Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
Dezaman

Default my new AU taxi

hey hey guys, finally i can jump on your forums and say this aloud, i got my falcon, it is the most buetiful thing ive ever seen and im so bloody happy, its a falcon au forte 1, its an ex taxi with 450,000 k's on it, engines been replaced 150,000 k's ago and it has side damage from front headlight to the rear, only medium damage, its so great, it has so many buttons on the front i dont know where to start, id imagine it woulda had a billion page manuel just for the creature features, i spent 20 minutes figuring out how to turn the lights on lol, but god she goes, now that i have it i have so much to do to it and so little time, well i have time but so little funds :sm_drool: i have a bloody 2 page list of the upgrades that i need to fork out for it but first off its the panel damage and the sound... i mean i can take ghetto but tape players are just a little to 50's, its good to finally be here with you guys, its been a tough 2 months finding the proper au and theres been a lot of temptations (the smashed impreza wagon ) but ive finally got her, ive named her lucy (the name will make sence when i tell u about the carputer upgrade with voice recognition i plan to put into it) yeh ive had it for 2 days, bought it for 1600 and im still driving like an lplater on his first drive, its to perfect, oh and i think i saw one of you guys in pennant hills today (ts50 kit it seems everyone here has that kit) it was red with number plate a1 24 gv, whoever it was stopped at a red light and didnt see the green, i was gunna honk at him to wake him up but a) thats not a nice thing to do and b) its probably an admin here and no one likes starting off on a bad foot, the speed adict ute driver behind me did the job and i got both a front and back look of his buetiful au 3, so much i want on my car now!!! now its time to get poor!! its gunna be great being i with you guys AU'S RULE!!!

Dezaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

a sydneysider eh?

welcome to the forums mate. might see you around. i frequent that area as well
Old 14-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
blacklabel

Welcome to the forum mate! I can't speak highly enough of the friendly people here and the awesome advice on any matter that might furrow 'ur brow!
I have saved myself quite a few restless nights and many dollars because of the top notch mechanical and technical advice on my AU Futura.
Enjoy!
blacklabel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2007, 06:39 PM   #4
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Welcome mate... i to am a fellow Ex-Taxi owner... but mine was due to a dud sale... and i paid $4550... mine has the series 1 XR front, 3/4's series 1 XR interior, resprayed (badly) blueprint paint, cheap 17" rims (chrome is falling off) and a partial stereo (rear speakers and a cd player only). The engine was replaced, i have no idea when, but it hardly old due to the power... mine is also factory Tickford duel fuel and full XR suspension (most of the rubbers are shot though).
Old 15-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
Jokular

Congrats on the AU.
I'm sure you'll have her ship shape in no time.
Glad too see you have the enthusiasm for the task too
Make sure you start a build thread and post heaps of before and after pix.
Jokular is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #6
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome to the world of the AU there is plenty of help to be had here just ask. open your wallet and let the mods begin
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post