Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
maxford

Default ford falcon AU - COOLANT REPLACE

Hi all

I just replaced the coolant in my ford AU III 2002. The mixture of demineralized water and coolant that I could pour in was 8 litres (2.5 coolant and 5.5 water). I read on the internet afterwards that I should have warmed up the car up during the system flush few times for the old coolant in the pump and engine to circulate. I flushed the old water few times but never allowed the thermostat to open. The car is 5 years old and has 80,000 kms

So do you think that I should do it again because I have done it incorrect?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Cheers

maxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unless your old coolant was looking like mud, i think she'll be sweet
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
maxford

The old coolant look like a yellow river in china in clearest section. seriously now; it had slight yellowish colour but still clear
maxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

Nah you'll be fine mate.

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
MAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #5
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

itll be fine, coolant is pricey so iwouldnt worry about it for now. next time you do it though, you'll know to do it the other way. good lesson to be learnt here!
col

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 09:06 PM   #6
Au2falcons
Winter all year round

Did you flush the heater core aswell? The only concern is that there may be a little of the old coolant in the system. The problem with mixing different brands of coolant is that each type of uses a different blend of chemicals. When mixed together they can react a become acidic.

I'm not trying to scare you but this is basically why the system should be flushed thoroughly. Just remember it for the next flush.

Recommend trading with Mechan1k, Offyaguts, EDMONTY, PhantomXR8, HOTC2R, Partie & JC
Au2falcons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should probably have the heater turned on as well.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote