Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #1
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Default Kill Switch in EF

Anyone installed one? Tips? I'd like to do it myself but don't really want any smoke if you get my drift. Cut off fuel? Computer? Spark?

Old 04-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

cut the feed to the interior light fuse, everything is already in the cabin that way. No odd wires under the bonnet, obviously there are a few tricks but posting them in here sort of defeats the purpose of mine doesn't it :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #3
Caviar
98 EL Fairmont

Cut the line to the fuel pump and solder a switch connected to it in the cabin.

Did it in my EL.

I never use the bloody thing :P
Caviar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

or to kill the car, you could try and turn the car off with the key, it could work!!!

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
efgiar
rofl copter

lol... just try and put in climate control like selekta did, hes good at killing cars yeah id say interior light wire, SHOULD be a green/yellow wire, it is also for the smart lock, no power to the smart lock = no start

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good theory... but I like the light coming on when I press the remote to unlock the doors.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:21 AM   #7
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgiar
lol... just try and put in climate control like selekta did, hes good at killing cars
10/10 Josh!

"gold Jerrey Gold"

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-01-2006, 03:47 AM   #8
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

I read this one on another forum.

Something about putting a coil of stripped wire under the cover of the drivers seat, and hooking up a switch to the starter motor wires that divert power down the coil. If the switch is flicked, whatever poor bastard is in the drivers seat when the car tries to start cops a zap up the ***. Not quite sure how realistic that idea is, but if it works I imagine it'd be pretty unpleasant to any would be theif :
Old 07-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Maybe if the theif had a very sweaty ИИИИ, haven't you ever leaned on the battery terminal whilst holding a spanner on a nut on the engine?

Not a nice feeling.

Not nearly as dangerous as AC though.

If you were a bastard you could put a ignition coil under the seat, with a wire coil under the cheek areas and have some metal parts on the steering wheel as the ground.

Now that is nasty.
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #10
jjj

I have just put one in, cost nothing had a 30amp switch and automotive twin cabling at home. I just bypassed the 12v supply from the starter relay and then back into the cab with the switch. on enables 12v to starter relay, off disables starter motor relay and no start.

I also stuck in a relay so if the ignition is turned(forced), when the kill switch is on, then the air horns will start every time the 12 volt from acc. gets triggered. My air horns are hidden out off sight and a bloody loud. twice as loud as standard ford horns...

Just make sure you use good gauge automotive wire if doing fuel pump starter etc...... Thinner wires then standard are not a good idea.

The interior light fuse if killed might disbale your remote door entry ability. so might not be a good idea?

cheers JJJ.................

Last edited by jjj; 07-01-2006 at 04:06 PM.
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #11
efgiar
rofl copter

yeah, at work we put idle hold modules in, what this does is u press a button and turn the key off, and it leaves the car running, but has a brake tapin so wen u put ya foot on the brake or hand brake it turns the car off (ambulances) the next best thing is to grab a test light, put it on a wire from the ignition and just click it over so that the car would start and if the test light turns on and then off wen u turn the key off thats ur starter wire. just cut that, put a switch in between and presto! theres ur kill switch

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #12
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
or to kill the car, you could try and turn the car off with the key, it could work!!!
lol not so he can turn the car off!!

so someone that breaks in cant hotwire it....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post