Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-04-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Hally

Default Falcon BF pricing

All,

Looking at purchasing a new car at the moment, with the prefered car a BF Falcon (base model 6 cylinder), with a Commodore the second choice. Can anyone give me the heads up on the best Ford dealer in Melbourne and is anyone aware of good deals available?

I went to my local Ford dealer (prefer not to name at this stage) and the best price I could get on a SR auto was $37,800 driveaway. The local Holden dealer has a Commodore SVZ for $32,950 driveaway. From a specification point of view the are quite similar. $5k is a big saving.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Get a written quote from the holden dealer and show the ford dealer. Tell him he either match's it or you buy the holden. As to dealers, I bought mine at Bayfords in Coburg. They were good at having the car ready on time and very competitive price wise.

Good luck.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
Dean C

Jefferson Ford see Trevor Quayle at Mentone, or try the car broker link at the top of the page, I just used them for my wifes car and they were great in obtaining the best price for me.
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #4
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

lol ford would be crazy to do that they have the better product if you were to buy a TV akai vs Sony i know id pay more for the sony, should be able to get the SR mid 30's though mate so best of luck, test drive both choose which one you want then go to town with the pricing.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 06:49 PM   #5
Jet-Star

Isn't that just a VZ? And comparing the latest model ford with an older holden is not fair, price a VE and a BF...then see who comes out where.
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #6
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse06
Isn't that just a VZ? And comparing the latest model ford with an older holden is not fair, price a VE and a BF...then see who comes out where.
I think its a quite optioned up VZ leather trim 6 stacker CD & 17 inch alloys rear spolier not sure if it has a body kit & fog lights?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

remember man, 37,800 aint there final price, they will budge from the inital price if ur good. Remember they need ur business.
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #8
Hally

The $32,950 price was definately for a SVZ (Spoiler, 17 inch wheels, 6 stack cd, cruise, part leather, extra airbags etc) and I informed the Ford dealer of it and he was aware of the Holden pricing. Wouldn't move from the $37,800.

There is no doubt in my mind that the BF is the better product. I am not sure that the Falcon is worth $5k more so I will be shopping around as I would prefer a Falcon, but must admit that the Holden is good value at that money. The other issue is resale, due to the VE arriving around the corner and part of me is tempted to wait until it comes out to see what it is like, but am really keen to get a new car now.

I will see how I go with the other dealers suggested. Thanks for your opinions.
Old 30-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #9
Jet-Star

If you want a nice car, buy a BA Fairmont Ghia, Better than equivilent of the SVZ for same or less money...
Jet-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I bought my car at Coffey Ford in Dandenong. Top service from one particular salesperson. The other sales people there were ok though.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Get the Holden, it will nearly keep up with the Falcon after the 5k is spent on edit, exhaust etc.... :
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #12
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

That does sound a bit rough, especially considering you can get a 380 VRX, Camry Sportivo or Sv6 easily for that kind of money.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #13
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

If you are going for the 6 cylinder, get the E-Gas Falcon; you'd be silly not to.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #14
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Find out a good dealer.
Go to that dealer on the last day of the month, flaunt your ability to pay up straight off and you will get the BEST deal possible (there will be zero gross profit in it).

95% of the time, this will work.
Old 30-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #15
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

You should be able to get a dealer down to about 35,000 for the SR.

Reason the VZ is so cheap is because its a runout and it sounds like that dealers gutted the price...

Goodluck.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2006, 09:00 PM   #16
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

end of month is no different to start of the month or middle we all have targets to acheave, 0% gp ur kidding very little yes but you must be nieve to think that a car manufacturer like anyother business would have 0 profit in thier products, no GP = no business.

a good dealer will know what you want, how much you will buy the car for and try their best to acheave that happy medium, no one pays RRP for a car/bike/pop up toaster but no business will loose money for the sake of it either.

just an insite.

Old 30-04-2006, 09:11 PM   #17
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
end of month is no different to start of the month or middle we all have targets to acheave, 0% gp ur kidding very little yes but you must be nieve to think that a car manufacturer like anyother business would have 0 profit in thier products, no GP = no business.

a good dealer will know what you want, how much you will buy the car for and try their best to acheave that happy medium, no one pays RRP for a car/bike/pop up toaster but no business will loose money for the sake of it either.

just an insite.
Thats intelligence for you.

Ofcourse dealers are going to increase incentives to buy a car towards the end of the month, specially when it comes to Fords, each dealer has its own targets which it evaluates through out the month. FPV dealers have incentives where Dealer Principle / Sales managers get to go on holidays etc providing they register a certain number of cars a month, thats why alot of them go and pre register stock that sits in the yard then sell em as demos.

Smaller dealers may not use this approach but most of the big Holden / Ford dealers can smarten up their prices depending on the time of the month and how much they have on the board.
Old 30-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #18
Poetic Justice

UNR8D I dunno if you work at a dealership - and if you do I'm not trying to discriminate - perhaps the dealership I work at are different.

