Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #1
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Default Looking for advise on buying an XR6 or XR8

Hi all,
This is my first post in this area, so please be gentle.... Pretty soon I may have a sale for my BF2 GT-P and have been considering what to replace it with.

At first I was considering a small cheapie runaround 4 cyl car, but theres not much I like in this size an I want somthing sporty and with a bit of go in it too.
The other thing Im looking to do is buy a 17 or 19 footer boat and the 4's wont be real good to tow it with.

So I was hunting thru the classifieds here, and thought about the AU's. A few of my friends have mum and dads versions and they are very happy with them.
The other interesting thing Iv noticed is the prices all seem to be around the same for each of the varients with the V8 ones a touch dearer, but more of them around and more likely easier to bargain them down as its a V8 and theres a lot around for sale.

So after looking around, Iv narrowed it down to the XR6 HP, the VCT XR6 or the XR8.
Im only interested in AU II or more preferably AU III as I like the rear 'rebel kit' type bumper on the later 2002 build cars. Also Manual trans is a MUST.

What I need to know is which one do you AU owners think I should choose? Which will suit me best??

Should I consider an ex Highway patrol car or stick clear of these?

I am still keen on the sporty aspect of whatever car I get, thats why I chose the XR's. I will also be considering some 'BOLT ON' mods later on, but no opening of engines etc.

My driving habits are 50/50 highway vs round town, but I still give em a bit round town an like em to be plenty responsive. If that changes, its more likely to be more highway driving, so again which is best for me?

Now I know the XR6 HP is pretty quick, an is better in a straight line over the VCT version, but the VCT is the better handler, and better optioned car.
I am also told these engines are good for a lot of miles and not much goes wrong with them providing their properly maintained. Are they also nice and torquey? is the VCT noticably better torque wise over the HP?

I also saw that the VCT engine is harder to modify, does this only pertain to cracking the engine open to get more out of it, or also simple bolt ons too???

Another concern if I go the XR8 way is the Windsor engines and the milage done on them. All the cars Iv looked at online seem to range from 90 000klms to 180k klms.
What are the weezors like with this much milage? How is their longevity? are they worn out? flogged and needing a freshen up?
How is the state of the injection setup and its related ancillaries??
I absolutly dont want to buy one that needs an engine reco, as I will drive all my cars hard, but look after them well.
They do need to perform adequatly at their peak, and I want the 220kw version of the V8 at the least.

What would be the advantages and disadvantages of each of these vehicle choices??

I guess an idea of what goes wrong on these cars would be helpfull too.

How are these cars faring with higher milage? are they falling apart?, getting all rattly? or feeling like a wet sponge? If I get one with 150 000klms plus, is it likely to be a pile??

Any information would be appreciated, and anyone who has info on things Iv missed, please feel free to add it. I am also well aware these wont have the power of my Boss 302 GT.

Thanks in advance for yr help.

Donny.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 12:13 AM   #2
undertow

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: AU Aux input HOW TO. 

Can't answer all your questions, but I wouldn't worry about that many kms on a windsor v8 as long as it has service history. Just make sure the oil and coolant are clean and check for any rattles on cold start. Mine has 185,000 kms and was only serviced every 15,000kms, but still runs like a top and doesn't use any oil. Currently done 5,000kms since last oil change and the oil still looks like honey. Both the sixes and v8s are pretty bulletproof if looked after. Check carefully for noisy diffs and gearboxes though.
undertow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok with the xr6s... you will be able to swap the cam in a HP engine, you wont be able to with a VCT engine
if you only want to do bolt ons you wont have a problem, if pacemakers wont fit the vct the JMM ones do
aaaand yes, they pretty much last forever, 150,000km on the I6 is nothing, i probably wouldnt buy one that was over 300,000km though
i dont have one but ive heard similar things of the windsor
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #4
Pat Riley
U MAD?

Depends on your age (over 25?) and your budget.

My personal opinion would be to get something like a BA Fairmont rather than an AU XR6. A BA Fairmont can be had for around $8k now and a bit more for the Ghia. It also depends on why you're downgrading and what you want out of a replacement car.

Something like this has low kms, can likely be had for a bit less.

