Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
Wicherts

Default Best EF to Au 6 cylindar mods

Whats the best value for money versus performance gains for 6 cylindars.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

Exhaust $250 + fitting
Extractors $350 - 450 + fitting
Cam $250 (with vernier gear and cam changeover) + fitting
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
Wicherts

Ive currently got an SS cold air intake,Short shifter,Hurricane Extractors, two and a half inch exhaust with Hi Flo Cat and a Haltech engine management system also I have found that a good set of performance leads and plugs make a noticable difference. It's has been tuned on the Dyno. Its currently putting out 162 RWKW and is about 200 kw at the Fly wheel. So that and a combination of it being light weight and manual makes it a relly great car to drive.
It Blows An standard EF or EL XR8 away pretty easily.
Ive found as far as susspension goes Ive got 400 pound peddars all round and it really hangs in there at the track. If I could find a deasent fault it would be that when it is low on fuel it has heaps of oversteer.

Last edited by Wicherts; 06-08-2005 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
EFFalcon
Last warning

your next step would have to be a new cam
with the haltech it should run beautifully with a decent increase in power.
have you done a power run on the dyno?
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
Wicherts

On the Dyno with everything but the Haltech It ran 145 rwkw and roughly 180 Kw at the Flywheel. With the Haltech chip and after a dyno tune its currently running 162 rwkw and roughly 200 kw at the flywheel .
Old 06-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #6
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

162rwkw stock head and stock cam - id like to see that (162 rwhp maybe?)

162rwkw is more like 220-230kw at the flywheel.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Wicherts

The thing is a flywheel reading is only an estimate based on the figures from rear wheel Killowatts. So if you think its more than 200 at the flywheel maybe it is. But my first Dyno run without the Haltech system was roughly 30 KW in difference from flywheel to rear wheel so my figures are right. However you cannot compare one car to another based on the modifications they have. There are a number of factors that may suggest that no two EF's are alike. Such as how well a car has been looked after,Weight of the wheels on a car, and also it depends of who has tuned it , because with a haltech piggy back once it is on the dyno there are hundreds of different setting which all add to the performance gain one would get from his car.

Last edited by Wicherts; 06-08-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicherts
There are a number of factors that may suggest that no two EF's are alike. Such as how well a car has been looked after,Weight of the wheels on a car, and also it depends of who has tuned it , because with a haltech piggy back once it is on the dyno there are hundreds of different setting which all add to the performance gain one would get from his car.
Another factor could be the dyno your on :P Sorry but i don't believe you can get that much power from just the mods you've listed. Not saying that your a lyer, just saying that maybe the dyno is wrong (eg generous dyno, incorrect testing method etc). I would expect more like 140-145rwkw from the setup you've descibed...

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
Wicherts

Thats a fair call Im not sure how possible it is but I have run the car on more than one dyno so the chances of both being out id imagine is pretty unlikley. The car was running 145rwkw before the Haltech. I Garantee im not pulling anyones leg here. So after the Haltech and many runs on the dino with a full tune. Ive made 17kw so I don't think that is too much to ask if you break it down. Considering the cost of the excercise.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:48 PM   #10
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Looks like your making some good power there mate. Looking at a big cam would be your next bet. Somewhere allong the lines of 1521a, Dev5(a) or crow race.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 10:56 PM   #11
Wicherts

Hey there. So what did you do to get yours moving