Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-03-2007, 10:21 PM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Today was fun, but...

Ok so today I quite literally ripped apart a wrecked EF.

Someone had tried to T-Bone a power pole, which as you guys know doesnt work too well, and I scored the wreck from the wreckers. Given that it was a hard front end impact, normal engine extraction techniques don't apply. To cut it short, we used a (highly) powered hacksaw, a chain, and a ute to get the front end off. All that was quite fun, and after the engine was out of that car, we could turn to getting the engine out of mine. While my mates were busy pulling things off my car, I set my efforts on to inspecting the new donk.

After turning it over by hand (breaker bar), I noticed that at one particular spot in the 2 turn cycle air would come OUT of the throttle body. So I took the rocker cover off (and the rocker gear was spotless. I mean spotless. looked like it had done about 2000km since a top end rebuild) and determined that it was number 1 inlet valve playing up. After removing the inlet manifold, I found I could fill the port with WD40 and none leaked in, but under the compression stroke, gas sealing was basically non-existant. No idea why...

So yeah, new donk a No-Go until I figure that one out, which means the BLSTIC-mobile is out of action too.

cya
Ben

Old 24-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh yeah, the upper air-con mount is cracked off the block too... And it was a dual fuel car, so the rev limiter may not have been working... It was also an ex-hoons car.
Old 24-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
air-con mount is cracked off the block to
I've heard/seen that happen on EF/EL's before. A wrecker tried to sell me a motor with the same problem (but had been repaired) for a discounted price. I declined.

Rev limiter won't work on gas. You can rev 'em right off the clock. I've done it in my old EA :S

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post