Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-04-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
Fez WQ

Cool Fuel Econ how good can you get $$$$

Hi how many kms to a tank are most people getting , My car is a Manual 06 WQ LX 5 door and I am getting about 670kms to tank at the most and about 550kms for the worst

Fez WQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I dont really count anymore.
But i did notice that i wasnt getting very good economy when i got my exhaust done.
But since ive had the resonator removed and replaced with a proper muffler and the rear muffler replaced with a triflow (to shut it up a bit) ive noticed a big increase in economy. It also makes it easier to drive because theres jsut the right amount of backpressure and its not at all noisey anymore if i dont want it to be.
Once again when i got my intake system done i noticed my economy got better.
Id say probably about the same as your getting if im very careful on the right foot.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I usually get about 450km- 500km from a 35L fill up.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
I usually get about 450km- 500km from a 35L fill up.
Same here...
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

:( i hate small cars.

~450km if im good on the boot... from *cough* 68 Litres *cough*

but mine sounds better...
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 10:27 PM   #6
0xyg3n

around the 650 - 670 mark here.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Id be lucky to get above 450kms to a tank. Mind you i dont drive like a granny nor have my right foot planbted 24/7.
Old 18-04-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
Swaytan
Swaytan

I'm getting about 600-650 to a tank full, and I do heaps of km's for work, so it's all good...
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Mines usually short city sprints, plenty of starting and stopping. Plus i warm my car up ALOT before i drive it.

Example, in the morning. 5 mins warm up. In afternoon after work 5 mins, At night after work 5 mins :P So that probably munches a little bit. not alot though
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 19-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #10
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Mine is only on it's third tank. : The first tank didn't seem to last too long. Does it get better when run in a bit more?
Old 19-04-2006, 03:00 AM   #11
frinik

wtf? ....im only getting 400ish ...
are all these from manuals?
mines auto ..dont laugh, it was cheap...and i drive the balls off it
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I think the Auto drinks alot more than the manual, hence the bad ratio(petrol/kms). Im currently using up all the fuel i got now(car has been dorment for the past 3 months) then gonna chuck in a full tank of fresh fuel and see how it goes.
Old 19-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Auto's Always drink more,

Loads of fun :
Old 23-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #14
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

i have a manuall and getting to 400 is a good effort. I drive around town mostly, 80km and hour tops. Dont always flog it but do rev it out a bit occassionaly, is there something i can do to get better economy, im woried something is wrong now. I have a catback exhaust but didnt think that would change to much.HOw do u get 670km!!!!!never go that even before any mods and my parents drove it like grandmas!!!

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I agree with chown there - how do you get such good economy? I thought my Fiesta was a dud... It was drinking quite alot! With my Fiesta, I was averaging 11-13L/100kms. Mind you I do alot of stop/start driving, especially where I work (speed humps, stop signs, roundabouts, small streets, traffic lights etc)

That was my main reason for getting rid of the Fiesta - It didn't shine economically, especially if you sometimes played in the rev range. In that regard the Clio is using the exact same fuel, yet way more power.

Still economical, but the Fiesta could have been way better. Was quite disappointed in that regard.

In the city - I'd get about 350km to 380km a tank.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #16
Fez WQ

I drive to work every day, almost no lights and its about 210km round trip each day sitting on 80-110km/h. The WQ has DTE (dist to empty) so it makes it easy to get the most out of a tank!!!
I also only used premium Unleaded. By the way BP ultimate is what Ford has printed on the fuel cap of my WQ fez. If you dont beleive the kms I will take a photo
Old 23-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Aaron - Doing that speed I quite understand how you can get that economy!

At that speed, the Clio can do 700-750kms... from a 45L refill.

See, this is what I mean, it all depends on your driving style.

Does the new WQ also state your average speed? If so, please let us know Aaron! I know around town I average about 24km/h... which is very low

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #18
Fez WQ

Nup no average speed . But I tell you my car has no easy life just ask any speed camera!!!!
Old 24-04-2006, 03:46 AM   #19
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im with the Auto's here (: Fuel consumption is ergh but its better than nothing!

I about 80km x3 round trips per week add into that the odd 100km a night from going out 1-2-3 times a week.

But for the Fiesta, when its down to its last two blocks, how much fuel is there and how many km's are there? Whenever, it gets to the last two blocks I get paranoid and fill up (: But lately I'm poor and I want to drive with two blocks left (roughly 40km trip) but I'm scared the car'll be out of petrol on the freeway.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #20
frinik

ive recently driven around 10-12kms with my petrol light on ;) ...
stupid petrol prices ..hehehe
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 01:47 AM   #21
0xyg3n

lol I drove 65k's with my fuel light on the week. I have a round trip of about 120k's at 100km/h similar to aaron with a lot of hard driving. Very rarely do I get anything below 600k's from a tank.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 02:03 AM   #22
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

My fuel light comes on with 80km to go.
Old 25-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #23
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijohn42
My fuel light comes on with 80km to go.
My friend had a Peugeot 206 1.4 Auto, he drove from sydney to wollongong with the fuel light on.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #24
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I'm getting about 450km a tank, but I drive with a little spirit. It's still cheaper than driving my Falcon in the same manner and I get the same distance between fills on a smaller tank.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #25
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Yer i dont get anything near 600 - 670, i dont drive like a led foot, but im not a granny driver, i can understand getting that if your cruzing on the highway, thats easy, but i get roughly 450ish, ive had 530 b4, when i first got it, i run normal unleaded from caltex, i havent got any mods at all on it, but ive calculated if i ran it till it died, id get roughly 600+ bout that mark. i normally fill up when it hits the last little bar. so roughly when the last 5 litres is in the car.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:04 PM   #26
Nappa
Impressive...

my stint in my fiesta demo was short lived as i sold it after 4 weeks. my driving consisted of a lot of stops and starts, crap traffic, quick trips and the once a week 100km highway drive, anyway i averaged about 460-520ks to a tank in an auto and running 91oct, and that was all done when the car was still under 1500kms.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #27
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You really should use 95ron fuel in the fiesta. They are designed for 95ron (they don't have 91ron in euroland).
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #28
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Last fill up 61 lt, 280 KM travelled. Every Km was suburban driving, stop start crap.
Christ that works out to over 21 lt per 100............ @ 1.49 per lt, that's not cheap transport. But it sounds unreal and goes like a goodn !

I have NFI how people are achieving 11 lt per 100 km in their V8............ do they have a seized right ankle / knee joint, or maybe no right foot at all ?????????

Short of shutting down a couple of pots, turning her into a V6, I have at best in the burbs achieved 14.6lt per 100 over a tank of juice.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #29
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
In the city - I'd get about 350km to 380km a tank.
Teki was yours manual or auto?

Fiesta has a 45L tank yeah?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #30
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
You really should use 95ron fuel in the fiesta. They are designed for 95ron (they don't have 91ron in euroland).
yeah your probably right but we all run our fiesta and focus, on 91oct and it hasnt caused any problems at all.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post