Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Default Those crazy E-Series guys!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=37157

Come on fellas, give us a break! : : :

Oo\===/oO
Old 13-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

i knew this would happen.
eseries.... always the bad guys
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 13-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Its just a thread in the E Series, I see nothing dramatic about it. Legit question and, given the way the BA prices are plummiting, its a reasonable thing to ask that if you want to upgrade from E Series would you go AU or wait a little and go BA.

The AU is not everyone's sort of car. Some prefer the more generic styling of the BA.. most do actually. Just makes the AU all the more special to me. Leave it be guys.

Come to the AU BBQ, enjoy the AU's and let the E SEries guys enjoy their cars. We are all Fords remember.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 14-02-2006, 02:03 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

They have a point - the AU1 Forte was ugly, and undortunately, that brush is what tars all AUs in some people's minds.

If I had an e series and was looking to upgrade, I would get the best car i could for the money I had available. If that means a late model AU XR instead of a later model BA XT, then I would go the AU. If it meant a high kms XR6T vs an average kms AU series 3 XR8, then I would probably go the 6T (depending on condition etc).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 14-02-2006, 04:44 AM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Well there Ford people and not Holden people , so thats a good start ..lol
Old 14-02-2006, 06:27 AM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats sort of stuff you have to expect. AU was never a popular choice. We all know that the AU as the ugly duckling title.

I've owned 2 E-Series and while the EA was plagued with problems and the EF was right behind it, but I still think the E-Series was a good car. The EF had the best looks and interior layout of any ford. AU3 is ok, and BA is nice, but I still preferred the interior on my EF as well as the body shape
Old 14-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
BJMXR

Yeah AU got an instantly bad name that was very hard to shake after the AUI Forte (with the teeth looking grill). But i find it hard to believe that some think the AUII and III XR's, TS, TE etc with body kits are an "ugly" car. But i agree everyone is entitled to their opinion and yes, some AU's are disgusting. I know i was very dissappointed the first time i ever saw an AU... how things change!
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
Old 14-02-2006, 10:43 AM   #8
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Meh, each series of cars has its issues. The AU was exceptional value and engineering but the looks were polerising to the extreme. They actually look better now then they did in 1998 after they were first released. People are used to them now, automotive tastes have changed appearence wise and more people are seeing AU's in a new light.
They will never have the overall mass appeal of the BA or even the E Series cars as most people are still interested in a conservative look rather then the "in you face, you cant not see me" look of the AU.

Still, while many of the E Series guys are stating they wouldnt upgrade to an AU (why would you when BA's are falling in price and are more "similar" in conservative styling to the E Series than to the AU's) it is important to note that the newest E Series is still older than the oldest AU's. With everything but the EL now 10 years+ old many of the E Series guys will need to look at updateing as a "forced issue" as they encounter more and more "aged car" issues. AU's are still a few years away from that and have proven to not have as many quality issues in the first place.

I still have my EF wagon but its now 12 years old and suffereing a lot of major issues lately. Rather than keep repairing it indefinatly I have decieded to get rid of it at the end of the year for a more appropriate and reliable family wagon. Such is life.

I'm sure in about 6 or 7 years there will be a thread in aufalcon.com asking "Would you upgrade to the BG or wait for the B? to drop in price a little more?"

Old 14-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Well there Ford people and not Holden people , so thats a good start ..lol
GEE"S I"not jumping that fence again :Reverend: just thought I would help them out with there decision .... two of them Wanted to jump ship to the real other side used: then they ran me off back here ware the chosen few belong... What was I thinking ?????????....................
LOL Whoosha :

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 14-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #10
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
GEE"S I"not jumping that fence again :Reverend: just thought I would help them out with there decision .... two of them Wanted to jump ship to the real other side used: then they ran me off back here ware the chosen few belong... What was I thinking ?????????....................
LOL Whoosha :
BBQ envy.. its a horrible thing :nutsycuck

Old 14-02-2006, 12:08 PM   #11
BJMXR

I had an ED XR6 that i loved with a passion. E-Series are a great car, but after owning both of them, the AUII XR8 is just unquestionably a more refined and better drive.

Mind you if someone hadn't stolen my ED, im sure id still be proudly driving it around as i did then...
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
Old 14-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #12
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol.. e series..
Old 14-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennAUII
lol.. e series..
Don't knock em till you've tried one. There is very little difference between a base EL GLi and an AU Forte (Shape, and styling apart).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 14-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Don't knock em till you've tried one. There is very little difference between a base EL GLi and an AU Forte (Shape, and styling apart).
True. In fact my EF Futura is similar to an AU Forte in a lot of ways and miles ahead of the EB Fairmont I had. They were an excellent car in their day.

Old 14-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #15
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
my parents have owned E series before, so have my other relatives.
We've had an ED futura, EFII GLi, DF LTD 5.0.. my aunty had an EL futura, and my uncle has an EL sapphire. Personally after driving them, i wouldn't change my AU for any one of them. They are bargey things.. AU = teh win :
Old 14-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
GlennBA
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
They were an excellent car in their day.
what he said.. lol.
*hides from e series nuts*
Old 14-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Can we not go into an E Series v's AU war? I'd rather not waste my time.

Old 14-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #18
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

How about e i e i o. lol.

