Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #1
DentEd XR8

Arrow ... Only Me

Hey guy's just thought I'd say Hello and let you all know I found the forums (Formerly XplodEd EA). I didn't visit FordForums for a month then find out we've moved and didnt read a thing about it beforehand which was quite a shock but it's all good now that I've found it again.

Also thought I might update everyone with my car, the paint still looks horrible but the good news is that in 6-8 months time the whole car will be getting resprayed and every dent and imperfection removed, including the spoiler.

I got an Auto-Meter Air/Fuel Ratio gauge for christmas, nothing special but heres a pic anyway.

I've also finally started doing my stereo install. I've updated my splits as the old Alpines wouldn't fit straight into the door and got some Alpine type S's which fit straight in and put some Alpine 6" two ways on the shelf instead of trying to fart around with the Alpine 6X9's I had in the EA. I still have the 2 10" DVC Clarions, it's enough for what I need, and have 2 4 channel Clarion 400w amps, also added a 1F cap which made a noticeable difference to the way the subs sound, there alot more clearer and punchier now. Also updated the headunit from the crusty Sony Xplod thing to an Alpine CDA-9805 which is pretty simple for an Alpine but has got all the right features like 3 4v pre-outs and a bunch of other things that shat all over the Sony. Retailed for $499 new but I picked it up for $250 2 months old and not a thing wrong with it, not even a mark. The boot is still in the middle of construction at the moment, there's going to be cover panels over everything and I'm going to be doing more with the boot making some stowage bins/cabinets so nothing floats around on the floor, which if you have a close look at has also been played with. Basically I just built up the lower section so it's all flat and made a lid over the spare wheel instead of having to lift up the whole floor covering. It's still not obviously finished and it's still a bit of a mess but I'll put up more photos once it's all done, at the moment it looks pretty dodgy but hopefulloy it'll turn out alright

Old 18-01-2005, 09:11 PM   #2
Sundeep
Banned

Lookin' schmicko Ed.

What was wrong with the paint? Didn't you get it fixed up?

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 09:11 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Glad you made it!

Thats a nice custom install, and the pics more pics would be a great guide for anyone wanting to attempt the same

Cheers
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Looking good mate, the deck looks really good in that dash. keep it up mate.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
EFFalcon
Last warning

Welcome back Ed
can't wait to see that EF resprayed!
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
DentEd XR8

Thanks guys

The paint was bodgily done by me in my dust filled shed after the panel beaters had straightened it, it came out worse than average, I've managed to fix one panel up so it doesnt have the wrinkle effect but the bonnet and front bumper are a bit of a challenge, also the paint is 2 shades darker and doesnt have the purple effect in it even though I gave them the paint code and was ensured I would get the correct colour, but nothing they can do cos the paint is on the car apparantly.

I might try and find a pic of what I mean
Old 19-01-2005, 10:36 AM   #7
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Welcome back Ed and nice stereo install. Best of luck sorting out the paintwork issues.
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 06:16 PM   #8
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Good to see you again Ed. I look forward to seeing pics of the beast with the fresh paint job ;)
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote