Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #1
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Show us your Interior

I thought it might be good for some people to post up pics of what they have done to their interior. Will get others (me included) ideas of what to do.

I am going to fit the blue/black momo wheel but it might look funny with a grey interior and grey air bag.

anyway post some pics of your interior.

Old 17-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

grab a can of black vinyl/plastic primer and paint.....it's easy as pie to do and won't cost you a mint.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #3
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and just spray it on ?
Old 17-10-2006, 10:24 AM   #4
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

basically....
obviously take the air bag out of the car first....
mask it up...clean the surface and then primer 2coats probably and then what ever colour topcoat you want.

much cheaper then buying a black one.
Old 17-10-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
basically....
obviously take the air bag out of the car first....
mask it up...clean the surface and then primer 2coats probably and then what ever colour topcoat you want.

much cheaper then buying a black one.
Any "Special" paint to use.... any idea on the name ?

I might try get some from Supercheap.
Old 17-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #6
EvilChief
Boost Addict

i got all my seats and door skins retrimmed, havent put em back in car yet as i am waiting to put the rollcage in first, i should go and take some pics of that sometime ...
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

yeah just go to bunnings and get some plastic primer... there are only a few kinds...just get one that is approptiate for what you want colour wise. have a read of the cans. you can get matt black primer, but you will probably want a gloss top coat? not sure the top coat is up to what you want...could paint it bright pink if you wanted.
Old 17-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

crazy-au has a blue/black momo fitted with his grey interior, and personally i dont mind it. it doesnt look that much out of place when you get a shifter to match it.
Old 17-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Orbit has new leather seats.

I wanna get the doorcards and centre console lid leather covered ... so far I have the Momo black/grey steering wheel with the black leather Momo auto shifter with chrome button. Have the chrome shifter surround ... have the chrome door handles as well.

I have the leather handbrake and boot with chrome button sitting at home ready to put in the ute ... but I couldn't be bothered pulling the driver's seat out to put the handbrake in.

Also have the BA XLS silver badge from a tailgate .... on my dash on the left hand side next to the air vent.

So next on the cards is the leather door cards with suede arm pad ... and leather console lid.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

My interior.....

Chrome Handles + Shifter Button
MOMO wheel + shifter
Custom Leather seats ( no idea what they are but theyre not Herrod and theyre not Ford)
T-Series door spears
Pursuit250 door trims
Genuine TE50 Instrument Cluster

It's an old photo but you get the idea......
Old 17-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #11
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Looks great bt2f- the little bit I can see of the seat looks like a re-trimmed Ford seat (well the base does anyway) maybe with a bit of rebolstering?

I'm looking at getting my seats modified a little to support a bit better, they aren't that great. Still want them to suit the racing theme from both practicality and visual aspects...... Either that or get a set of fixed leather trimmed buckets- been eyeing off a set of Bride Zeta 3's in leather for a while now

Anyway, here's mine- nothing very exciting except maybe the door pods which a few guys seem to like. Other than that an Eclipse head unit, chrome door handles and gear shifter ring is all that differentiates in from standard XR or base T3........ Have to admit it is still pretty tidy for a daily driven car 4 years old with 140,000km on the clock although she is starting to show her age- you know, only the things that YOU can see, the ones no-one else can!

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 01:54 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Thanks Jim, its not bad but knowing that this car once had Herrod leather in it, Im not sure if it wil ever be good enough :
It's definately a Ford seat and it's definately a ute one, cos it has the lever to flick the seat back forward to reach into the back of the cabin.

Sensational interior in the TE, melikes the look of the door emblems but for $40 each I dont know if I can justify them!
Old 17-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #13
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Soon to be fitted in the ute once it come back from the panel beaters, custom leather (super soft) with navy warwick microsuede inserts,stichted Tickford logo,double blue stitching. Doorcards with navy microsuede and leather grab handles and recovered leather console lid all with double blue stiching, seats are comfy as I've sat on them as soon as I got 'em.
Again a big thanks to forum member STORM for his great work.

Mick

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #14
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Mick .. I'll swap you ... for a clean standard XLS interior ... not a mark on it.
I think that's fair don't you ... hee hee
Just kidding mate.

Nice work on the interior ... well to the guy that did it for you ... will suit your ute nicely mate.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Mick if you still have your Pursuit interior in a few months let me know....
Old 17-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
T3man
Banned

Pic 1 - "standard" TE interior with first mod, black velour centre console lid and door armrests.