BA Fairmont with 98,000 kms

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SF - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

C - Erick Dampier
PF - Udonis Haslem
SF - James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Carlos Arroyo

C - Joel Anthony
C - Dexter Pittman
C - Jamaal Magloire
PF - Juwan Howard
SG - Eddie House
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
Pat Riley
U MAD?

If I was going the XR6 route, I'd be much more inclined to get a BA XR6. These can be had for $9,000 now.

BA XR6

C - Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF - Chris Bosh
SF - Lebron James
SF - Dwyane Wade
PG - Mario Chalmers

C - Erick Dampier
PF - Udonis Haslem
SF - James Jones
SG - Mike Miller
PG - Carlos Arroyo

C - Joel Anthony
C - Dexter Pittman
C - Jamaal Magloire
PF - Juwan Howard
SG - Eddie House
Pat Riley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Falcon
If I was going the XR6 route, I'd be much more inclined to get a BA XR6. These can be had for $9,000 now.

BA XR6
This was posted here (AU falcon area) for a reason dont come in here pushing your B Series opinions

Donny I had an XR6HP with a 5sp. Was a great car IMO it is very nimble being lighter over the front wheels (compared to my car)
Towing i cannot really comment as i never did it
The HP vs VCT debate has been done to death in here so have a search around there will be some good info. It just depends on what mods you want to do and how much you want to spend on them. It looks as though your not after a race car so mods you do will be pretty cheap.

Handling i can vouch for both as ive had live axle in my XR and IRS in the TE the AU IRS is fantastic and much better the the live alxe and even the control blade set up in B Series cars.

The venerable Windsor V8 is good for a shedload of kms as long as you look after it (like most thing's you'd know) My TE has 185k kms on it and i just returned from interstate in it and it went like a dream.
High pressure power steering hose is known to go.
And really that the only thing that has happened to mine since ive had it nearly 4 years.
HWP cars have there good and bad as you would know they get a bit of a flogging but they are very well maintained in that regard.
My TE doesnt make any noises that any other 180k car doesnt, my car has premo brakes and they are known for some noise and mine do.

Hope that helps you mate if you need and more info just yell out there are plenty more people on here with more knowledge then me.

Pity you have to move the GTP on
Old 17-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Yeah NO WAY id be looking at a BA1, AU2/3 is a much better car.

From everything you are saying id be getting a AU2/3 XR8. If you want to tow alot (like every weekend you can) id get the auto.

But I am a manual man and its killing me driving an auto now, but I do mostly highway stuff at the moment so it suits that.

If you dont plan on towing a great deal then get a manual. As you know, V8 + manual is the best combo. But I would be worried about its longevity with the towing factor.

Hope that made sense. I got my AU instead of a BA and dont regret it one single bit.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Donny welcome and hopefully you put yourself into a well maintained rock solid AU.
As we all know every car has it faults but one thing I/we can swear by the unloved ugly duckling would have to be one of the most reliable Fords ever built !

I6 still bullet proof, HP/VCT I'm sure current owners as some above can give you more pros and cons..to this day here in Sydney cabbies I travel with talk of the AU as their most reliable car ever.
S2 S3 ofcourse as the years went by Ford enhancements/fine tuning benefits.
After coming out of an 8 like you are bolt on enhancements for the 6 may not give you results you may expect but others may say otherwise.
IRS is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned, compliant ride,great handling, worn out shocks upgrade to Koni/Billys she'll be fantastic....IRS top strut mounts most likely gone Ford supply only $75ish ea.

You mention towing boat be it 17-19' tinny I assume ? not too heavy anyway and the 6 can handle that easily but an XR8 220 perfect !
I owned one of these and did hard 120tho k's didn't miss a beat, again mentioned a well maintained one can go on and on, high pressure power steer hose say at 80thou k, again IRS top strut mounts replaced nothing else after but maintenance.
If the one you are interested in is stock, Ford tune running very rich, bolt on benefits from headers be it 4into1 TriY's, CAI and Edit tuned A/F ratio leaned out wakes them up very well. Stock bit of a slug down low but after the above just under/near 28rwkw increase feels farfar better down low to mid she runs out of puff up top,opposite to the boss.......
Open road economy can get down to 8-10l/100 city cycle 12-15 depending how hard you push.

