Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
xrocket
Tickford Rocket

Default Xr6 S3 Tickford Stereo System

Hi guys, i had to register again as i changed isp and then forgot my password. DOH

Question for you all, my series 3 sprint as the space in the parcel shelf for a 8" sub, it also has a stereo cable hanging there too. I'm assuming its a factory cable as its in the factory harness with the fomoco stickers on it and it has a black plug on the end.

I'd like to hook up a small base sub, but is this live??? I've ohm tested it and get nothing, unlike the other rear speaker cable which all read active.

I'm not much of a stereo type of person but like my tunes. Any one know what this cable is for?? and can it be used for a sub??? and is it as simple as plugging one in.

Xrocket.

xrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrocket
Hi guys, i had to register again as i changed isp and then forgot my password. DOH

Question for you all, my series 3 sprint as the space in the parcel shelf for a 8" sub, it also has a stereo cable hanging there too. I'm assuming its a factory cable as its in the factory harness with the fomoco stickers on it and it has a black plug on the end.

I'd like to hook up a small base sub, but is this live??? I've ohm tested it and get nothing, unlike the other rear speaker cable which all read active.

I'm not much of a stereo type of person but like my tunes. Any one know what this cable is for?? and can it be used for a sub??? and is it as simple as plugging one in.

Xrocket.

It may be the subby cable but you'll get nothing without an amp driving it.

Tha amp (if fitted) is located in space behind the carpeted panel at the drivers side rear.

If no amp but the cabling is there you may be able to buy an 8" sub and amp from the wreckers.
Then all you have to worry about is *if* the wiring is connected to the head unit...
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Yes it for the sub, but you need to hook it up to a amp.
Old 15-02-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

I have a full premium sound setup out of a Series One fairlane if you are interested. I have upgraded to Alpine gear and this stuff is just sitting here. Im not sure if the wiring is the same, but it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
kryzak260 is offline   Reply With Quote