Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default cracked front bumper while waiting for insurance repray. Where do i stand?

so long story short wasnt paying attention and nudged a gutter and its cracked my fibreglass front bumper. Im currently waiting for it to be resprayed through insurance due to clear coat peeling.

Question i have is where do i stand? Will it be a case of I'll pay for repairs and they'll sort out the paint?

Old 19-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
kenz
BOSS Pilot

Default Re: cracked front bumper while waiting for insurance repray. Where do i stand?

Just see if you can have a quiet word with the panel shop? Someone reversed into my car and damaged the 1/4 panel and had paint damaged the front bar but the front only need to be resprayed not repaired. I just asked them to spray a new gt bar that I supplied instead of spraying the damaged bar without insurance knowing it changed and they had no problem with it. You might be able to pay for the repair separately to the insurance work as you say

Blue SY Territory Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
No matter how good the F6 is (and it is damn good), its missing two cylinders.
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Kryton

Default Re: cracked front bumper while waiting for insurance repray. Where do i stand?

Why not just ring the insurer and tell them youve cracked the bar?
If they dont just replace it, theyll have it repaired with the paint.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Why not just ring the insurer and tell them youve cracked the bar?
If they dont just replace it, theyll have it repaired with the paint.
They will get it repaired but charge him a second excess for a seperate claim!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
so long story short wasnt paying attention and nudged a gutter and its cracked my fibreglass front bumper. Im currently waiting for it to be resprayed through insurance due to clear coat peeling.

Question i have is where do i stand? Will it be a case of I'll pay for repairs and they'll sort out the paint?
You will find that the repairer will just fix it as it will need to be rubbed back anyway. He may charge ya $100 for paint and labour but that's a damn sighrt less than your excess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Exactly.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
psychoticgroove
SRT

Hmmm thats interesting that you're covered at all for fibreglass. Just Cars (who I'm with) emphatically stated that they dont cover fibreglass kits!!
Who are you with, I might give them my business?

His- 2014 Jeep GC SRT
Her- 2012 Territory TS TDCI
psychoticgroove is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoticgroove
Hmmm thats interesting that you're covered at all for fibreglass. Just Cars (who I'm with) emphatically stated that they dont cover fibreglass kits!!
Who are you with, I might give them my business?
I'll pm you later this arvo, but half my car is glass. Front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, front quarter panels, bonnet
Old 20-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
You are correct. If they can not repair it with the respray, you will have to lodge a second claim and pay another excess.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd just have a yak with the repairer.....as other have stated it will be another claim from the insurance perspective

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #10
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

got some good news. They were suppos to come look at it today to give final approval for the respray but got a call saying they have decided to approve on the pic's i sent before the damage. So all is good. I'll take some pic's of the damage and post up its not to bad its a crack about 7cm's long vertical under the drivers side fog light. Ive done a bit of glass work so I'll just do the repair myself Thats no big deal i was just worried they would reject it on the grounds the bar is damaged.

Another question. With this same original repair the bonnet and front quarters were also painted. The clear isnt peeling on these yet but should i insist they are resprayed also? Or atleast another clear be put over the top?
Old 20-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sure the insurance company would be very clear as to what is to be painted.....I would ask but be prepared to be knocked back

but just maybe........

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #12
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They will only paint what is not peeling. You will have a warranty ont he rest of the job.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post