What are they like at 150k up.....not owning one over that as yet but the usual if owned by joe average who just goes to the mechanic servicing he has to do, in that case never replaces shocks, rotors/pads probably have cheapest he could get, gearbox/diff oils never renewed, I'd expect you would do this straight after your purchase anyway much like I would.
Injectors may need a clean,previous owner using cheaspest fuel who knows, V8 2 coil packs, most I notice need replacing early to mid 100's can't remember costs.
Don't hear of rattly rear end noise's, front ball joints the odd one here and there.
The facts are Ford spent their $$ on the AU and lost but we owners gained quality interior/steering dynamics and a damn great Ford product good luck mate hope you find a well loved one you won't be disappointed.

Either of your options would do the job but I recommend the 220 !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"

Last edited by FTE217; 17-03-2010 at 02:45 PM.
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
Donny

Ok, firstly thanks to everyone who replied. Some good advise there and has helped me a lot.

Any mods I will do will be bolt-ons only.
Im not chasing mega power or speed. And I do have reasonable expectations of the diffrence in performance to what I have now. The reason I set my sights on the AU's is they may not be the nicest looking outside, but are very reliable cars, and are around at very reasonable prices. I actually dont mind the interiour in them either.
This car is slated to replace my GT-P as my daily driver.
Opening motors, doing cams etc is somewhere I dont want to go for my daily as I will decide to do the whole lot properly an throw plenty at it. I wont need that from my daily. I still have my XY GT, and would rather throw mod $$ at that to make it go harder.

BA Falcon....Im after somthing sporty, not luxo-ish.
Im downgrading because Im not using the GT-P for more than going to work and back, and the odd run into town. Thats too good a car for that.
For my fun times I drive my XY GT, rain or shine.
I could never do an auto trans as a fairmont or ghia would have.
And to be very honest I dont want another B series car for a few reasons. I prefer the AU interiour over the BA, and especially dont like the BA's primitive ICC setup in either pov version or premium sound versions. It locks you into that system where as on AU, I can fit what ever sound setup I want, without having to jam it under the B series ICC because you cant do away with it totally.
Also, I dont like the BA 6 n/a engine as Iv had one of these before, and the B series 4 speed autos are total garbage too. The only B series XR6 I could have would be a turbo manual one, but that would cost well more than Im prepared to spend, an kinda defeats the purpose of downgrading a bit.

DJM....I saw several postings on the HP vs VCT thing. I mainly wanted to confirm whether what was said about modding the VCT didnt include bolt-ons.
Yeah, she will be a daily driver and occasional tow vehicle. Somthing I dont wanna do in the GT-P is tow stuff.
The IRS setup and handelling benafits was another reason I liked the VCT and XR8. Good to know the weezors are good for a lot of klms. I like those engines for their spirited off the line qualities.
I know they run out of puff getting up there, but thats ok, some bolt ons an a tune may help a bit for that. Its still going to be a daily, so I can accept a little less top end performance.
Not too much over and above the usuals seems to go wrong with them, so thats good too.
The other things the HWP cars had that I didnt like was the stockie XR type body kits, and the series 1 looking instrument facia. Minor I know, but I didnt wanna throw money at it to enhance looks etc, I just wanna hop in and drive it.
If I didnt have the XY GT and didnt prefer bombing around in that, Id keep the BF, but Im just too much old school, an since I got 1 of each, when it comes time to move one on, the newer one will allways get the chop first.
Iv had the BF 2 years now an done 19k klms on it, the XY I did 10k klms in the first 12 months. An I use the XY on weekends, not all the time.

Polyal....Im leaning towards an XR8, Iv allways been a V8 man. I wont be boating every weekend, but would wanna get out once a month at least.
Gotta have time to fang around in my XY GT too...LOL
Iv no intention of getting another B series. Iv had 2, and wanna keep my costs down, an a BA XR8 gives me another Boss motor, which I dont want either, Ill forever be comparing that to the GT-P and coming up short all the time an that'll make me cranky.
I could never ever own an auto car again, I seriously hate autos. If Im driving an auto car at any time Im so boared within 30 mins that I give the keys to someone else an dont wanna drive anymore. I loose all interest when driving auto cars.
Also with the boat n stuff, I know how to be kind to drivelines and clutches, so towing a boat and pulling it out of the water wont be a worry to me. Ill manage fine.

