Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 16-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #1
Delica06
Starter Motor

Default stereo code err

Read heaps of forum threads but still haven't sorted out my radio problem. I now have finally found the code code for my ef stereo, after entering the wrong code a few too many time, bugger !! What is the trick to getting past the "err" message on the lcd. I tried holding down buttons, removing the stereo, taking out the fuse, waiting for a few day's but it still doesn't ask me for the code ??

Any suggestions on how to enter the code ??
thanks guy's !!

Delica06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You need to turn the ignition to the accessories position, and leave it like that until the display says "code". Depending on how many times you entered the wrong code, this time for the key to be in the on position can be anywhere from 40 mins to 4 hours. It's supposed to deter thieves, but it really just pi55e5 owners off!

I hope you have a secure garage to do this in - not sure how insurance would view it if you leave the keys in and the car goes walkabout.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 12:30 AM   #3
Delica06
Starter Motor

Thanks JC, that was a quick response,
Turn on to accessory.............do you mean so that the ignition lights come on, will that cause any damage or flatten my battery or do you mean just turn the key to the first "click"
Cheer's
Delica06 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #4
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Turn to the ACC position. So the radio should turn on, but none of the warning lights will come on the dash. Shouldn't flatten your battery unless it's on the way out anyway. Just check the radio every 30 mins or so to see if "code" comes up, and make sure no interior lights etc are left on, that way the only thing using power is the radio doing its code reset thing (very small power draw).
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
yahoo189

when you say pushing buttons, I assume you mean holding in the buttons that they tell you to in the manual?
Old 16-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

i never understood the whole security code thing... do you think anyone has ever wanted to steal a stock EF Tape Player

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post