Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
4dlvr
4dlvr

Default engine malfunction light on

hey, i was driving my 06 fiesta and the engine malfunction light came on.
i also realised that is started to run rough under load and high rpm..
the car has been serviced every 15,000km and has 55,000km on it...
has been trouble free untill now...
i was thinking either spark plugs or ignition leads, wich are no dramas, but im scared it might be the coil pack... any ideas????
also the car is under extended warranty.. would ford take careof this free of charge???

4dlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Ben85

The spark plugs should have been changed during your 45000km service. So if that is the case it shouldnt be that. If the car is an 06 model it will still be under the normal manufacturers warranty. They should take care of the issue if they can find it.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Possible, I had mine come on (04 model and under warranty) and turns out one of the cylinders had shut down. Warranty should cover it =)
Old 23-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
4dlvr
4dlvr

cheers guys... will take it in and let you no how it goes...
thanx
Old 24-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #5
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How does the car drive now? if it drives fine, it could be an oxygen sensor.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
4dlvr
4dlvr

its driving ruff. i took it into ford this morning, and ill have to pick it up tomorrow. if i didn't no how fords service was i would be real worried
Old 30-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
4dlvr
4dlvr

got it back from the dealer today, turned out the ecu was out of tune???
so the reflashed it and it worked...
he also changed the oil, oil filter and refuled it with 98 octane. apparently the ecu was confused because they were all bad and dirty.. after 2 hours of haggling, it costed me nothing...
Old 03-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
4dlvr
4dlvr

light came on again. i took it back, apparently the fuel pressure regulator is running touble the psi it should. they say that its because of contamanated fuel... so parts like fuel lines, regulator, fuel pump, need to be changed. $1300.

ive booked it into my machanic to have a second look...
ford... is this a regular problem with fiestas???
its always been filled up with bp 95...

now i wish i got the corolla
Old 03-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
Adsy01

out of intrest, have you been using ethenol blended fuel?

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #10
frinik

i had same problems on my 04 zetec...though mine was running rough on cold starts and under load...took it to ford to look at when i had a service...charged me additional $150 to update the ecu + clean something in the engine...had to drive the car to wollongong from sydney and leave it there for 4 days...when i got back into the car the problem kept occuring + engine light started flashing on and off under load... so i took it back...
they looked at it more thoroughly and replaced the coil pack under warranty...
runs smooth as silk now....
they mentioned that it is a problem with fiestas but its not recorded anywhere properly...
it had been running rough for around 6 months ... im lazy.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 PM   #11
4dlvr
4dlvr

thanks for deleting my previous post.
95 premium only.

the car has been taken into racv, and they cant spot any problems... they said fuel pressure is perfect and a few tests showed that their is NO corrosion in the fuel tank, lines etc...

this is doing my hed in...
i advised this car to my girlfriend because i herd they were bullet proof...
now im wishing she got a corolla
Old 11-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #12
4dlvr
4dlvr

light went off by it self this morning aS i was taking it to the mechanics...
i added a bottle of injector cleaner to help...
ive also realized that the light is mostly on when the tank is full.. weird or related problem???
Old 12-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
4dlvr
4dlvr

lights back on.
i hope ford engineers and staff rot in hell
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #14
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

what a bummer. i had mine come on twice in 2 weeks. they said both 02 sensors had gone at separate times... seems ok.
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post