For one - anyone who doesn't work at a dealership would be surprised to know just how many brand new vehicles are sold for 0 gross profit, or even at a loss.

We work on targets - and I know for a fact my sales manager also gets paid commission on numbers - the higher the number the more money for him. If he isn't reaching both of these targets by the end of the month, you'll sure fire see him start to let deals be done with not much GP in it.

Perhaps heavy weight dealers who will almost certainly hit target don't do this, but smaller dealers do.
Old 30-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #19
myxr6
Banned

Try this website and see how you go/
http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/Ford/
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:13 AM   #20
RATT

First of all Hally, $37800 for an SR sounds like full retail. Negotiate with the dealer all move on to another one.

Although there are vehicles sold at 0 profit or a loss, it's usually fleet deals. Retail is different unless it's an old stock vehicle.

No new incentives are given by dealers at the end of the month. It happens at the beginning of the next month.

Dealers/Sales managers etc get paid on how many cars are "delivered", as in picked up and paid for by customers. Not how many they sell/ sign up. So it really doesn't matter what time of month it is.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #21
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

yes i do work at a dealership, ive been in the industury since 03', there are plenty of insentives and bonus's etc, all i was trying to get at is that no matter weather its start of the month/end of month that bonus applies or insentive applies and i know from start of month to end of month we go hammer and tongs about trying to do the deal regardless of the timing in the month, the same GP applies to the car the whole way thru the month so what difference does it make?

yes their may be an odd car sold for 0 GP, its rare and would be a old stocker you dont want to have on floor plan so you rip the guts out of it and the buyer gets a sensational deal, most will have 100-300gp but still have a saving of 4-5k which is big no matter which way you look at it, i am talking Retail Fleet seem to work on -200+, maybe some work different to others.

either way and back on toppic mid 30's like i said earlier sounds fair i doubt if 32k is acheaviable but have a go and they can only say no........

Old 01-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #22
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
You should be able to get a dealer down to about 35,000 for the SR.

Reason the VZ is so cheap is because its a runout and it sounds like that dealers gutted the price...

Goodluck.

thats why the VZ is so cheap, that killer price is becasue they have the VE about to start flooding their holding yards and dealership in they need to get clear out a lot of stock. Theres no way you can get a ford for that price, and its not the fault of the dealer they cant sell the cars and lose money, Holden Australia has set that price and will be offering compensation to the dealerships for selling the car so cheap.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #23
Hally

Nappa,

I totally understand why the VZ is so cheap (and so well equipped). If you go back through the thread my reason for posting was to get a better idea of the dealer market in Melbourne as I am new to this city.

To set the record straight, I am happy to pay a premium for a Falcon and don't expect Ford dealers to match the current Holden pricing on the SVZ. I just wanted to get peoples opinions on what I should be paying for an SR.

I will give an update on how I go.

Cheers,

Hally
Old 01-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #24
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$37,800 for an SR? Isn't that XR6 pricing?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #25
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For $37800 you should be able to get an XR6 Six Speed Auto.

SR should be 34 ish on the road drive away, we bought 2 last year and got them for 33 k neat each (one for my grandma and another for a family friend).
Old 01-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #26
Poetic Justice

heh, well if anyone wants a toyota and knows where i work, now you kow where to go
Old 01-05-2006, 07:53 PM   #27
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

$37k is way to much for a SR. $33-$35 would be more like it. Im sure I've seen runouts at $33 or $32k for a SR BA.

$38k will put you into a 2nd hand BF Fairmont Ghia with 3,500 km on the clock.

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/fo...pp=13&d=0&nv=1

There are enough around that you can literially pick your favourite colour (only real option on the Ghia bar Sat nav and V8)..

If you really want to save money BF Fairmonts sometimes appear for $20k..
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #28
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphido
If you really want to save money BF Fairmonts sometimes appear for $20k..
what the???? 20K???
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #29
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/fo...&pp=0&d=0&nv=1

$19990 BF Fairmont 64,000 km

Then theres a bit of a jump to late MKII other BF's for ~$24k.. The cheapies don't last long.

BA Fairmonts are knocking around $15,000 in the lower end of the spectrum..
http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/fo...pp=10&d=0&nv=1

Dual zone air con, nice cloth seats, decent audio, alloys, power windows. Perfect family car.

BA Fairmonts are the 2nd hand bargin. I heard at auction they got for $11-$16k, which would be about right given what dealers are trying to off load them for.

But the Ghia is the much sexier car, premium sound, leather, power seat, 17"'s etc. But If I wanted a family hack, the regular fairmont would be the choice.

Im pretty much continually searching for a BF Fairmont Ghia. I will buy one in about a year and a bits time (after or during orion hype) for around $22k. Ex-fleet with less than 75,000 on it. Mint condition in black.
Iphido is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 03:08 PM   #30
Bobman
Regulator

Cheapest BA XT I've seen so far was just a touch over $10,000 from auctions and cheapest E-Gas BA was $12,000.. certainly getting cheaper now.

$15-16 for a BA Fairmont is a good deal.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)