Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
FG8PSI

Default Diff Centre's

Hi

i have a diff from a EA which has a 3.9 ratio in it, i wanted to put the centre in the EL's diff with a new LSD all i want to know has anyone done this Before and is it easy? And is there a doco or manual any where that can help me?

thanks Nick

Old 24-01-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

providing the EA donor diff has 28 spline axels

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #3
FG8PSI

yer sorry it is a 4 pinon 28 spline
Old 24-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #4
snailracing

Should be no worries what so ever to someone who has worked on Diff's before. When I built my XF the first time, I got 3.28(?) L.S.D out of a EF Fairmont, and used the 28 spline axles out of a EF wagon (My XF's a Ute) and it was all fitted to my orginal XF housing. I think the guy who set it up (A mate of mine who owns his own Automatic Trans shop) needed to use a few extra spacers to get the end float right but that's about all.
snailracing is offline   Reply With Quote