Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
Donk

Default AU fairmont Q's.

G'day, I'm about to buy an AU fairmont,I'm looking to put on fibresports(AWC) kit , extractors, 2and one half inch exhaust, and LPG. First Q does the LPG restrict the space for the extractors? Do I need high flow cat. I'm heading close to my budget of about 15G so thought because one of the faimonts I'm looking at has factory 17 inch's, tickford suspension and bodykit, I might get away with just the front TS50 bar, will this look half done or just plain bad? I was also thinking of a Rebel rear bar and TS50 front, anyone done this so I could see if I'm way off track or not. One other thing does anyone know of a way of covering the poxy fake woodgrain on the dash, I reckon it ruins the whole look of the interior. I know someone is probably going to tell me this has been covered somewhere else, if it has sorry and just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Donk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #2
HLC
Audi S3

the ts50 bar is much much deeper than any other body kit available for the AU's.

personally, i think you need the whole kit to pull it off. otherwise it looks a little funny.

and LPG may restrict the space for extractors. so need to do some further searching there.
Old 13-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk
I might get away with just the front TS50 bar, will this look half done or just plain bad?
It will look like Bucky Beaver.

I had the same questions when I wanted to change the front of my Fairmont (and have driving lights) but didn't want a full kit.

IMO the TS50 bar on it's own will look terrible... get the whole kit or get a different bar.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
Donk

Thanks fellas looks like all or nothing it will be.
Donk is offline   Reply With Quote