Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
pikey
Starter Motor

Smile Spare Keys and Remote(s)

Just wondering if anyone knew the cheapest way to get keys cut with "chip" for immobilizer in it. I rang Southside Ford in brisbane and they wnated to charge $200 for key and the immobilizer to have the code put into it! I thought this was harsh as i have seen it for around $70 at Mister Mint stores for Holden keys! Also they quoted me around $80 for the remote(s) for the doors and boot. Is this correct or is there a cheeper way to get these too. I don't want to spend much at all, but bought the car from a dealer who only had the spare key, so have been rooted by him, and looking for the cheapest option.

Help please!!!

pikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

here's a link for some blank keys, might help get costs down a bit
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-AU-BA-IG...QQcmdZViewItem

and here's a remote
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ED-EF-EL-AU-F...QQcmdZViewItem
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
pikey
Starter Motor

Thank you stockoau, your help has been fantastic on both posts!
pikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

I assume you're talking about an AUII key? Ok then, check in the yellow pages for a good locksmith to cut a key off yours and they should also be able to code it for you. DON"T go to Mister Mint for transponder keys.
The blank keys with transponders in them sometimes come up on ebay as do the remote controls and normally sell for a reasonable price.

Oops, beaten by stockoau...what he said to.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, scrap the last remote link I posted, for AUII and AUII you'd want one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-AU-II-AU...QQcmdZViewItem
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
Jastel
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has much experience with taxis and always jumps on here to explain things simply and help out the new guys in B-series and Contemporary... 

Even if I have 2 keys for a car I get a third cut and code it myself (it tells you how in the manual). My local guy is $50 for a cut key, not programmed
It takes 2 keys to program a third so this way I don't have to go visit Ford and pay $200 when drivers lose keys

I also don't worry about the press button zappers, if they lose them, tough!!

It's cheap insurance
Jastel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 03:03 AM   #7
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockoau
yeah, scrap the last remote link I posted, for AUII and AUII you'd want one of these
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-AU-II-AU...QQcmdZViewItem

Not one of those either. It hasn't got the boot button so it's for a ute and not a sedan, although it is for an AUII or AUIII model.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I went through this process when I bought the SR. I only had one key, so I bought one off ebay for $20, had it cut for $20, and reprogrammed by Ford for $50. It was a pain, but I managed to save $30 as Ford wanted $120 for the lot.

Boy have prices gone up for reprogamming! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #9
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Guys , Go see a local master locksmith. A good one will cut 1 for about 50 -60 bucks.
If you only have 1 key , a good locksmith will cut and program to car for about 110. I know cause im a "good locksmith" Hehe. Just ring a local "Master Locksmith" and ask if they have the equipment to program these keys. For remotes grab them off ebay.
Cheers.

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post