Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #1
EF_Ghia

Default Clutch

Just about to do a manual conversion.

I have around 150-160rwkw & would just like to kno the benefits of a ceremic clutch if any... i have little knowledge at this stage. All i know is i can get a standard clutch for 300 odd, a heavy duty clutch for 380 odd or a ceramic 10puk clutch for 460 odd.

I plan to drag race the car so im assuming the ceramic clutch is the better option, but i could be wrong...

EF_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2006, 11:54 PM   #2
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Ceramic would hold the power better, and have less chance of slipping, but you're gunna lose drivability.

For an N/A car with 150-160rwkw, an Extreme HD clutch should be ok..
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
EF_Ghia

How much is the driveabilty effected?

Cheers
Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 AM   #4
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Well, it becomes like a button, so to speak. The car is either going, or stationery. There's a friction point, but it's not as gradual as a standard clutch. Once it grabs, it grabs.
Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
EF_Ghia

I see, thanks for explaining that for me. Is the more puk better or the less puk better?