Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #1
DaNeoS
Banned

Default Yes.. Im in alot of shit :(

as some of you may have heard that maybe my car was being put on a tow truck last thursday nite yes it got impounded for " Hooning " so they say. pulled out of car wash normally then when got in a striagth line put my foot down and the back kicked out. so 3 hours later after having 1 van, 1 highway patrol, 1 divi van , and one ss sedan i was told i could leave after my car was on the back of the tow truck and on its ways to essendon picked it up today after several hundred dollars. bad news i am going to court tomorow for shit that i did earlier in the year :( and now i will be waiting for another summens for this " Hooning " ... John / Pete if you got the photos up, post them up here.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

: spewing!
Old 12-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
Dezza
Parts bin special

Good that you've got it back, but a shame that it got impounded in the first place. It wouldn't have felt right, having to drive a VT to Phillip Island for the V8s

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 12-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Hmm...Ive accidentally lit them up a little coming out of a car wash before, but done it on purpose a couple of times as well.

You can say that you haven't been warned.

Is this a continuation of the other thread that got locked? The Franga one?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-12-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

Thats not good to hear:(

hope it all turns out ok for you

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:01 PM   #6
EL8TED
It all counts

at least you realise the errors of your ways - and accept it - i can respect that , most ppl would be on here whinging and crying that the police were big meanies and they are unfair to all drivers and i am never wrong and i know everything.. etc etc .. hope the rest turns out ok for you.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That sucks mate, if you didnt keep the boot into it then they should have been a bit lenient.

Ive also gotten sideways by accident coming out of a carwash. Noone was watching though.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
That sucks mate, if you didnt keep the boot into it then they should have been a bit lenient.

Ive also gotten sideways by accident coming out of a carwash. Noone was watching though.
They can be quite dangerous actually, you have stuff all traction coming out, and I dont know about others, but I clean my rims a bit and that seems to cool/flood (??) my brakes until I give them a quick couple of pumps.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 12-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL8TED
at least you realise the errors of your ways - and accept it - i can respect that , most ppl would be on here whinging and crying that the police were big meanies and they are unfair to all drivers and i am never wrong and i know everything.. etc etc .. hope the rest turns out ok for you.
Ill 2nd that
Old 12-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #10
DaNeoS
Banned

yeh, i took out of car wash slowly because i saw the police, then when i was goign straigth i put the foot into it to get up to speed and it kicked out :( but spose no use having a cry i fkd up, n gotta put up with the consiquences. whats this thread about franga?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I hate to kick you whilst you are down... but FRIGGEN SPELL CHECK before you post.

Firefox 2 has an inbuilt spell checker.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Bald & Wet Tyres and locked diff can do that..........you should of known that by now......

Still this "hooning" law sucks big time but thats been covered over and over again

Didn't the cops have anything better to do <------ this is the line the cops love

Hope all goes well tomorrow but i have seen my fair share of court hearings and its like gambling Win or Loose - hope you win though - GOOD LUCK

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Bald & Wet Tyres and lsd diff can do that as well :P

did they say anything to you about your spool (like if they seen your wheels skipping when it was going on the tray?)
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #14
DaNeoS
Banned

nah did not say anything about the spool, so thats a bit better. lucky the 19's where not on the front this time but now i gotta organise shit for tomorrow. will post the good or bad news tomorrow :(
Old 12-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #15
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

if you get caught 'hooning' is a straight out suspension.. or like 3 points and $xxx fine... (or it's a suspension but up to court to decide how long for?)
Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #16
gngtho
Banned

isn't that double jepardy?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #17
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

bugger man! i hate that crap!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #18
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Bad luck dude.

But really you shouldve just layed low till you got out of the suburb as soon as you saw the cops when coming out the carwash.

I know how tempting it is though, nothing like a bit of water on the tyres to make you feel like you have 500kw!
3rd gear power-on wheelspin!
Old 12-12-2006, 11:45 PM   #19
GREERZ_04_BA
Dude.Sweet.Dude.Sweet

damm that sucks.
did u say u just washed ur car and ur wheels still are getting water on them.
that sucks so bad.

www.myspace.com/greerz86
Old 12-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #20
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

oh i love SA
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
Old 13-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #21
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeoS
pulled out of car wash normally then when got in a striagth line put my foot down and the back kicked out
Damn I always do that, and my carwash is right near a cop shop! Will have to think twice from now on.

I notice you say there were multiple Police vehicles at the scene of your ghastly crime, which one actually pulled you over out of interest? Was it a TOG or a General Duties car?

Sundeep
Old 13-12-2006, 12:08 AM   #22
John_LS1

LOL everytime without fail id be sideways out of the car wash in my ED it was almost impossible not to...although i did get carried away at times.

Old 13-12-2006, 12:15 AM   #23
Falcon_Power_06

me and my mate seen that he thought it was you and when we saw pete's car there we knew it was. Tom told me what happened about 10 mins after the truck took off.
Old 13-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
EDXR6T

Tough luck man.

Car wash demo's are the best. lol

Out of interest how much did this all cost you with the towing fee's, impound fee's, and what ever crap they throw on top of it./??

Hope it all turn's our good.
Old 13-12-2006, 02:08 AM   #25
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

ah bad luck man. i was at a carwash the other night and some guy lit em up in the bay then continued to go side ways around the exit bend
Old 13-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #26
Rollin
Banned

I used to wash my car at work before these water restrictions, and the road perpendicular to the one my work is on is slippery at the best of times (step out on a 1-2 shift in the dry when the car was still N/A) but just after washing the car it was lethal!

I reckon if I ever tried to which of course I never did I could have blazed second gear the length of the street

I'm also a bit curious about the laws, as gngtho said - aren't you getting busted twice for the same thing? like, you got sideways, and the cops inpounded your car and you had to pay heaps of money to get it out, then you are also getting a summons to go to court for the same thing? WTF????

My girlfriends dad said something tonight which I thought was quite funny, went along the lines of -

"If you go to court you can expect the law to be upheld, but if you expect justice you are kidding yourself"
Old 13-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #27
LTDHO
The one and only

You always have to keep your driving style in check. You should know that you will get wheel spin comming out of a car wash. But the sounds of it you have been done for similar before.

Without over reacting I hope this has no impact on the club. As I live around the corner I don't want the automatic 'E-series hoon member'.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 13-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #28
pHaT`eL
Banned

I thought it was kind of ridiculous the amount of police that were there for such a small infringement, 7 all up, out of 4 cars at one stage!!
All seemed pretty nice, except for the female, who must of got up on the wrong side of bed, making sure Dane knew how many people were killed on the road, then threatening to tell my gf's parents that he'd killed her, even though she was standing next to us?
She then sped off VERY quickly in a 60km/h roadwork zone, I asked the male cop if she knew how many people died on the roads and he had a bit of a chuckle.
Ill get the pics up when I get home..
Old 13-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #29
Sledgehammer
Banned

Frankston coppers no doubt.........
Old 13-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #30
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A while ago now before the hoon laws came in i just washed my car at home and did the tyre shine thing, went to the milk bar to get smokes and did a U turn. I didnt plant the foot but the rear spun out a bit due to the trye shine stuff. I was noticed by a parked police car ands pulled over and warned. But the simple fact that the tyres were slippery and doing a U turn didnt mean a thing to the cops. Anyway it was just a warning but imagine if it was a cop that wasnt so nice!!
Closed Thread