Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Default Lukey Growl Sounds

This is great for those (like myself) trying to get a grip on what kinda noise you'll have with a 2.5" exhaust installed...

Lukey Growl Sounds

Just Click on "Enter touch sound" under Start!
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
AdzT3-146
own the road

Yeah they're not bad. had a bit of fun with that before i got mine done, now i just go start her up :eclipsee_ . good idea too.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
AUII_Forte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool!! How sweet does the AU 5ltr sound!!

Don't get me started on the Excel and 3.8L commos though.

Pacemaker 4490 Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
High Flow Cat
SS Inductions "Growler" CAI
Underdrive Pulley
Mal Wood H/D Clutch
Custom Tune
18" XHP Sabre's
12" Kicker Sub
169.2 rwkw
AUII_Forte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2005, 10:32 PM   #4
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ef_classic
Yeah they're not bad. had a bit of fun with that before i got mine done, now i just go start her up :eclipsee_ . good idea too.
Lol, hopefully soon enough for me too :P

Yeah I personally love the Commo 5L with headers (track 3). Now THAT's a V8 roar!!!

I was thinking of getting a mini-meet together, with at least 1 redback and 1 lukey system. Then I could make a better choice :P And with others who wanted to come, could all have a cruise. But that's just me talking, hehehe.
'XA Muscle'

Old 05-03-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
galapogos01
eec tweaker

if you had of come monday night, you would have been able to hear a few.. or you could come this monday. see the mini meet thread.
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 10:15 AM   #6
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Machine
I was thinking of getting a mini-meet together, with at least 1 redback and 1 lukey system. Then I could make a better choice :P And with others who wanted to come, could all have a cruise. But that's just me talking, hehehe.
The problem with this theory is that EVERY car will sound different. There are so many other factors that can effect it. Engine wear, induction type, EF/EL vs EA/ED manifold, extractor brand, cam specs, head work (and model), auto/manual, even the type and cleanliness of the air filter can have a HUGE effect on the sound the car makes.

I've had Lukey extractors with both a Lukey muffler and a Redback muffler, and let me tell you, the difference is negligable. If really trying hard to pick it, the Redback (being a bigger muffler) was slightly deeper and a bit less harsh, but i'd defy 99.9% of people to pick the difference unless they were specifically listening for it.
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #7
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Ok, thanks for that Thanatos.

Yeah, that's so true. Every car would be different in it's own way. I just don't want to sound like a rice machine!

So maybe the redback might be better if it's less harsh. But what do you mean by harsh. If it's an almost V8 ever so slight crackle then I'd rather have harsh ;) but if you mean bad droning vibration or something, I don't want that.

I've heard the Lukey is slightly cheaper I think (haven't checked it out), but the Redback is Australian, so I've gotta help an aussie battler

I'll have to come to a mini-meet galapogas!
'XA Muscle'

Old 05-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Matt you wont get much crackle in a EF 4 litre, I dont get all that much in mine (Apart from when 2 leads decided to fail).
I think you do in the older engines due to them bein a little less Refined (as my XG would crackle like a slut if i held it in gear, but not so much the EF)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 02:25 PM   #9
AdzT3-146
own the road

you wont sound like a rice machine matt.
If you can't decide between the two i highly recommend going down to hallam performance. they done mine and i couldn't be happier with the sound.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #10
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Yeah I know it's a bit of a far cry Danny with a 4Lt crackling :P but a guy at work has extractors and a redback straight thru and his has got a slight burble on idle which is fantastic.

Could it have been the Downpipe tip he had?

Thanks for that Adam, I'll check out hallam performance ASAP! :
'XA Muscle'

Last edited by Interceptor'85; 05-03-2005 at 07:10 PM.