Old 14-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
stiddy
Banned

My sister has an EF falcon, ive got an AU XR6.. ive driven both a fair bit..
and honeslty, from an un biased opinion the AU XR6 is much much better, my mum, dad, and even my sister agree to it..
Dont get me wrong the EF goes O.K, looks fairly neat, not bad inside, but even my sister admitted to it being 'an old mans car'.. and mine being more 'sporty' more 'her' type of car.. hell even my g/f at the time wanted an XR6 the first time I rocked up in it, and now her dad has an AU Fairmont V8 lol
I wanted an EL after I went for a drive in my aunties EL fairmont ghia, leather interior, wood grain, chrome, xr6 motor, dark green colour, beautiful car, when it was time for me to get a car, AU's were released, the series 1 forte with its big toothy grin, as it did with many others, turned me off them aswell..
Day for car hunting, I saw an AU XR6, and wanted it.. now I have it, and i love it..

would I trade it for an AU, hells yes, a TE50 would suit my driveway nicely lol
Old 14-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #20
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I think its a safe bet that those of us AU owners who have driven or previously owned an E Series prefer the AU by a mile. Still, it would be expected that those E Series guys who are posting will back the E Series models... stands to reason. Its all about diversity. I'm glad not everyone has an AU... makes us stand out that little bit more. Some of the E Series cars are hot... I just prefer an AU... as others prefer E Series and others prefer BA's. Spice of life.

Old 14-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #21
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Can we not go into an E Series v's AU war? I'd rather not waste my time.
Another dyno shoot out perhaps??

We all know that AU's are junk and you can't go back to an older car so ya stuck with it! [LTDHO ducks and weaves missing all punches] ha ha ha.

Seriously, it's only taste. I bet some who own AU would never own a E-series. It happens.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 14-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #22
NEG
Diabolus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiddy
My sister has an EF falcon, ive got an AU XR6.. ive driven both a fair bit..
and honeslty, from an un biased opinion the AU XR6 is much much better, my mum, dad, and even my sister agree to it..
Dont get me wrong the EF goes O.K, looks fairly neat, not bad inside, but even my sister admitted to it being 'an old mans car'.. and mine being more 'sporty' more 'her' type of car.. hell even my g/f at the time wanted an XR6 the first time I rocked up in it, and now her dad has an AU Fairmont V8 lol
I wanted an EL after I went for a drive in my aunties EL fairmont ghia, leather interior, wood grain, chrome, xr6 motor, dark green colour, beautiful car, when it was time for me to get a car, AU's were released, the series 1 forte with its big toothy grin, as it did with many others, turned me off them aswell..
Day for car hunting, I saw an AU XR6, and wanted it.. now I have it, and i love it..

would I trade it for an AU, hells yes, a TE50 would suit my driveway nicely lol
your compairing a xr6 and a standard falcon, i also would rather a au xr6 over a standard EF, but Id also rather a EF XR6 over a standard AU.
Old 14-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #23
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Another dyno shoot out perhaps??

We all know that AU's are junk and you can't go back to an older car so ya stuck with it! [LTDHO ducks and weaves missing all punches] ha ha ha.
Only if 90% of the E Series dont pull out in the last 3 days with lame ИИИИ excuses. I love the smell of headgaskets bursting and zipties melting in the morning :

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Seriously, it's only taste. I bet some who own AU would never own a E-series. It happens.
Thats exactly what it is.. just a taste issue. The AU is a love it or hate it shape. Very few people are not effected by it in some way (love or hate)... and those that arent probably drive Camrys and eat cheese sandwitches when they want to be daring.

Old 14-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #24
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEG
your compairing a xr6 and a standard falcon, i also would rather a au xr6 over a standard EF, but Id also rather a EF XR6 over a standard AU.
actually yeah you do have a point there.. stock form yes, id have an EF XR6 over a stock AU1 forte...
but with the likes of AWC, id happily own an AU forte..
Old 14-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #25
fipcee
not so stock

I used to own a EF XR6 and it was a gr8 car however I blew the motor up in it with only 120K on the clock (actually cooked the engine). Had this not happened, and had my dealer not taken notice of my ranting and raving stating it was HIS repair department that ultimatley killed the car, then I guess I would still be driving it. Having said that and having been "encouraged" in to the AUIII XR6 then I must state that I have fallen for the AU. A matter of opinion I suppose but I guess I'm a fence sitter. Both really good cars with positives for either. There's my two bobs worth.
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
Old 14-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Yep its all about personal choice , would you be caught driving a volkswagon ? NO - but thousands of other people do , same thing 'sorta' ..lol . Even though i've been a beloved Ford fan for years , there is still plenty of other cars i wouldn't mind owning. When you consider with nearlly ALL car these days what u get for ya $$ really u doin well !, I remember our choices when i was 18 , it was like a datsun200b , or a corola etc etc etc and u'de be paying a few grand for them back then !!!!! omg, they were all junkboxes and cost more than what u can pick up a fairlly decent newish car for these days ! - Even the xy gt's for example , were a very nice car back then , couldn't afford 1 unless u was rich though, and nowerdays if u compare the interior of a XY to todays newer cars, u get better interiors in most standard cars ! - remember the days of sitting on those old cold vinal seats on a frosty morning !!!!!!!!! ..lol.. I don't miss that at all .
Old 14-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #27
EFFalcon
Last warning

this is worse then a holden vs ford forum debate.
someone bags fords on a holden site, the link gets pasted on a ford site.

personal opinions will always start a fight :|
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 14-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #28
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Certainly will. And with that I'm closing this thread. It is counter productive and, although no one has really gone in with a flamethrower and called E Series cars the ugliest cars Ford Aus has ever produced or a tempory storage space for used parts or even just look like crap, they are not going to get the chance in this thread.Choice is one thing... canning something for the sake of it is another. If someone wanted to pay out on the ESeries shortcomings there would be a hell of a list to pick from, certainly as many if not more than the AU's list. I'd rather not let emotions get the chance to get too carried away.

Closed Thread