Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
InitialD
Low and Loud

Red face How to remove a bosskit

Im trying to get the bosskit off my steeringcolumn at the moment.
It seems to be on dead tight and will not move. Its never been off the car before as I got it new.

Any ideas? I dont wanna damage the steeringwheel by bashing it as such.

Also while its off, ive noticed the horn contacts have been rubbing against the bosskit contacts harder then normal causing it to make a rubbing sound and slowly grinding the contact off! Should I just greese them?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you might need a steering wheel puller or just leave the nut on a little bit and rench the crap out of it but once you remove e series steering wheel the tend to bugger up the horn mech and youll be going round a corner and ya horn will start going off and when you straighten it will go away.
RavenLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWGN
you might need a steering wheel puller or just leave the nut on a little bit and rench the crap out of it but once you remove e series steering wheel the tend to bugger up the horn mech and youll be going round a corner and ya horn will start going off and when you straighten it will go away.

Handy at intersections
Old 04-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #4
niko
likes falcon's

lol

tru tru!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
1TUFEA
MONTY is Alive !

my old ghia did this for a long time then i just ripped the horns off the front of the car hehe

1988 Ford Fairmont EA Series 1

MODS: Hurricane Extractors, Red dash light, Fake Xenon Lights, Mpfi Conversion, Dumpage, 17" ANZ Mayhems (Chrome)

TO COME: 5 speed trans, 4.11 LSD, Carputer, Stage 2 cam, Major Head Work . :
1TUFEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #6
eafalcon
Starter Motor

I had the same prob at a wreckers, just would not budge. The guy just sat in the seat and using the palms of his hands just hit the steering wheel on the outside left righr left and voila it was loose no damage.
eafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonEF
Handy at intersections
embarrissing you might say,getin the finger from other drivers not knowing whats going on,and even better the shock you get the first time it happens and trying to work out what the hell is going on! :
RavenLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #8
Walkinshaw
Two > One

undo the central nut, but leave it one 1 or 2 threads, now bash the out of the back of the wheel with your hands. Pull it side to side etc, easy as.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote