hit both the minus and plus at the same time which caused a spark (when i say accidently i meant delibertely) but my biggest concern is i kicked it a lot
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You better start checking fuses champ.
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #10
Dezaman

found the problem, theres a gay little steel switch behind the fuse box, and unless thats switched nothing will start, i fliked it and everything turns on, i turned the engine on and then bam, everything cut off, I MISSED A DAY OF WORK FOR THAT!!!! screw this i gotta speed, theres people who need there internet fixed!
Old 15-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
The Monty
Just slidin'

That or a flat battery.,
I had a not so old battery and it just completely crapped itself. Try cleaning the terminals as well, bit of Emery paper, or a wire brush, and some vaseline.
Old 15-09-2007, 10:03 PM   #12
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
found the problem, theres a gay little steel switch behind the fuse box, and unless thats switched nothing will start, i fliked it and everything turns on, i turned the engine on and then bam, everything cut off, I MISSED A DAY OF WORK FOR THAT!!!! screw this i gotta speed, theres people who need there internet fixed!
dezaman any chance of a pic of this switch??
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Sounds like a faulty manual reset circuit breaker of sorts...
Old 15-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #14
Jokular

Quote:
screw this i gotta speed
By this of course you mean, achieve the speed limit in a safe but timely manner.
Try a new battery or swap with someone you know, check all fuses, try reprogramming your key remote http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ight=reprogram
Get a mobile auto electrician to run error code diagnostic.
Seriously though what in the world made you think arcing out your battery would
be a good idea? Hopefully the terminals were disconnected first or you may have fried your ecu.
In which case get onto your local wrecker and see if they have any spare ecu's
available.
Jokular is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #15
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

Quote:
ive had the car for 3 days and ive... ahem tested it to see what it can take and what it cant and out of all the things that could go wrong with it it wont start, i mean a crash, expected, brakes dying on me, expected, but the car just wont start at all, ............ what do i do????
to start with.....stop pushing your AU beyond its limits! the way you start this thread, it sounds like your a holden owner who has no respect for his equipment. use your car the way it was designed, to get you from A - B in a safe, timley manner with little hassel.
Quote:
i accidently let my driver hit both the minus and plus at the same time which caused a spark (when i say accidently i meant delibertely) but my biggest concern is i kicked it a lot, the bushyard way to push panels back into place, and i also reset up the air filter, the hose coming from where the filter is to the engine (about 1/4 of a metre long curved) i saw was torn on one side and i think thats the cause of my petrol problems,
again, this is just screaming holden owner....who in their right mind arcs out their battery...connected or not! do you have a death wish?!! stop "fiddling" and "testing" everything. if your curious about something you know nothing about, ask a question or do a search on here...for god sack, dont kill the AU, or yourself for that matter
and just for the record...speeding is not a good idea either.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 06:24 AM   #16
The Monty
Just slidin'

I dont think this has anything to do with Holden drivers at all. It is to do with a problem this guy has with his car, and he posted up what he has done, albeit not the smartest things, which has helped people try and help him. Nothing to do with Holden drivers.
Old 16-09-2007, 09:54 AM   #17
blacklabel

Sounds like you have are trying to sort out too many things at once without actually having a starting point Deza.
I would be checking and eliminating what ISN'T causing a problem and then,through a process of elimination moving to the next logical item in the sequence.
For instance: your car won't start or even turn over.
So: Check battery first,battery ok-go to the next link in the chain-
Fuses/leads etc-go to next link in the chain-
Starter motor/solenoid...etc...etc..etc
You can only do so much yourself before you need expert help if it looks like being electrical/electronics related,which is how it seems from your comments.
If your battery is good,and your fuses are fine then get an auto electrician.
Better to pay the ferryman than miss the boat altogether mate!
Especially if you need the car on a daily basis.
Good luck
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2007, 07:01 PM   #18
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
dezaman any chance of a pic of this switch??
A pic would be good. Mine does the same thing on a depressingly regular basis, always a tow-in job to get the computer reset (except the last time when it broke down on a dyno and the workshop showed me a few tricks that let me drive it in LHM to get the computer reset).

I wonder if deza means the fuse panel under the dash or the box of breakers and relays on the inner guard above the RHF wheel? I suspect he has something "custom".
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #19
daz_

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
to start with.....stop pushing your AU beyond its limits! the way you start this thread, it sounds like your a holden owner who has no respect for his equipment. use your car the way it was designed, to get you from A - B in a safe, timley manner with little hassel.
Yeah coz AU's are built ford tough ... ... ...
daz_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 02:27 PM   #20
aye you
The Origional, The Best

ah, the truth is revealed.......
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #21
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sounds like a kill switch to me...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2007, 08:45 PM   #22
BLACKAUXR8
Young !@#$ Head

My AU is pushed to its limits every day!!! when something breaks replaced it with something bigger and better till the next thing breaks!!!

AU3 220 XR8
CUSTOM PEARL PAINT
LOWERED THEN LOWERED EVEN MORE
ADVANTI 20's
K&N
PORTED MANIFOLDS
TWIN 2 1/2 into 3 inch PIPES
244rwhp
NOW WITH T5 5 SPEED
COBRA CLUTCH AND BILLET LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL

SUZUKI GSX-R 750
BLACK 2007 MODEL