Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
EBII4.L

Default keep or sale?

well after all my EBII has been in alot trouble and its costing me heaps of time and money, when one thing is fixed the other tend to f*** up on me, very frustrating. From power steering switch to fuel pump, to alternator, cruise contrl, cracked windscreen, rough idling, busted diff, power steering pump leak arghhhh god damn car

I'm considering a BA XR8 or a XR6T ute =\
god i hate my car

Old 08-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Welcome to the world of cars! soon as you start doing them up, stuff goes wrong. Just think soon as you replace it, it doesnt need to be done.

Ive practically rebuilt my car from ground up and still have lots of issues, but its all part of the deal ;)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 03:32 PM   #3
EBII4.L

yeah i guess so or maybe coz i thrash the car so much LOL! damn my right foot always gets heavy
Old 08-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

It gets a bit like that, the most important factor is the prior history of the car. Most people seem to run their cars into the ground and sell them off to buy something newer and repeat the process. The ideal scenario is buying an immaculate car and looking after it well, and there are still immaculate E series cars that have been owned by more conservative types.

It's up to you to weigh up whether the car is likely to keep having expensive issues - if so you'd be better off jumping ship. But you need not resort to a new car in the interests of reliability - the resale losses alone would buy about a thousand EB alternators. :P
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
CruizinEB
Banned

Get a new one, i've had mine for a year and the only thing that has gone wrong was a light globe.
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Valknutr

this sounds exactly like whats happening to me, right down to the i hate my car part. I say keep the car spend the money you were going to spend on the new one on the EB and then go race ricers! Cause even though my cars on its death bed the ricers around here have no chance
Old 09-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #7
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZIN EB
Get a new one, i've had mine for a year and the only thing that has gone wrong was a light globe.
good for you mate, why dont you buy me on if its so easy to say!
Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 AM   #8
EBII4.L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valknutr
this sounds exactly like whats happening to me, right down to the i hate my car part. I say keep the car spend the money you were going to spend on the new one on the EB and then go race ricers! Cause even though my cars on its death bed the ricers around here have no chance

exactly right =)
Old 09-08-2005, 02:37 AM   #9
CruizinEB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0obie
good for you mate, why dont you buy me on if its so easy to say!

IT WAS ONLY A SURGESTION noobie

PS: sorry mate
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:04 AM   #10
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty
The ideal scenario is buying an immaculate car and looking after it well, and there are still immaculate E series cars that have been owned by more conservative types.
Yes, there is an old guy a few doors up with a schmicko EL fairlane on LPG that he drives to the shops and back, that's it. The rest of the time she sits in a garage... mmmmmmmmm... wonder who's gonna be first in line at the deceased estate sale? Yes, nasty nasty nasty meanie meanie meanie Bindi...

Hey I think I restarted the trend round here in the last few weeks, ppl ****ing and moaning about thieir e-series... :evil3: But then again, it's the norm hey. We either like it or lump it.

$2K later and still more to spend - I haven't even looked sideways at mods! This is the usual stuff (my Toyota doesn't do this... GRRRRRRRRRRR).

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #11
Valknutr

bindi i think you should : him off and get the car sooner
Old 09-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #12
EBII4.L

i've decided to keep the my EBII FAIRMONT i really like my car and all the work done to it my be a waste just gettin rid of it and if i do sale it i wont be gettin much =\ well after all its got custom sprayed dash plus also the t bar got 2.5inch exhaust system but havent yet put on extractors, panasonic MP3/CD head unit, JL Audio coaxial, MB quarts 6X9's, 1 W7 JL Audio Sub rated at 500 W RMS, and a Audioline Amp 1000 W RMS =D