Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Default I'd Rather a Holden than a Ricer

Is it me or are ricers the biggest ******* around and are all talk and no show?

When I go on my Friday night cruise there are ricers everywhere yet when I drive near them they try and run away and hide or park turn their crappy supercheap subs up and thats the end of it.

At least when I pull up near a Dunnydoor driver they will rip a burnout or try and race me or something.

I've seen some funny **** around too.

My girlfriend goes to TAFE with some idiot who is convinced that Toyota makes the worlds best performance cars but the Government makes them detune their engines so Holden and Ford can compete and that Toyota was banned from Bathurst because they kept winning.

I was also walking home from work one day and was amazed to find a bunch of guys standing around the popped hood of a Hyundai Excel drinking beer.

I live in a semi rural area so I dont know how bad it is in the city but I've seen drag races between Kia Shumas and Hyundai Excels im not kidding and there are friggin Lancers everywhere.

The rice mags seem to perpetuate it too I read an editors column in one where the editor raved on about the brilliance about the four banger how its perfectally balance..excuse me?

If its so balance then why does it need balance shafts and the capacity has a ceiling of around 2.3L

I cant undrerstand why other p platers spend a fortune modifying their car just so it can do what a Falcadore does stock.

It just ****es me off the number of idiots around driving crappy daihatsus and hyundais and think their cars are the best and laugh at Falcons and Commodores for being slow.

I also get told that my car can never beat a ricer because all ricers handle better, cmon my pushbike can handle better than a car doesnt mean its guna beat it.

I enjoy talking to commondoor drivers cos bout half of them actually know something and believe in the same principles of a big affordable RWD car with a large capacity six or eight.

What annoys me the most though is people who say Fords are **** and have no argument they just repeat it like a friggin parrot.

Anyway thats my 2 cents.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM   #2
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol? :
Old 10-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow you get ****ed off easily then :
Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Nobody will race me..............
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
lostdude

relax man your too stressed.
but we did have a magna : once and that was 2.6 litres and the nissan xtrail is 2.5 so i think that ceiling thing about the 2.3L is not that accurate.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #6
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wtf...???????????
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #7
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Hey i have to drive a Toyota Camry work car so I gotta reason 2 be stressed lol

After bout 2.3L the four gets bad vibration the straight six and V8 are a better configuration and the Flat 6 is the perfect.

Long live the TX3 Turbo thats a four banger i would buy!
Old 10-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #8
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
Hey i have to drive a Toyota Camry work car so I gotta reason 2 be stressed lol

After bout 2.3L the four gets bad vibration the straight six and V8 are a better configuration and the Flat 6 is the perfect.

Long live the TX3 Turbo thats a four banger i would buy!
Boxer 4 and AWD. That's what you call balanced :

TX3 are awesome. Had a TX5 and that was a very good car apart from extreme torquesteer and wheelspin when the road was damp.

LOL it's a Camry anyway, not meant to be a racecar. Yes I'd be very stressed too if I had to drive one of them.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #9
holmsy
Banned

well my mate just bought a magna vrx i think its called. it goes good as. is a largish car. and he prefers driving it to his ef xr8 now beacause it goes harder and has alot better features even know its only bout 2 years newer.

i think alot of people are going little cars and ricing them up beacause they can save some money on petrol but still feel like they are in a nice car. (if you like that style)
Old 10-05-2007, 03:27 PM   #10
Beetus
Now drifting a falcon

Quote:
Is it me or are ricers the biggest ******* around and are all talk and no show?

At least when I pull up near a Dunnydoor driver they will rip a burnout or try and race me or something..
Umm wtf? u want that?

I
Quote:
was also walking home from work one day and was amazed to find a bunch of guys standing around the popped hood of a Hyundai Excel drinking beer ....
so what??

Quote:
I cant undrerstand why other p platers spend a fortune modifying their car just so it can do what a Falcadore does stock....
ummm from experience, put one of those 1.8 lt lancers up against a ed or eb 6... or vn vp, see who wins. well in my experience the lancer won, also creeping to 210 is better than a falcon.... no offense to falcons of course lol

Quote:
It just ****es me off the number of idiots around driving crappy daihatsus and hyundais and think their cars are the best and laugh at Falcons and Commodores for being slow.....
thats a fair call
Old 10-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #11
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Everything that you said in that first post was 100% spot on.
These cars that we see out cruising every weekend are absolutely pathetic,im in adelaide and they are everywhere.
They can laugh at me as much as they like in my "slow" ford,they aint gona be laughin once they have been left for dead at the nearest set of traffic lights.
Iv been sitting next to rice crap at the traffic lights and there waving goodbye to me cos they think there little piece of **** is actually quick.
All show and no ****in go mate, it is truly sad.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #12
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lmao.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Nobody will race me..............
Go to a dragstrip and everyone races.
Closed Thread