Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 22-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Default My 94 ED GLi Wagon

Hey all,

Well after being a bit bored this afternoon, and having people requesting some pics of my car, I thought I would just share with everyone the development of this vehicle.

I obtained the car off my Dad last year, he had had it since 1996. It started life as a stock standard 6cyl ED Falcon GLi wagon. The only options for it were air-conditioning and automatic.

The car had travelled 212,000kms when started driving it as my own. I was not happy with the 6cyl motor in the car, and combined with the fact I managed to source a very, very cheap NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l V8 wreck, I think the next progression was natural.

Over my Christmas Holidays from work I ended up stripping the NC wreck and selling some parts to fund my V8 conversion on the wagon. By mid January the wagon was converted into a V8. The conversion was fairly easy, and straight forward, so much so that the car started up the first time with out any problems.

The help I had from Darin (fairmont1998) was immeasurable through the conversion, also Dan (Walkinshaw) and Barry (Barry_V) leant a hand which was also extremely helpful.

The project at the moment has not finished, as I still have two EF Ghia front seats to add to it (Thanks John!), as well as that, I still have to install my power window conversion, trip computer, ED XR8 instrument cluster, as well as the EL wagon tail lights and full ED XR8 front end (headlights, grille, indicators) conversion.

Last week I had it lowered (everyone knows how horrid the ride height was on the wagon, it looked like a 4x4!) and I got some AUII XR8 rims from Phil on the weekend, so now it is starting to look like a decent car!.

Here are the pics!

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
MightyXR6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
Damo
Banned

Looking very nice chris, the XR front should set it off great! How dark is that tint ? looks awesome.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #3
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

I'm not sure of the percentage, but it is fairly dark, however it is 10 years old, it hasn't bubbled at all or anything, but it is going a little bit purpley... so I will get it redone soon...

1979 XD Fairmont Ghia - Silver, 302C V8, Full velour interior, slowly building her up to be a tough cruiser!

2002 Nissan Patrol ST - Desert Gold, 4.8L DOHC 6cyl petrol (Soon to be reequipped with a 5.7L LS1 V8), 5speed auto, lifted, locked, 33's, nature destruction vehicle!
Old 22-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

looks sweet lowered chris, you're not wrong about it looking very 4x4 before !

i wonder how it'd look with that C pillar painted black.........
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:17 PM   #5
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I second wayne's suggestion! :sm_drool:
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #6
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Nice car, the Clear Repeaters and Indicators look smicko with the White car. Some new EF style taillights and youll be laughing. Sweet wagon

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
looks sweet lowered chris, you're not wrong about it looking very 4x4 before !

i wonder how it'd look with that C pillar painted black.........
Personally, I'd paint the b-pillar but not the c-pillar. The different heights between the rear door glass and the rear side windows would make it look really awkward.

Nice wagon btw. Looks clean as.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Personally, I'd paint the b-pillar but not the c-pillar. The different heights between the rear door glass and the rear side windows would make it look really awkward..
my opinion only but it'd look no different to how the window is against the c pillar now.......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice wagon there mate.
Old 22-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #10
SupahStah
Tha Stah

I like
What do you think about colour coded door handles (white colour)?
Soon To Come: |Largish Cam + Chip|
ETA: *When the bank account is ready *
SupahStah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #11
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Well I do have a spare set of handles, i think colour coded ones should be alright, I might get them done when I have my front grille for the XR headlights sprayed up!

Old 22-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #12
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyXR6Turbo
Well I do have a spare set of handles, i think colour coded ones should be alright, I might get them done when I have my front grille for the XR headlights sprayed up!
Get EA or EB1 black handles :P

The tuff rat primer look! Mix it up a bit...
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #13
smally289
growing up is optional

EL wagon rear lights with the clear indicators would finish it off nicely
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #14
5L
[ 5L ]

looks nice...but take those reflectors off the doors.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 07:19 AM   #15
mr_efxr
Not your average EF Wagon

Very nice mate. The roof racks gotta go.

The recently SOLD 95 EF Wagon 5spd NA SLEEPER

The Daily cruisers now *95 R33 Skyline GTS-T RB25DET *93 Lexus GS300 2JZ-GTE

Car enthusiasts visit Unique Cars and Parts
mr_efxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #16
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Get the B pilar stickers from Ford. DO your XR front end, colour code the handels and EL rear lights, should be a niiiiiice cruiser! very cool mate!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #17
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Yeah, I was thinkin I should get the B pillar stickers ;) I have the EL rear lights sitting in boxes here... lol you know me and my part hoarding Dan! thanks for the nice comments guys

Old 23-05-2006, 03:36 PM   #18
old_mate
Smash the Boost

needs all of the above done, and ditch the AU's for some nice gloss black stockos

I know u wanna be a hobo bogan crotch grabbing V8 owner lol

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #19
Ritchie's5spED
Dream Car..........

Looks good mate. Love the wheels.

Pacemaker Headers
2.5" Redback Zorst
17" AUIII Tickford Copies
What next?
:
Ritchie's5spED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #20
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

Got bored today, so EL tail lights are now in... ;)

Old 23-05-2006, 04:05 PM   #21
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Great to see another ED V8 wagon! This is exactly what I was going to do with my ED GLi but I found a Fairmont instead at the right time. Are you going to paint your NC doors white and fit them as well(for the power window issue?) and how hard was it to fit the climate control etc?
Old 23-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
MightyXR6Turbo
Boooostn'

banarcus - us ED V8 wagon owners are a rare breed I suspect! As for the power window issue, nah I wont spray the NC doors, they are long gone, all I will do is remove the window winders from the door, put in the power window with the NC Fairlane door loom, and wire it all up, easy as pie

I didn't bother fitting climate control because I get issues with it in the other Eseries car's ive owned, so I just used the GLi climate controller. Infact, it just uses the ED GLi dash, plugged straight into the NC Fairlane engine loom so was easy as