Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 01-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #1
Obriza
Banned

Default XE auto on EF?

Hey guys a mate of mine offered me an auto out of his old mans XE, its a C9 with 2500 hi stall and stage 2 shift kit, was out of a straight 6.
I was just wondering what would it take to get it to fit into my EF?
cheers
Daniel

Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

If it was a C4, I'm pretty sure there are kits out there to hook them up, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing out there for C9.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
old_mate
Smash the Boost

i thought a C4/C6/C9/c10 same same

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

EABAturbo or whatever his name is (Mikes Dyno Tuning, the dude with the crazy 10 sec EA) has a C9. PM him?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 11:53 PM   #5
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah the c4 and c9's are the same i think but c10 is different.
has a different body i think but im not 100%.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
i thought a C4/C6/C9/c10 same same
Bonus if that's the case then!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

C6's came from factory behind 351 clevo's and 385 series big blocks... definatly not interchangeable with I6's (Or even windsors IIRC)

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
old_mate
Smash the Boost

anything is interchangeable

if a 'glide can sit behind a ford I6, anything can

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #9
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_mate
anything is interchangeable

if a 'glide can sit behind a ford I6, anything can
yep, bellhousing/input shaft + custom tailshafts.

anything will fit with the right work.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
yep, bellhousing/input shaft + custom tailshafts.

anything will fit with the right work.
+ you will need a coustom torque converter as the XE wont fit in side a Delow coustom belhousing, nor bolt up to a eseries flywheel. The Torque Power coustom bellhouing will only bolt up to a C10.

C4/C9 same same. C10 same inside as a C4 but the casing is slightly diffrent. C6 = big block country!
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Why would you want to put a 3 speed auto into an EF? Would just be cheaper to get a histall fitted to yours, with all the work you'd have to do to get it to fit, plus the extra fuel costs due to the inefficient gearing (unless you also change your diff centre to suit the 3 speed - you'd have to go back to 2.7 gears or something like that, IIRC)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #12
Obriza
Banned

I normally wouldn't take this because oif all the problems and stuff but my mate only wants $300 for it so yeh i was thinking if i can get it done reasonably cheap... Maybe $1000 or something. Anyone know what i would be up for roughly? Also it was customised to fit an XE i6 so would that eliminate any other mods i might need done?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

Gunns is on the money.. Bellhousing from Dellow fits a C9 to the 4 litre,from memory in the 4-$500 dollar range. Converter should be able to me modified to suit easy enough by a good converter place.
If your EF is auto tailshaft will fit straight in,you'll just need to fiddle with the shifter .I've done several BA to C4 coversions but use the torque power bell on a C10 type case.
Other issue is if your car is currently auto the engine management uses signals from the transmission so you will need to do something to fix that.In BA's that is done with a flash tune. If your car is manual that is ok.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
Obriza
Banned

Nah it is auto :S so would this be very costly still? if itll be under $1000 ill do it but yeh over that i dunno
Old 03-07-2007, 03:24 PM   #15
Mr_4.0
What Wheelspin?

i'll have a look back a few streetmachine fords mags. there was an add for a company that does COMPLETE kits for this exact swap.

2003 BA Xr6 Turbo (Atomic Long, DTM auto, Nizpro stage2 kit, eaton truetrac, E85, HeadsexTuned)
Mr_4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 PM   #16
Obriza
Banned

called around a few auto places today and foudn transtyle in hallam have an off the shelf adapter plate for it for just over $400. According to them i can get it to pretty much fit straight in with one. so itll only cost around $1200 all up...
$400 for transmission
$400 adapter plate
$200-300 labour
and around $100 for major service
Old 05-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
balizticbobo

What does the adapter plate adapt exactly?
The C4-9 to your existing BTR bellhousing?
I've been told that a C10 will still bolt up to a C4-9 bellhousing provided you use longer oil pump case bolts.
Why would the converter need modifying?
A flexplate off a crossflow will bolt up to an E series motor.
Or you could get a custom flex plate made up.
Another option would be to grab a Windsor 157(?) tooth flexplate, with a neutral balance, and file out one of the bolt holes.
balizticbobo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2007, 07:02 PM   #18
Obriza
Banned

so nobody thinks its really worth it doing this conversion?
Old 20-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Personally, I don't think so. Overdrive makes the car soooo much more pleasant to cruise around with.

If you're anticipating a whole lot more power out of you supercharged setup, then maybe it is worth it as these trans are cheaper and easier to strenthen than our 4 speeds are.