Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Samsung S6 v Iphone 6 plus

Have a Samsung S6 that I enjoy using for calls & texting, however daughter has offered FOC Iphone s6 plus.

Now I want to start getting savvy, getting internet on phone, the problem with Samsung is it wont coonect to car bluetooth and I hate the whole Itunes arrangement.

So if I could find a way to load tunes onto Samsung some other way and get bluetooth worked out there would be no iscussion.....but your thoughts please.
Old 29-01-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Samsung S6 v Iphone 6 plus

Oh boy, you've opened a can of worms.

I'm an Apple bloke, they're not perfect but what they do they do better than anyone else. If I can ask, why do you hate iTunes?

Are you connecting to in car Bluetooth or a clip in Bluetooth? My mum in law couldn't connect her S6 to the car Bluetooth so I disconnected the battery, and after reconnecting it the phone paired.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2017, 10:47 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

re the bluetooth Ive already got a early Iphone, but with age and eyesight I need something with a bigger screen. This early one works fine but the Samsung wont connect,....maybe cause there is already one on bluetooth, its a Bury kit.

I just detest Apple and the way (it appears) everything has to connect to another Apple product. any company that tries forcing my decisions is open to verbal abuse from me,

I did try oading the early iphone with itunes but didnt work....maybe it was me
Old 29-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
re the bluetooth Ive already got a early Iphone, but with age and eyesight I need something with a bigger screen. This early one works fine but the Samsung wont connect,....maybe cause there is already one on bluetooth, its a Bury kit.

I just detest Apple and the way (it appears) everything has to connect to another Apple product. any company that tries forcing my decisions is open to verbal abuse from me,

I did try oading the early iphone with itunes but didnt work....maybe it was me
The Dragon Lady has a Samsung and I have a Motorola moto x. Both connect to the cars bluetooth fine.............but not at the same time!
Old 30-01-2017, 12:21 AM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The i phone 6 whether it performs well or not , does seem to get an awful big share of problems on the forums , do a search on it , i wouldnt pay money for one , but if i was given one id probably give it a run ,
an i phone 7 or 7 plus from what i have seen seem to be the best of the apple phones yet .
i wouldnt throw away your galaxy S6 ;) .
Edit : both my galaxy notes have no trouble with bluetooth , maybe its a compatibility problem ? sorry mate cant help you on that front ,
just had a quick look , dunno if this page is any help for your itunes ?

Last edited by mik; 30-01-2017 at 12:33 AM.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2017, 12:53 AM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry forgot the link .....
http://www.androidcentral.com/how-br...sung-galaxy-s6
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #7
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

The Galaxy S6 is no better than the glitchy i6. They were both a big fail. The S6 is no longer available where the S5 can still be bought new. either go find an S5 or go to the S7. As for bluetooth, it seems every manufacturer seems to make their software iphone compatible but not android so connectivity can be a bit tricky sometimes. I went from an S5 to S7 and both connect ok to every device I've ever tried to connect to although some devices need to be connected manually every time. I drive a Camry taxi every weekend and sometimes it'll connect automatically and sometimes I'll have to go through the connect process step by step for some reason yet the owners iPhone connects automatically every time.
Get used to it, all the manufacturers and retailers will favor Iphone every time for some reason. Walk into Kmart and go look at the phone accessory isle, iphone stuff everywhere but bugger all samsung or android phone accessories to be found. Same at our local Cheap as Chips dollar store and all the supermarkets, iphone crap everywhere and no Samsung stuff beyond a generic micro USB charger cable usually.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:15 AM   #8
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bushbasher, I'am swinging more to the Samsung, partly cause I enjoy rattling friends and family and their constant harping on about Iphones.

I might contact you later about getting this working on the car.
Currently moving house, selling a business that is being moved to Adelaide so life is rather chaotic at present.
Old 01-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #9
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

No problems Tonz, I'm not hard to find. Give me a yell when the time comes.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 01-02-2017, 03:23 PM   #10
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
The Galaxy S6 is no better than the glitchy i6. They were both a big fail. The S6 is no longer available where the S5 can still be bought new. either go find an S5 or go to the S7. As for bluetooth, it seems every manufacturer seems to make their software iphone compatible but not android so connectivity can be a bit tricky sometimes. I went from an S5 to S7 and both connect ok to every device I've ever tried to connect to although some devices need to be connected manually every time. I drive a Camry taxi every weekend and sometimes it'll connect automatically and sometimes I'll have to go through the connect process step by step for some reason yet the owners iPhone connects automatically every time.
Get used to it, all the manufacturers and retailers will favor Iphone every time for some reason. Walk into Kmart and go look at the phone accessory isle, iphone stuff everywhere but bugger all samsung or android phone accessories to be found. Same at our local Cheap as Chips dollar store and all the supermarkets, iphone crap everywhere and no Samsung stuff beyond a generic micro USB charger cable usually.
Throwing my 20 cents in, I just bought a new S5 in black today for $350 outright (from Officeworks). I just updated its OS to Android 6.0.1 and it runs nicely (it had 4.4.2).

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2017, 08:03 PM   #11
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Good value Trump, is it the older 4G or the updated 4GX version? If it's the 4GX that's damn good value for an outright, unlocked S5 with warranty. WINNER!!

MINE- AUII Forte

Old 01-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #12
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
Throwing my 20 cents in, I just bought a new S5 in black today for $350 outright (from Officeworks). I just updated its OS to Android 6.0.1 and it runs nicely (it had 4.4.2).
Set up the remote function to work with all your av stuff and ac around the house and set them to their respective rooms on the s5. It will change your life.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #13
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
Good value Trump, is it the older 4G or the updated 4GX version? If it's the 4GX that's damn good value for an outright, unlocked S5 with warranty. WINNER!!
How can one tell if it's the 4GX version?

Old 01-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #14
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
How can one tell if it's the 4GX version?
On the back of my 2 year old s5 on the cover it says 4g. I'm assuming it would say 4gx if that were the case.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #15
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is the problem that you can't take calls via bluetooth, or just that you want to stream your music via bluetooth?

I'd make sure that what you want actually works with the iphone before changing anything.

If you can install google Music on an iphone, you should be able to stream through that too. I do that in my gf's car.

I think the best solution is to plug in an SD card or USB stick, but unfortunately not possible in all cars. Like my current one. :(
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #16
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
On the back of my 2 year old s5 on the cover it says 4g. I'm assuming it would say 4gx if that were the case.
According to this article in wikipedia, the SM-G900I is LTE-A enabled:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S5

Old 02-02-2017, 07:12 PM   #17
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Yes they are, all 4GX enabled now but I got my S5 not long after they were released and it was only 4G not 4GX They went to 4GX about 12months after first release.

MINE- AUII Forte