Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-05-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
qikaz
Banned

Default just bought an ebgt inlet

got the upper and lower, t/b for $1000, plus he threw in a cam- lumpiest with stock ecu. I think i did ok??

qikaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

hmm sounds "OK" to me, but only because the EBGT manifold is slightly better than an Explorer and the t/b is suited to your TPS's, whereas it's a bit of a shoehorn job with an AU t/b (in my case). Having said that I'd probably go for an Explorer + AU t/b setup and save around $400ish.

I don't know the EBGT cam specs vs std cam specs so I can't comment on that.

Since you've got an EL2XR8 motor in your EB, try to flog off the Explorers for around the $600 mark, and try to sell your T/B for whatever $$$ you can get for it ($50?). EL2XR8 Explorers are a bit more desirable than AU Explorers as they suit E-Series Windsors better (with their #5 runner bung, EGR, etc). Also try to source an AU MAF body to replace your ****y 55mm unit.

If you're going to go as far as swapping cams, you might as well source some new heads. If you want a good bang-for-buck set of heads, check out the Yella-Terra sub forum here, they may still have some GT40P heads for sale (AU version of the EBGT heads) for aroudn the $700 mark.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2007, 03:38 AM   #3
qikaz
Banned

i just found out that the so called ebgt lower was really an elxr8 one, so i got my 1000 back, he still wants to sell me the upper for a reasonable price but herrod say the au2 or 3 inlet flows alot better (1993 tech compared to 2002 tech). i have the eb inlet on mine which is why i want to throw it away!
Want to get au2,3 iblet, gt40 heads as suggested and i have this cam. Also already have au maf.
Hows this sound, car currently runs 15.1 stock so should get high 14's
Old 19-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

So your HO-equipped 5.0 with a 3.27 diff and BTR ran a 15.1? That's incredibly fast!
Old 19-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So many threads and posts made by quikaz, claiming different things......... im so confused : !!

Running a 15.1 with HO manifold and stock heads, no cam, stock diff and only mods being an exhuast system from an el xr8, and the car is a auto...... i dont think it can run a 15.1? If you do have the explorer manifold then thats a little bit more convincing.

Do you have an el 2 xr8 engine? if it has the HO manifold, then im afraid to say its not an el 2 xr8 engine?
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
qikaz
Banned

ok, bull **** aside, basically previous owner stroked engine in this eb, then baught a elxr8, wanted stroked engine in el and also took el inlet as you would.
and ye sit did run 15.1 but is alot qiker now as timing was incorrect due to spun balancer. if you dont believe its that qik then "pull up beside"
I thought 15.1 was qik which is why i started this thread
Old 21-05-2007, 10:07 AM   #7
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Ahh that makes sense. Mind you, the EL2XR8 motor with a HO intake is essentially a stock 165kw EB-EL unit now. Well done on the 15.1
Old 21-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
qikaz
Banned

i think its a bit better for some reason