Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
paul_r_d

Default loan and used car question..

I have scenario

There is a used car I am interested in at a car yard.

I have to apply for a personal loan for it, but are yet to do it.

Can I tell the car yard to hold the car while I apply for the loan and wait until it is approved? I have been told I might have to leave a deposit, but what if I am not approved for the loan? Do I get the deposit back?

Not sure on this one.

The missus
2003 Rav4 4 door Cruiser
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:44 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r_d
I have scenario

There is a used car I am interested in at a car yard.

I have to apply for a personal loan for it, but are yet to do it.

Can I tell the car yard to hold the car while I apply for the loan and wait until it is approved? I have been told I might have to leave a deposit, but what if I am not approved for the loan? Do I get the deposit back?

Not sure on this one.
Make the purchase, and therefore deposit, conditional on approval of your choice of finance, and the deposit will be refundable if the sale falls through - but only if it's because the finance was not approved - any other reason, you are likely to do the deposit.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
feebs
BrwnBstd

Make sure you state in the contract to buy that the contract is subject to finance from a PARTICULAR LENDER (your lender - state the name on the document) so that the car yard cannot ask you get finance through one of their (highly reputable) lenders.

ALso, if they are throwing in anything (mud flaps, tint, new tyres, extra key).. ensure that is in writing on the contract.
feebs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #4
Casablanca
carburettor

yea just write anything you need in the subject to approval section and you will be fine.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And when you ask them to put your requests in writing, don't let them weasel their way out by saying that they will do this that etc. Be assertive if need be.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post