Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-11-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Day-mow
rexnet

Default wet door speakers

my door speakers are getting wet. im not heaps keen on this with my Alpine Rtypes in there. anyone know how to stop this?

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is it leaking through the windscreen rubber

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Day-mow
rexnet

thats plauseable seeing as my windscreen rubber is broken up the top. but i didn't think that would get into the doors?

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 16-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #4
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

i had the same issue, my door seals had separated a little bit from the top of the door (where the door meets the roof). i used a bit of loctite and that fixed the leaks.
just go around and check all the seals around the top and bottom of your doors.
hendoau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
Day-mow
rexnet

cheers. where did u put the loctite?

Old 16-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Day-mow
rexnet

cheers. where did u put the loctite? a photo would be realllly nice

Old 16-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #7
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

i've got pics, how do i post em up?
Old 16-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Ah ive discovered the same problem yesterday when swapping out my Orions, bloody things were wet along with everything else inside the door from halfway down.

Hendoau99 you can attach them to your post or make a photobucket account, upload your photos then copy paste the IMG link into your post and it will come up. You may have to resize your pics so they dont take up the whole screen.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

hmmm, my files are too large. i'll try and explain. when you open the door, there are two rubber seals. up just below the roof line. i pulled both seals back and put loctite along the edge of the seals then put them back in place. now, on the door itself, theres a seal on the top. it's the part that joins the roof when you shut the door. i did the same with that one. really hope this helps, bit bummed my pics are too big. coz' that explains it so much better than words. i will get pics up.

Last edited by hendoau99; 16-11-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #10
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

Default pics

hopefully heres a pic. there the two roof seals. and thats the door seal.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #11
Day-mow
rexnet

i think i know what you've done. what type of loctite did you use?

Old 17-11-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
smally289
growing up is optional

Um, excuse my ignorance, but how will that stop water getting into the doors? Those seals stop water getting past the doors and into the cabin. The inside of a door is not ever going to be totally dry area.
smally289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #13
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smally351
Um, excuse my ignorance, but how will that stop water getting into the doors? Those seals stop water getting past the doors and into the cabin. The inside of a door is not ever going to be totally dry area.
Yeh that's what I was thinking. The water is getting inside the door, not inside the car. There's only one way the water can get inside the door.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #14
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im having this same problem, must be a common AU thing.
Id suggest looking at the rear view mirrors on the door, make sure the rubber around it is in positiuon etc because its the same area as the speaker.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #15
hendoau99
app diesel mechanic

with the whole how does that stop water getting in question, IDK, it was dripping in from those areas so i loctited the seals and that stopped it.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

OK, behind the mirrror is another way, but only very small holes and well sealed by the rubber. More likely you have damaged/worn/dirty seals on the window glass. Also make sure the window is wound up hard and fully when raining, this makes sure the bottom of the glass is pushed hard against rubber seal. The glass just has to be 1-2 mm down, and it will not be sealed properly.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #17
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendoau99
with the whole how does that stop water getting in question, IDK, it was dripping in from those areas so i loctited the seals and that stopped it.
Oh, so the speakers are getting wet inside the car, not inside the door. If the door seal is not good at the top, you wind the window down and bend the top of the door in, so that it pushes against the seals better. The door bends really easily, so do it carefully, otherwise you will bend it a bit too far (easy to bend it back though).
Old 17-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Day-mow
rexnet

the foam in the door gets wet. and the speaker spacers are wet. and i dislike it.