Pic 2 - pedal covers

Pic 3 - full TS dash fitted plus seat covers in black velour/charcoal cloth and charcoal cloth door trim inserts to match. Red/orange backlighting on head unit to match CC display. Plain black Momo gear knob and XR steering wheel (I'll get a plain black Momo T-Series style wheel one day)

That's about it for the interior ... nothing flash, just plain and functional ... Oh, and BLACK ... just as all real sports sedans should be
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 05:16 PM   #17
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

T3man, I'm just curious as to why you got rid of the leather? I'm about to go the other way; Fairmont velour to XR leather
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
FUSIONXM

Default Au3xr8ute

this is mine bought new seats FPV GT and the inserts same color as the exterior

Custom painted cover around stereo and vents and piece above airbag in Titianium

alpine touch screen

matchin spears Tickford & XR8 Logo embroidered on the headrests, Chrome T series Interior door handles, BA scuff plate with XR logo,s,
FUSIONXM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 06:51 PM   #19
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
T3man, I'm just curious as to why you got rid of the leather? I'm about to go the other way; Fairmont velour to XR leather
The leather seats are still there - under the custom covers. It's because I like to go to track days (and even my daily driving is on twisty roads) and the leather doesn't hold me very well.
Old 17-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #20
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
My interior.....

Chrome Handles + Shifter Button
MOMO wheel + shifter
Custom Leather seats ( no idea what they are but theyre not Herrod and theyre not Ford)
T-Series door spears
Pursuit250 door trims
Genuine TE50 Instrument Cluster

It's an old photo but you get the idea......
Veeerry nice!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 07:38 PM   #21
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Pic 1 - "standard" TE interior with first mod, black velour centre console lid and door armrests.

Pic 2 - pedal covers

Pic 3 - full TS dash fitted plus seat covers in black velour/charcoal cloth and charcoal cloth door trim inserts to match. Red/orange backlighting on head unit to match CC display. Plain black Momo gear knob and XR steering wheel (I'll get a plain black Momo T-Series style wheel one day)

That's about it for the interior ... nothing flash, just plain and functional ... Oh, and BLACK ... just as all real sports sedans should be
How difficult was it to make the switch from the XR Style dash in the Te to the Fairmont Style of the TS?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #22
T3man
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
How difficult was it to make the switch from the XR Style dash in the Te to the Fairmont Style of the TS?
I was lucky to pick up a complete dash from a fellow forum member at the right price. It had virtually everything intact so I only had to but a few small bits and pieces. It was one day to pull out the old one and a day to fit in the new. All the wiring was very straight forward - looms are the same. Apart from the heater box it's just the BEM that is different and the dash came with it's original one still in place. Also you have to use the TS instrument panel or some functions on the TE panel don't work.
Old 17-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #23
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU3XR8UTE
this is mine bought new seats FPV GT and the inserts same color as the exterior

Custom painted cover around stereo and vents and piece above airbag in Titianium

alpine touch screen

matchin spears Tickford & XR8 Logo embroidered on the headrests, Chrome T series Interior door handles, BA scuff plate with XR logo,s,
I cant see pics but from the sounds of it its a nice interior! Can anybody else see pics?
Old 17-10-2006, 10:05 PM   #24
JeffAU1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I cant see pics but from the sounds of it its a nice interior! Can anybody else see pics?
nope no pics :(
Old 18-10-2006, 01:02 AM   #25
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Anyway, here's mine- nothing very exciting except maybe the door pods which a few guys seem to like. Other than that an Eclipse head unit, chrome door handles and gear shifter ring is all that differentiates in from standard XR or base T3........ Have to admit it is still pretty tidy for a daily driven car 4 years old with 140,000km on the clock although she is starting to show her age- you know, only the things that YOU can see, the ones no-one else can!
Ok, how/where did you get that insert that makes the H/U sit flush?
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #26
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
Ok, how/where did you get that insert that makes the H/U sit flush?
hahaha it's frustrating isn't it?! I made it out of MDF and I'm in the process of making another one now but one that could be replicated.

I'm an ex-cabinet maker by trade so this stuff is pretty easy but the one I'm doing now has the bottom panel fold-down to reveal a switch panel for some launch control, remote subwoofer gain control and future "modification" functions

I was hoping to have it knocked off in the next couple of weeks to a show standard and could offer to make up a few for some of you here, given it's impossible to find ANYTHING that looks any good. The one shown in the photo is a failry average one I made a long time ago which is in place while I work on the good one. Being it's not my fulltime job anymore and with the other commitments I (and we all) have ATM I just haven't had the time to finish it.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 02:52 AM   #27
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Average or not (as you Put it) it looks a million times better then mine. Id be up for one for sure, if you find time.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 05:21 AM   #28
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
I was lucky to pick up a complete dash from a fellow forum member at the right price. It had virtually everything intact so I only had to but a few small bits and pieces. It was one day to pull out the old one and a day to fit in the new. All the wiring was very straight forward - looms are the same. Apart from the heater box it's just the BEM that is different and the dash came with it's original one still in place. Also you have to use the TS instrument panel or some functions on the TE panel don't work.
Ok excelent. That looks great. I would love to do that myself
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #29
FUSIONXM

Quote:
sorry mate havin probs posting will try soon i hope

Last edited by FUSIONXM; 19-10-2006 at 04:13 PM.
FUSIONXM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 05:50 PM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU3XR8UTE
sorry mate havin probs posting will try soon i hope
Worked that time. Looks great! Did you fit the GT seats? I reckon it would be a PITA to do as the rails are different.