Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Default Plug gaps?

Hi Guys,

Doing a full service on the car this arvo or tomorrow. Im doing oil/filter, K%N Air Filter and spark plugs (replaced leads recently to fix misfire issue).

The plugs i got are the NGK ZGR6B-11s, which are apparently the better 'standard' plugs without spending a metric fortune. Anyway, what gap are they supposed to have for a VCT Fairlane? I cant find a reliable answer anywhere here, and i havn't got around to getting a manual yet :|

Also, my handbrake desperately needs adjustment (it does not work at all lol). How do i do this on the IRS rear? Anyone done a how-to that i can not find?

Cheers,
Michael

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Plugs:

My workshop manual says gaps should be 1.0-1.1 for I6 0.9 for gas.

For 5.0 8's it says 1.3-1.4.

Spark plug torque is 20nm.

Handbrake:
It's a worm screw that you need to take off the rubber inspection hole to adjust. Some guys do it easily, I actually take off the disc to get a good look at it.

You can of course also try the 10mm nut under the handbrake lever cover. It just slips off.

This may help, but keep searching as many people have made contributions to this issue. Opinions on what to do are many and varied. Have a read and a think and see what you reckon.

All the best with it.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...2&postcount=68

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote