Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
nikos
mezzo forte

Default OUCH. Rear quarter dent

Hi guys.

The other day my girlfriend's dad backed his big fat BMW X5 right into the side of my poor car. Dented the rear quarter something royal, just in front of the tail light. The panel is rat sh!7, the edge is stuffed and paint is cracked. Will post up a pic tomorrow.

My question is will it be cheaper to get it fixed at a panel beaters, or grab a second hand panel from a wreckers? Painting doesn't matter as my mate will do it for me.

Cheers Nic

nikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

It will be a pretty hard job to un-pick and then spot weld on the new panel and keeping it all in line, unless you have the experience or know someone (maybe you mate who can spray) with the experience in this work then i would leave it to the professionals, but thats just me.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:58 AM   #3
nikos
mezzo forte

KK, didn't know it would be so hard. I'll def leave it to the pros then if propper alignment is at stake!

The X5 is so massive that it only got its bumper. Damn urban 4x4s. (no offence territory owners :P)
Old 12-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Yeah if it was the front panel then no worries in the world a bit of swearing and it will line up, the rear is a differant story, Bad luck on it though hope its all fixed soon enough.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
AU dude
Flying high...

Did the prank affect the body line? I dented my rear quarter and tried to push it out and made it worst, which affected the body line.

AU dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
nikos
mezzo forte

Yeah I can't just push it out anyway because the edge is stuffed. Can anyone reccomend the best place in Geelong? My girlfriends Dad is footing the bill anyway so I want it to be the best job

Cheers Nic
Old 12-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

hopefully you have insurance? make a claim....it will be cheaper to pay your excess, than it wil to pay for the repair...

i had somebody pass me on the left as i was turning into a carpark and hit my quarter, it was all done through insurance and he was at fault, but i asked at the time how much the repair would cost....and they said usually between $2200 and $2500..
pic here
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...14&postcount=4
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #8
nikos
mezzo forte

Nah my gf's dads paying, and I asked him about his insurance and he said he'd rather pay the bill. It looks to be about 800 with respray.

When I get my computers organised I'll post up pics