FTE217....Boat wise, Im going to be looking at fibreglass half cabins, for fishing and camping with my kids, and weekends away etc. I miss doing all that stuff now, an if I can turn the BF into the money Im asking, it gives me enough too buy the XR I want, buy a nice boat an trailer etc, and maybe enuff to also upgrade my spare 351 big port a bit more poke in the XY GT.
Im going to be trying to get a as close to stock one as I can, but wont be closed minded to sum basic mods. The only exception being wheels. I want factory wheels, not aftermarket, as I dont like many of the aftermarket wheel choices on modern cars. Those econ figures for the 220 are about what Im getting out of my Boss currently, around 16L per 100 round town and down to 10 on the open road, an Im used to using 98 fuels too, so econ's no issue.
Not being euro 3 compliant means I can play with the exhaust a lot more than the BF too, an get a sweet noise out of these. Ill be looking to buy one with less than 150k on the odo.

Im looking at spending 10k max. I know XR6's wont be a worry at this money. XR8's will need sum creative negotiating, but theres a few around the 12k mark, and not everyone wants V8's now, and theres a lot more V8 manuals than XR6 HP's an especially VCT manuals, so I could be in with a chance to snag somthing decent for that money. Thats the plan, but the GT-P has to sell first, an we are still in earlier phases of that, and Im just doing my homework first.

So once again, thanks to all who have offered advise so far, feel free to add more if you think of it, an sorry for these 2 big novels of posts...

Cheers,

Donny

Old 17-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Donny I would go the AU111 220 in a heartbeat!

I go on record and say that those Series 3 XR8s (and xr6s i guess) are the best looking XRs ever made. Period.

My Dad has an AUII Ghia VCT and I must say the fuel consumption is not the greatest. His is a mint FSH one owner 100k car. Not sure why his fuel ocnsumption is so bad but not even Essendon Ford could solve it. We have tried many things, its actually doing his head in
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #11
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Donny I would go the AU111 220 in a heartbeat!

I go on record and say that those Series 3 XR8s (and xr6s i guess) are the best looking XRs ever made. Period.

My Dad has an AUII Ghia VCT and I must say the fuel consumption is not the greatest. His is a mint FSH one owner 100k car. Not sure why his fuel ocnsumption is so bad but not even Essendon Ford could solve it. We have tried many things, its actually doing his head in
Another good point for the V8 arguement, my TE uses not alot more fuel out of town then my old XR6 HP in town yeah a little more but not much
Old 17-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
290GTP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went from a modded BA Mk1 turbo to my AU3 XR8 5speed & have no regrets.
The car has 159000 kliks, still drives almost like new & tows stuff pretty well too.

Mercury Silver 03 BA GT-P Tremec TR3650 Number 534

Herrod 4 into ones, Manta Exhaust, CAI, K&N Filter, Mellings oil pump, 19" FPV alloys, Bilsteins, Kings, tuned by Autotech, 272rwkw

RIP Fish 15/1/73 - 9/2/19
290GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Yeap VCT's are not economical, they cost $$ to get good power from them so unless you were just going to do the exhaust then I wouldn't bother.

I reckon $10k would get you a minter XR8, wave the cash and they will sell it.

There are still some S3 XR8's at dealers with low k's wanting $15k+...reckon they will be sitting around for a while at that price.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #14
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Yeap VCT's are not economical, they cost $$ to get good power from them so unless you were just going to do the exhaust then I wouldn't bother.

There are still some S3 XR8's at dealers with low k's wanting $15k+...reckon they will be sitting around for a while at that price.
Spot on they are good buying if your after a good pokey V8, why buy an I6 when you can have a V8 for not much more. I know what id choose but im biased :evil3:
Old 17-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #15
Donny

Thanks guys, the V8 is where my head is at really.
The only downsides being rego costs in Qld is over 900 a year inc CTP, and then add comp insurance costs.

Im agreeing that 10k should see me into a decent one. Like I said, some creative negotaiting should help me get over the line, and Im not after leather or anything.
It would be nice to snag one with a sunroof too. Are the sunroofs the same as the B series ones?

