Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EA-ED Spac cluster oil pressure

Simple one, just wondering what sort of oil pressure you guys usually get on the gauge? On the highway (2000rpm or so) mine seems to sit on the 2nd yellow mark, or the top of the first 1st division after the red zone. Just seems a bit low to me.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 09:40 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

It normally with a good condition motor should sit...

3 bars at 2000rpm or higher
2 bars at 700rpm (idle)

It does seem a little low to me, thats what my old motor had when it had blowby. I wouldnt be too worried as it still is in the OK area.

What kinda oil do you run? How many K's you done?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

20w50 and she's done 160ks

Old 23-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by donno
20w50 and she's done 160ks
Thats not that much K's for a ED ;)

Has it recently dropped down to this reading or has it been for a while?

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
Old 23-09-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Since i got her, but that was at 144ks. What do you mean by 2 bars also? As in the red zone + 1, or red zone and 2 yellow?

Old 23-09-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
InitialD
Low and Loud

Two bars I mean Red zone + 2 yellow

Try maybe flushing the oil on the next change?