Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default HELP! how to remove centre surround

i am trying to figure out how to remove the centre surround from my AUII, i did a search but didnt find much. how do you do it!

edit: never mind, i think the bloody stereo place have riveted the single din cradle to my current surround, so i dont think i can get it out even if i knew how! what a pain!

Last edited by ClassicAU; 06-08-2006 at 03:47 PM.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #2
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Hi mate , if you check out the document i did a while back on the blue led clock mod , i covered removing the cfp in that document / including photos .. have a look here , it might help you out , cheers ..

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55349

oh and there is also this document in the tech section , which has the extra bit needed to fully remove the centre face panel ( describes in this document how to disconect the heater/controls cable ) . http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...warticle&id=37

:eclipsee_

Last edited by XR6-VCT-2000; 06-08-2006 at 04:26 PM.
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks sooo much for that, its exactly what i was after!! thats a great docco! only thing is, that the cradle for my single din head unit has been riveted into the console, so i cant get to the two screws on the 45! i dont know what i am going to do?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

drill or chisel the rivets

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i would but i have no idea how i would get it back into the new one, and i dont have a riveter thing. i might have to have a better look next weekend when i am not hung over! :baby bott
Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

really , i see it as impossible to rivet the radio in ! , once the radio/headuonit is clipped in there is no way to access around the outsides of the radio to rivet it in !, i recon it's prolly just stuck in there hard as most are .As i mentioned eariler, tight fitting allen-keys seem to work best imo for removing the radio ;) . gl . cheers .

ok...edit .. i just realised u have the single din headunit , maybe it is possible then to rivet it, but it would only be possible to riveting it before instlalling the single din coil/crap slot holder , remove the single din coil holder slot first then remove rivets ( if there is any ) then remove then radio .

Old 07-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #7
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i might have to take a photo of what i mean, but by looking at it, they have rivited the cradle that the headunit slots into. i can get the unit itself out, but then there is a rivet that looks to have been filed down, as the cradle actually pivots up and down. i tries sticking a screw driver into the place where the screws are, but just cant get enough angle on it. I was thinking of just going back to the place that put in my HU and getting them to change it for me.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #8
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

ok , i got ya , the cradle that holds the headunit is riveted .. fair enough , try drill the tops of the heads off the rivets / if u can get a drill piece in there without scuffing the cfp. gl .