Old 17-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Day-mow
rexnet

get a AU III if your goign to get one. best of the AU's (mech and look wise) also between the HP and the VCT. should handle the same because as far as im aware they're both the same in suspension set up but the VCT will go faster because it has the VCT aspect.
you can get a cam for them but there is no point with out head work and i've not seen any common grinds for them. they're all custom

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal

i get about 13 L/100Km from my VCT is that considred thirsty? when i was looking most XR8's where around 13k which was a bit out of my price range. hence getting an XR6 VCT which is about as thirsty as an XR8 from what i've herd.

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 17-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #18
CFOUR
The Destroyer

get a xr8. make sure its manual, and not a au1.
Old 17-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #19
Donny

I didnt want an AU1 as I dont like the body kits on these, dont like the single or double spoilers or bars, didnt like the look of the extra body kit options either....
They look too rounded an remind me of those rotten Taurus things. Also, I know some early AU1's had sum big issues.

If I was looking at AU1's, there was a few T series cars in my price range too. AU2 and 3 T Series are well outside my price range.

AU3 XR8 is my pick to get so far. Manual is a MUST no matter what car I own. Fuel consumption isnt a big issue for me as Im used to V8's anyway, an if the VCT is nearly as thirsty as the V8, then Id be silly getting an I6.

Old 17-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #20
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Spot on with your assesment Don, no point with the I6 all due respect fellas, us 8 owners never really worry about economy, its just the feel having the weight of the 8 over the front smooths out the ride IMO and you can't make a pee shooter sound like a cannon ! hehe
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
T3man
Banned

Donny you have it sussed pretty well already and most of the points have been covered.

I can offer the following comments talking from personal experience as I currently own vehicles of both types you are considering and I do a lot of towing.

For towing a 19 foot boat the 6 will be struggling. It will also use heaps more fuel when towing. Fuel usage otherwise will be pretty much the same. The Windsors will last 500,000 km plus before even a head de-coke as long as they are driven regularly and serviced accordingly. Beware of low km examples is my considered opinion.

Enjoy your XR8 220! ('cos I know that's what you'll get)
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #22
Donny

Thanks fellas, it looks like I have the info I need, an you have pretty much sorted out which car Im to buy too...LOL

The XR8 220 definantly sounds to be the best candidate. Staying with a V8 keeps me smiling too.

Cheers all.
D.

Old 18-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #23
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
get a AU III if your goign to get one. best of the AU's (mech and look wise)
Nope there is no difference between AUII XR6HP ir VCT mech wise
Looks also very similar only bodykits differ
AUI is a different ball game though

Quote:
also between the HP and the VCT. should handle the same because as far as im aware they're both the same in suspension set up
Wrong HP has live axle
VCT has IRS

Quote:
but the VCT will go faster because it has the VCT aspect.
Not entirely true, difference is marginal if any.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #24
DougM

You will love the XR8 220..........They are a great cruising car.....

I went from a BA XR6T to the AU windsor and prefer the windsor.......The turbo is obviously quicker in a drag but the Windsor just feels much more lively under normal/sporty driving conditions.....The turbo is only really fun when you have it floored which you can only legally do at the track.....

We have an AU 6 for the wife and you can't compare the lazy power of the windsor compared to the six.....The 6 gets about 20-50km per tank more than my 8....

Enjoy the XR8!!!
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #25
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

And when you get one let us know how you go on price negotiation. I am also looking but holding off till I get married in July. Don't want to spend more than 12g and want a low km S3. This will be an upgrade from a carby XF so I assume the windsor would actually be better on fuel? Just the rego cost and insurance is what worries me. What are peeople paying for insurance. I am 25 with a clean history and had full comp on the XY for 5years.
Old 18-03-2010, 05:41 PM   #26
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

AU Rebel XR8 .. My god so hot :sm_drool:
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #27
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Nope there is no difference between AUII XR6HP ir VCT mech wise
Looks also very similar only bodykits differ
AUI is a different ball game though

Wrong HP has live axle
VCT has IRS

Not entirely true, difference is marginal if any.
my bad.

Old 18-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #28
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
my bad.
All good mate, you learnt something today :
Old 18-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #29
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check the diff bushes on an IRS car, if it has been driven hard, they crack. Also check the upper control arm outer bush on the rear.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #30
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
All good mate, you learnt something today :
well i know my VCT rules @ life. i love it. will when its faster. altho if i could of i would of gotten a 220. but the VCT will do for now